Mobility Scooters For Seniors

Manassas

Thinking of getting a mobility scooter for father-in-law so he can get down the soi and to the neighbors. I see a few dealers online in Thailand like Diamond and EcoBrand. There are also different size motors from 300w to 600w. I'm just wondering if anyone else has purchased one and if they have any recommendations on the better brands and what specs are important.

Thanks in advance for any good consumer tips.

About 18 months ago I purchased a mobility scooter from Eco brand and have been well satisfied. Their after sale service is second to none. An expat names Rob runs the place. Highly recommend.

Lefty

Lefty - thanks for the feedback. If we get one for the father-in-law we are thinking we'll just keep it for such time as we need one. Can I ask what model you purchased? We are debating between the 3-wheel and 4'wheel models. Since the soi is uneven we are thinking the 4-wheel would provide better stability. -- Cheers

When I purchased they only offered 4 wheel. Good stability but much wider turning circle. With little effort they come apart for transport in vehicle trunk. Really nice to use while shopping in malls , res truants etc. I guarantee your dad will appreciate the scooter,

Lefty

Oddly enough some 3 wheel cars are safer than others. Morgan is one. It has 2 front wheels and one at the back and is far more stable than one wheel at the front and two at the back like a Reliant.

4 wheels however are safer especially over a poor surface.