Cheapest And Best Tablet For My 11 Year Old

thequietman

Hi guys,

Anyone bought a tablet for their kid and are more than happy ??

I know nothing about these so be gentle. Sons birthday soon, so I want to get him one.

What model will I buy. Any advice is appreciated. Saw one called Hercules SP0718 with 8 gb memory that seems ok. 2900 baht wifi cortex A9 dual core 1.5 Ghz (what ever that means)

Advice is greatly appreciated. As you know, it will probably only be used for games and surfing the net.

Many Thanks in advance. wai.gif .

Legend from Ainol.It is simpler then the one you have seen- but also much cheaper.-good price is

50 bucks.It plays all games 7 inch.I am using it myself now.quite good.You will not get mad when he breaks it

you will buy him another one.same model.You have to buy cover for it sort of wallet to protect.

• Like 1

take a look at the WeGO Tablets - they go for around 60 $ 2500 THB and are quite good. smile.png

But i'm afraid if you kid is anything older than 7, you'll probably get the "worst dad of the world" award !

it is a pity, seeing kids abuse 64GB mini-ipads! Yes, they look sleek. Yes,they make you king of the castle!

DAD - I broke it. clap2.gif Buy me a new one please. ups,

Niece of my wife has been living with us for the past 3 years, is now almost 4 yrs old. Got the Google Nexus 7 when it first came out, received it last June. Loaded it with many Google Play apps (alphabet, numbers, art, stories). She uses it every day, has learned the alphabet and numbers, now starting reading. Greatly enjoys it and respects the device. I got a cover for it, as I have for my own. Just have to teach them how to treat electronics. The Nexus 7 is simply great, and it is being upgraded as well as had some price drops. Much recommended for 11-yr old because of the wealth of free and paid Android apps that work so well on the Android 4.1 system.

I have an Aigopad M80 that I bought just before the Nexus 7 was launched.

I've had no major issues with it, but the one thing that the cheap Chinese manufacturers seem not to do is release software upgrades. I can run Jelly Bean on my ancient Samsung Galaxy S, but seem to haveno option to upgrade the software on the tablet. The manufacturer doesn't seem to release softwareupdates, and it never reached the volumes where it would be supported by groups like Cyanogen.

i.e. Before buying a cheap Chinese tablet, I'd definitely check their website to confirm they've released updates for older models.

I have changed my mind.Now I am recommending 4core Crystal2 also from Ainol.

you can buy it for just 100 bucks which is steal. It is more then 4 Times better comparing with Legend, which is 1 core only.

Your son is big boy, 11 years old he will not kaputt it inone week.

Look another thread in Internet Mobile Devices where you will find link to100 bucks price(free shipping).

SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 2 7.0 WIFI WHITE 16GB ฿6,250.00

Leading Android manufacturer with local warranty.

Get it from invadeit

They list it as not available on website.

orange_32x32.pngStock Status: Temporarily Unavailable

SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 2 7.0 WIFI WHITE 16GB ฿6,250.00

Leading Android manufacturer with local warranty.

Get it from invadeit

They list it as not available on website.

orange_32x32.pngStock Status: Temporarily Unavailable

I have settled for the ACER Aconia B1. Good brand name and has gotten good reviews. Android Jelly Bean, so very up to date. 8 GB memory. can add up to 32 GB. camera,bluetooth and 1.2 Ghz dual-core CPU. only 3990 baht. had to put my name down as they are hard to get.

It looks like the perfect choice!

Did you know the review(very extensive and pedantic!) in www.notebookcheck.net?(German site)

You will also find there - my recommendation:Ainol Cristall(just small story,not review - very fresh-just today!)

I have Crystal now.It lacks GPS,BlueTooth .and some other small things like mike input,8G only,mono speaker.

The most important is - average time between fails.Ainol is not very good at it.(statistically)

Where will you buy your choice for 4000B?

Edited by borovik

iPad mini. Best of the iPads and also the cheapest. Tons of fantastic apps for kids, just make sure to enable the parental controls so they can't buy stuff...

My 5 year old can barely write but he managed google for octopus videos... and subsequently watch them on youtube... I was blown away... he mis-spelled octopus but Google fixed that for him...he's also pretty close to figuring out my passcode just by watching me enter it from time to time, I don't think it'll be long...

Edited by nikster