It Must Be Low Season Again

gerry53

I just took my scooter to be washed and noticed the price for a small motorbike went from 50 baht to 70 baht. Considering it is going into low season, the Thai baht is at highs and many foreign currencies are suffering you would think NOW is not the time to impose a 40% one shot increase?

What ever happened to graduated price increases so it was easier to justify to the customer, say 10 or 20%? It could help to justify these increases with the new 300 baht minimum wages but even if they have been imposed and were being followed in this area I don't think they would recieve it as most seem to be illegals.

• Haha 1

A whole 20 baht eh and here you are telling the world all about it.

Have the price of noodles gone up recently? This board would go into meltdown.

You must be bored today or got hit too hard?

20 baht is easy to justify. 40% less so.

Just imagine if your rent or new car price went up 40%?

A meltdown would occur if it was an increase in the price of chang beer or "short time"!

A meltdown would occur if it was an increase in the price of chang beer or "short time"!

It's 20 baht. Why not be a bit grateful and be happy that you was only paying 50 baht anyway, why begrudge the Thai an extra 20 baht? Maybe you have been spoilt that so many things are cheap here?

Just an idea.

Try to justify all you like with the silly % arguement but the bottom line is you are just another farang cheapskate.

• Like 1

Try to justify all you like with the silly % arguement but the bottom line is you are just another farang cheapskate.
Excuse me weren't you the inebriated guy who got thumped out on Walking Street because you complained about paying your bin - you are too funny?? Reality check HAH.

Furthermore I am not just another Farang Cheapskate but generous with my money, I just dislike being gouged with any 40% increase.

Good effort.

But in my view paying 180 baht for a jack/coke in a crappy bar IS a rip-off. Paying 70 baht to have your bike cleaned is NOT a rip-off.

Spot the difference.

• Like 1

The bike shop today charged me for foam, used to protect my bicycle when traveling.

It was 10 baht, up from 5 baht.

100% increase.

100%!!!!!!!

Can you imagine if your airline ticket went up 100%!!!!

Or if the price of a yacht went up 100%!!!!

Or if the price of a car went up 100%!!!

haha

The bike shop today charged me for foam, used to protect my bicycle when traveling.

It was 10 baht, up from 5 baht.

100% increase.

100%!!!!!!!

Can you imagine if your airline ticket went up 100%!!!!

Or if the price of a yacht went up 100%!!!!

Or if the price of a car went up 100%!!!

haha

God forbid if noodles or the baht bus went up 100%

It's 20 baht. Why not be a bit grateful and be happy that you was only paying 50 baht anyway, why begrudge the Thai an extra 20 baht? Maybe you have been spoilt that so many things are cheap here?

Just an idea.

Double standards here from Mr warm&wet Quote from a current thread " outrageous price of a jack/coke at Bt180.00 " but at least the fat lip was free

Not double standards at all though is it. I notice you have conveniently ignored my post above explaining the difference? I'm am glad you got off on the fat lip thing. Well done on that.

another price increase certainly due to idiots tiping 20 or 50b for the washing service. Why not increase prices when most farangs insist on paying more ? rolleyes.gif

I always tip and seem to receive premium service next visit.

Same same for the bars on Soi 6 too. A little extra polish is what I'm after.

• Like 1

If its a problem. Then clean your own bike. I do it every Sunday. And why not it passes a hour or so, and I have fun doing it with my son.

As for a jack coke being 180. No different to any other country. Pattaya is a tourist city, with people willing to spend money. For 1600 baht you can get a bottle with mixers. That's cheap. Try getting that in Europe.

• Like 1

Minimum wage increase, delayed reaction.

When it was busy perhaps owner did not realize his expense would be higher.

PS it's just as hard to get illegals as legals, and keeping them.

Also illegals require monthly donations to some agency's

Edited by lemoncake

This percentage increase argument for something that has gone up just 20 baht is silly.

As the original price was only 50 baht any increase is going to be a high percentage.

Things regularly go up 20 baht or so throughout fun city. It's a result of businesses trying to stay afloat cover their costs and make a reasonable living.

• Like 1

another price increase certainly due to idiots tiping 20 or 50b for the washing service. Why not increase prices when most farangs insist on paying more ? rolleyes.gif

So you're now an 'idiot' if you tip someone 20 baht?

Priceless.

I personally think your an "idiot" if you refuse to pay a bar bin in a drunken stupor, then get the crap beat out of you after being frog marched out of a GoGo bar. Then you advertise your stupidity for board members to see and invite commentswhistling.gif .

This traumatic episode may be "post traumatic stress disorder" so we won't hold it against you.

Just an idea.

Not for the first time, you have totally missed the point.

It is not about 20 Baht. The OP asked how a 40% rise could be justified - the answer is that it cannot.

My builder has just put his daily rate up from 350 Baht to 400 Baht - a staggering 14% rise. Inflation busting.

Is he worth it - yes.

Will I still use him - yes.

Will I cut out his daily bottle of LEO - YES !

Just an idea.

It is not about 20 Baht. The OP asked how a 40% rise could be justified - the answer is that it cannot.

My builder has just put his daily rate up from 350 Baht to 400 Baht - a staggering 14% rise. Inflation busting.

Is he worth it - yes.

I think you have missed the point fella.

The % arguement is pathetic, as others have said here as the original price was only 50 baht. Anyone that fails to see that is extremely ignorant.

Just an idea.

Is he worth it - yes.

I think you have missed the point fella.

The % arguement is pathetic, as others have said here as the original price was only 50 baht. Anyone that fails to see that is extremely ignorant.

What an arrogant and insulting viewpoint.

40% is still 40% and is not an acceptable one-step increase in ANY pricing mechanism.

With my wealth a 100,000 Baht price is still ONLY 100,000 Baht - but a 40,000 Baht price increase would not be acceptable.

The 50 Baht is irrelevant ...

• Like 2