Investing In Thailand In A Luxury Villa Resort

Just saw in the Phuket Gazette seven villas up for sale. The land area that the seven villas are sitting on is just over 1.1 rai.

Amazing Thailand.

one man's rai is the other man's square wah wink.png

Just saw in the Phuket Gazette seven villas up for sale. The land area that the seven villas are sitting on is just over 1.1 rai.

Amazing Thailand.

one man's rai is the other man's square wah wink.png

For those who speak Thai, would that be the same as, a rai wah?

Amazing Thailand.

one man's rai is the other man's square wah

For those who speak Thai, would that be the same as, a rai wah?

Or even a talang wah!

• 2 weeks later...

If I use your figures, this works out to over 35k psm, BS, some one is ripping you off big time, or does this include the cost of the land, if for build cost only, you are being taken for a ride.

Hi there sorry, i have been in singapore on holiday for a few weeks,

the price is a estimate, in fact were probably looking at 5k uk per building for blocks and cement and foundations going on what we have been charged currenly,

here is some updated photos :)

as it stands we have 102.7 rai, 2.7 rai land to build on, and 100 rai rubber tree plantation.

all this land was given to us by my wifes mother, and we receive another 100 rai when she gets to 80 :D

we have had it transfered in to the company we registered so i felt safe and i have a 30 yr lease which can be extended.

this is all to make me feel safe more than anything, my wife see how anxious i was.

anyway, i have said 15 million baht to build the lot but this is my budget, what ever is left we intend to put into investments . along with our other investing to see us in to old age and give our children the best chances in life.

564145_10200774418820197_1804875841_n.jp

71471_10200774418500189_1195489043_n.jpg

looking at the plans again seems you have seriously overlooked something ...............there are no bathrooms shown.........

Seems to be the same architect as suvanaphumi airport then.

Ha ha no this is just the general layout the real plans get very detailed and the bathrooms are shown but no point getting them on here as ill need a server ha ha

So in addition to your self-built villa in Trang you're also talking about sinking millions into a developer project?

Unless you're very very wealthy I'd see this as putting too many eggs in the one basket, and advise a more diverse spread investing in other jurisdictions/currencies and asset classes.

Something that actually generates positive net income quickly rather than relying so much on appreciation would also be better from my POV.

Hi there, i already have money invested in other avenues, plus final salary pension blue chip company, so i feel confident investing over here as i am safe as in have money regardless of the way it goes, my family also have many properties in spain, france, and uk which are ultimately my inheritance so regardless of lossing potentially a lot of money i will be ok. not smug but there is no point having money and not investing, i currently do a lot for charity before any one states rich kid %$%% and spend a lot of time at events to raise awareness.

i shall also be completing a run from the bottom of the KL towers to the top to raise money for cataracts in laos so will be asking for sponsors through the charity page soon.

ggold, on 25 Mar 2013 - 12:53, said:

Have you seen all the second hand villas up for sale? This is not the UK, easy to buy but very hard to sell, can take years literally. I nearly bought a property on a new development in Phuket. But changed my mind stopped the payments and walked away. The property is still up for sale, 4 years later!

Hope your rich enough to afford to lose on your investment?

Sorry if that's negative, but IMO better to keep your money In the UK.

yes not very nice, my friend is selling a villa saiyuan 9 .com and he has had that for sale for a few years, 35 million asking price, however im looking at investing and returns via rentals and sales down the line.

rgs2001uk, on 25 Mar 2013 - 15:16, said:

If I use your figures, this works out to over 35k psm, BS, some one is ripping you off big time, or does this include the cost of the land, if for build cost only, you are being taken for a ride.

yes i have replied this was the budget but have since found out it works out to be about 5k uk per room build building blocks before the arty farty and the roof

Edited by williamjay

taninthai, on 25 Mar 2013 - 16:52, said:

Wouldn't be first to be taken for a ride , I was speaking to a ferang yesterday who built a small resort last year she told me she paid 1 million bht to have the well dug to supply water I think she thought it was a reasonable price aswell,she seemed happy enough so I said nothing you can't tell some people.

P.s op houses in Thailand are great to build to live in but for investment well very few make from it would imagine returns would be better and more secure in your home country

No we have the Land already given to us so we are not being taken for a ride also in our company name and further more with a lease to see me well out of my days

PattayaPhom, on 25 Mar 2013 - 16:56, said:

Build cost seems expensive, regardless of how well built or nice a property looks, if its in this range location will count for everything, so unlss you have unobstructed seaviews dont bother, it will just be another pig in a poke, and a very expensive one at that.

yes sea views avaliable but not the reason for spending so much this is to be my retirement home and my apartment sold for double the estimated cost in london so it is a small amount going in to the actual build cost which i have since found out is a lot less than what we first were quoted.

yoshiwara, on 25 Mar 2013 - 17:11, said:

Your wife will be very rich.

My wife is very rich already, thai/chinese middle/upper class, she takes no money of me you can rest assured there. we do things together however her wealth is her land, and rubber tree business.

krisb, on 25 Mar 2013 - 17:41, said:

I can't help you with too much other than filling the position of resort manager of your establishment.

Feel free to pm me to discuss further.

Thanks, Kris.

LOL already have a security guard and cleaner thats all thats required lol

Naam, on 25 Mar 2013 - 17:43, said:

my dogs had a look at the floor plan and they are still rolling on the floor with laughter.

i told them that their behaviour is very unfair and impolite while pouring a big vodka to overcome my horror

confused naam

BlackPuddingBertha, on 25 Mar 2013 - 19:00, said:

Are you really going to have a pool just 50cm from a bedroom exit? This seems hideously dangerous to me. In fact a passageway of just 50cm around a pool seems to be much too small in any case, even if there wasn't a door by it.

pool is to have 1 m either side plans changed on advice of a pool expert in rawai phuket.

taninthai, on 25 Mar 2013 - 19:01, said:

my dogs had a look at the floor plan and they are still rolling on the floor with laughter.

i told them that their behaviour is very unfair and impolite while pouring a big vodka to overcome my horror

Now just from the building plans you can see why most ferang built houses are ridiculously priced 15 million to build that is a joke IMO and that doesn't include what op paid for land ,I hope op is not building this with an idea to sell it later on cause you wouldn't get anywhere near 15 million for it.

this is to be passed down not sold, the 15 million is the budget but the cost is appearing to be a lot less.

land was free :)

I Like Thai, on 25 Mar 2013 - 19:16, said:

Is it not unwise to have the eating area at the opposite end of the house from the Western kitchen ?

Do you need to go out in the back yard in order to go to a bedroom from the main house ? Should be fun in Monsoon season.

Both meters and feet are being used in the plans, this is a big no no. Use one measurement scale only. You might end up with a small house or a very deep pool.

One of the bedrooms is also going to have a flat roof. Trying to repair the leaks should be fun

the bedroom with the flat roof is actually a solic cement base for the second floor bar area.

i like the rain :) no we are designing in a typical courtyard villa and not wanting one house as her mother will reside in one room and we like our privacy.

BookMan, on 25 Mar 2013 - 19:23, said:

Fiesta, Ranger & Jazz are amused at the size of their kennels?

there is enough room there? confused

taninthai, on 25 Mar 2013 - 20:02, said:

To be honest it's looks like something a property developer would bulid I.e cram as much as you can into the smallest space possible,no spare land ,no garden and probably not much of a view.

Don't get me wrong no doubt it will be nice when finished but we are all different and I would prefer to have more land available to stroll around and grow things.

the build area is 420sqm however the property will sit on 2.7 rai with 2 meter walls and landsacaped gardens whilst the villa will also be very secure inside of this area.

fletchsmile, on 25 Mar 2013 - 20:23, said:

Some suggestions:

See how it goes with your property in Trang first. Then leave it a while and see how you feel about investing in property in Thailand. There'll be plenty of other opportunities to invest in Thailand property so no rush.

Seems like you're sold on a dream, , and don't really understand the investment you're making or how you will make money from it - just hoping it will rise and you can sell. Hope is never a good investment strategy. Better to stick to what you know, or learn a lot more what you're doing.

In terms of property Thailand is always building. I'm sure in a few years time it would cost more. Whether you can sell it is an entirely different matter. We're happy with our home we bought about 5 years ago. It would cost more today, and the way the exchange rate went it's nice to have fixed that cost. Now while it would cost more to buy today, again I'm not certain we could sell at that price. There's a continual supply of new condos. So useful for fixing costs, maybe generating some income, but don't bank on capital gains and being able to sell. We bought for "nesting not investing" and for many in Thailand that's a good phrase to remember.

Remember also Thais view a property someone else has owned as "second hand" = not as good as new. In the west there's few qualms about this, a house is either "new" or a "house", no-one mentions second hand.

Fletch

yes i see your point however we have made sime minor investments and are happy with the returns plus the money is not safe in anything that property to a certain degree at the moment,

gold dropping like a stone

stocks volatile

banks being cleared out by the goverments

keeping it in the mattress is of no use either lol

• Like 1

Photos look good. No need to go any further. Looks like many a house up in the NE. Just buy yourself a few chickens and perhaps clear away the building rubble to be replaced by generally more natural rubbish like plastic bottles, empty packets of mama noodles, worn out sandals etc... smile.png

Edited by fletchsmile
  • Like 1

why we would need chickens is beyond me? the rubble is actually going in to the foundations. ive got 10 tonne sitting all over the place lol and i am unsure where NE actually is. this is just the kitchen area being built (court yard kitchen style as shown on op