The Best Thing About Today Was....

puukao

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I think will take me another three years to accumulate enough Rimping points to buy anything even vaguely significant!!!!

oops..off topic. Um... lets see.. Um.. actually i have nothing significant to say except that hopefully due to today's heat, it might rain this evening, and if it does, im gonna be extremely happy.

I opened up a carton of dried Mama Tom Yum Shrimp and found two forks! Oh lucky days...[sung by Whoopie]

If you had any decent sense of responsibility, you would return one of those forks to Mama.

You do realise that someone out there is probably missing out completely on a fork?

• Like 2

The sun went down and it's cooling off finally!!

Yeah sodding hot today eh? My desktop digital thermometer is reading 102.3F/39.1C (6pm ish)- with all doors n windows open and two fans on (aircon has been off for over a year now - might have to start putting it on at this rate)

That sounds WONDERFUL! I've been stuck in Washington DC for the past 2-3 weeks. Unbearably cold and *still* snowing. Extremely uncommon for this area at this time of year. Luckily I leave this frozen tundra in a couple hours. Can wait to get back to Chiang Mai, enjoy a couple cold beers, and spend some time at the pool.

-Mestizo

I opened up a carton of dried Mama Tom Yum Shrimp and found two forks! Oh lucky days...[sung by Whoopie]

If you had any decent sense of responsibility, you would return one of those forks to Mama.

You do realise that someone out there is probably missing out completely on a fork?

Yeah but knowing my luck the next one I open will be the one missing one - so I'll hang on to it for now.

• Like 1

The sun went down and it's cooling off finally!!

Yeah sodding hot today eh? My desktop digital thermometer is reading 102.3F/39.1C (6pm ish)- with all doors n windows open and two fans on (aircon has been off for over a year now - might have to start putting it on at this rate)

That sounds WONDERFUL! I've been stuck in Washington DC for the past 2-3 weeks. Unbearably cold and *still* snowing. Extremely uncommon for this area at this time of year. Luckily I leave this frozen tundra in a couple hours. Can wait to get back to Chiang Mai, enjoy a couple cold beers, and spend some time at the pool.

-Mestizo

Don't forget you gas mask!

Well I went and tried an AEON machine and it would not give me over 40,000 baht in one withdrawal. So I went inside and asked the staff and they said that 40,000 baht was the maximum per withdrawal. So I just went home walked to my bank went inside used the same card and got what i needed in one transaction. Then on over to Rimping where they had my favorite cereal and on the way home stopped in the River Market for a nice iced tea. Got some exercise which is always good.The wife had taken her mother to the Wat today and picked up some delicious soup for diner and tonight is two hours of my favorite TV.

A great day.

Forgot I think the smog was a little less today.

Edited by hellodolly

Last December I underwent a life saving emergency operation at Phuket International hospital. After 2 weeks I was able to transfer to Mission Hospital for post operative care.

Today I went for my monthly check up and the doctor was very happy with my progress.

So was I....and then he made my next appointment ( on a Sunday so that I don't need to take time off work) and proudly announced.... next time we'll put a camera in to make sure everything is OK....

From cheerful and happy to whoops..... that doesn't sound like fun in all on 5 minutes!!!

It is rare to see positive posts here, and after three pages, quite a surprise that nobody's pissed on this parade yet.

All this appreciative positivity, and that delightfully simple banana sandwich, reminds me of a new Year's message I sent to friends and family a few years ago that I now feel compelled to share here:

'Tis the gift to be simple,

'tis the gift to be free,

'tis the gift to come down where you ought to be,

And when we find ourselves in the place just right,

It will be in the valley of love and delight.

by Joseph Brackett, Jr., 1848

Since moving to Chiang Mai, I have had much time to read, to contemplate, to watch our daughters grow, and, always, as a background to all this has been the sound of [Mrs. T] humming, singing and occasionally grunting as she bakes and knits and gardens. And it has dawned on me that I have landed just where I ought to be.

It's been a heart wrenching, gut splattering, circuitous route that could easily have led to ruin, but didn't. And not a day goes by when I'm not thankful for whatever grace deposited me here.

I would not wish that journey on anyone. But the destination, I wish it on all of my friends with all of my heart. Indeed, I wish it on all good people everywhere.

T

One of my favorite things I've ever read on the Internet, let alone this forum.

Thank you.

*The only thing I don't like about is that someone else said it since it couldn't fit me more perfectly (other than the bit about moving to Chiang Mai, literally only one word would need to be changed: "daughters" to "son and daughter").

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

Edited by SteeleJoe

Ok, I have been watching this topic with my mod's eye. I am pleased to see it is rolling along with good posts. So I thought I might join in ...

I left my car for service at our local garage. (I might say the authorized dealer is far away and completely useless). Just a routine oil change, oil filter change, air filter clean, and check all round disc pads, few other items. The good news it that I got the car back today and the bill was very reasonable. The bad news it that I have to take the car back tomorrow due to some funny banging noises in my right front wheel hub. Oh well, just another routine day in Thailand, and jai yin yin and mai pen rai.

Ok, I have been watching this topic with my mod's eye. I am pleased to see it is rolling along with good posts. So I thought I might join in ...

I left my car for service at our local garage. (I might say the authorized dealer is far away and completely useless). Just a routine oil change, oil filter change, air filter clean, and check all round disc pads, few other items. The good news it that I got the car back today and the bill was very reasonable. The bad news it that I have to take the car back tomorrow due to some funny banging noises in my right front wheel hub. Oh well, just another routine day in Thailand, and jai yin yin and mai pen rai.

Ha now we have a human mod. Yes it is a great thread.

• Like 1

Best thing - sorting out some old clothes for the Mae Hon Son Ban Mae Surin refugee camp appeal which im going to hand into Hillside 4, as they (and other places) are sorting out donation deliveries. BUT, as im not allowed to "solicitate" on the forum, all i can suggest is using google to find out where to hand in any old clothes (or donations), if you are so inclined. There are several places!

• Like 1

Best thing - sorting out some old clothes for the Mae Hon Son Ban Mae Surin refugee camp appeal which im going to hand into Hillside 4, as they (and other places) are sorting out donation deliveries. BUT, as im not allowed to "solicitate" on the forum, all i can suggest is using google to find out where to hand in any old clothes (or donations), if you are so inclined. There are several places!

I did give one pair of pants and one pair of shorts to the refugee camp in Mae Hon Son (yesterday). Great idea, maybe before I leave I will have more to give.

Today I learned High consonants and 4 more thai vowels for two hours in class. and then biked to the palace again.

But the best part.........just talking to a few strangers about absolutely nothing for 20 minutes. smiled, and will never see them again.

• Like 1

This evening i finally plucked up the courage to go see Dr.Rat the ENT about my nose problem following the terrible bike accident i had just over a year ago.
Hes a lovely man, seems very informed, and....if is all he seems to be...he will be scheduling me in to fix my nose after Songkran. It will be my THIRD nose surgery to try correct the damage done. Scared as hell, but happy to seemingly be in good hands. (Thanks to personal recommendations on Thaivisa. very grateful )

• Like 1

Today I didn't even have to use my A.K....

I got to say it was a good day.

-Mestizo

It's ironic, I had the brew she had the chronic

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

...the Lakers beat the Supersonics

Despite the smog, a quick adrenalin ride up Doi Suthep ..following a solo lunch out.. for 100 baht (a really big meal with two ice teas).. life is good!

Going up Doi Suthep on a mocyc always destresses me, and has many times been the best thing about my day.

• Like 1

Best thing about today was that i got a 400 baht traffic ticket for a left turn on red. The upside is that:

1. I was wearing my helmet so no additional fine

2. I have a motorbike license so no additional fine

3. It is the first ticket I got since I arrived.

4. I learned that it is illegal to make a left on red light in Thailand. I never knew that before. Older and wiser.

Best thing about today was that i got a 400 baht traffic ticket for a left turn on red. The upside is that:

1. I was wearing my helmet so no additional fine

2. I have a motorbike license so no additional fine

3. It is the first ticket I got since I arrived.

4. I learned that it is illegal to make a left on red light in Thailand. I never knew that before. Older and wiser.

Ohh dont want to go off topic too much but go to rene123's thread here!:http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/615623-i-paid-my-narawat-bridge-police-tax-today/ I bet it was Narawat Bridge, right?! Left turn on red seems to be ok everywhere else. (Although i will stand corrected if wrong). Just the narawat bridge left (and of course any others that are marked..but i dont know of any other place that is ISNT ok to turn left on!).

To get back on topic...today is good because i had an ice coffee down wawee ratchadamnoen way (although its a shocker whats going on with the road works there right now!), and some fairly nice ice candy was to be seen walking by (of the male variety!). Haha.

It only is where marked and/or when it's 'payday'.

I thought it was betweeen Paydays when they were running low on cash.

that being said I don't drive but every time I go some place in a car with a Thai and we know we are going to cross the Narawhat bridge the first thing we do is buckle up. It was funny the first time I was traveling with a friend my wife was in the back seat of the truck and did not need to. As soon as we got a short way past the road stop she unbuckled my seat belt. I wonder if she was hoping?giggle.gif

Now that is a good thing when I am traveling in Canada or the US I don't even think about it I just do it automatically and that is a good thing.