The Best Thing About Today Was....

puukao

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...browsing through "Latest" on my tablet while drinking my nightcap (11pm where I live) and chancing upon this uplifting topic in the Chiang Mai forum. Breaking open a second pint for a toast to the OP.

Sent from my Android tablet

• Like 1

..best thing about to day was is im being dragged out now, at 11:30pm for a friends bday party night on the town. Looks like some fun down a dodgy end of town, then hitting a club. Classsssssy ^^^ biggrin.png

Edit: and i need to add, im running on 3 hours sleep!

Edited by eek

I'm on the airplane Tuesday after a 6-month stint in Chiang Mai. The best part of today is somehow surviving roughly 300 HOURS of cycling and not becoming part of the pavement. Even today, 300 meters from home after a 3-hour death heat ride, the egg-cart man decides to slam on the brakes and I lock-up the rear wheel and do my normal slide from hitting him or other cars.

4 almost death wrecks. 2 on doi-suthep.

3 actual accidents: 1 bouncing off 2 parked cars....lol....1 into a ditch....and 1 after a haircut and just wearing normal shoes.

30 scary moments: 10 screaming moments (one the other motorbike, who went perpendicular in the road for some odd reason without giving me any notice, also screaming...that was fun).

10 flats, 5 times the chain snapped, 2 times the brakes stopped working, and 3 bolts snapped that required me to go to some super nice guy who works with medal.

15,000 baht in parts, upgrades, and misc....

and about 300 moments of pure bliss...............

the "bad" news.......????? I might ride tomorrow and the next day.......

can you say jinx??? honestly, wouldn't matter.....but oh how it would have mattered if a bad accident the first month.

• Like 2

Walked to Airport Plaza today with the kids (from Samoeng basically) - nice walk ( blisters not so nice :) - nor was the several dead snakes, most flattened by cars but one obviously had its head caved in with a stick - it was a non poisonous (to us) Keelback :( ) - but after paying some bills, popped in that new Ete ice cream place (4th floor next to Swensen's) - for a lovely (Cointreau-less unfortunately) crêpes suzette, cheese and spinach Panini and cappuccino Mmmmm!

Got home to a nap, catch up on Touch, Spartacus and Person of Interest :)

• Like 1