Rent Out Large Condo Long-Term To Expat? Agent? Publications?

Penangfreak

Any hints how to approach this? I own a large 110-sqm, 21/2 bedrooms, beautiful condo in very popular Condominium in very central location with all amenities.

I prefer not to rent to short-term tourists, but maybe to an expat-family working in the industries around here. Thanks for any advise where to advertise etc. PF.wai2.gif

"I prefer not to rent to short-term tourists, but maybe to an expat-family working in the industries around here."

A lot of owners would like to do that. Far more than the number of such renters, I suspect. Especially as expat families would probably prefer to be in a house.

Maybe you ought to consider renting to retired expats?

What the hell is a 2 1/2 bedroom condo...either it's a bedroom or it isn't! I can understand a half bathroom but not half a bedroom or half living room or half kitchen or half a balcony.

You could advertise here or on Craig's list or otherinternet sites or use one of the real estate pimps but they are pretty useless. Best is word of mouth and friends of friends.

Post some pics here and a rate and you may get some interest.

Of course you could try here:

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/

I've got a friend who has 5 or so condos here in town. He lets an agent handle everything. Sure, they take a bit, but he's quite happy with their work.

You could also the ad boards at the various markets. Word of mouth is great if you have a large network of friends.

I rented an apartment from an agent when we first came here because we couldn't find what we needed and didn't know the area that well. Worked out great for us.

If you choose to use an agent, read the listing agreement and any form lease that they use carefully.

I have seen one here which had a recurring annual commission when tenants choose to renew at the end of the first year, which means that you would pay a full month's rent every year.

If it exists, insist that it be deleted.

If you choose to use an agent, read the listing agreement and any form lease that they use carefully.

I have seen one here which had a recurring annual commission when tenants choose to renew at the end of the first year, which means that you would pay a full month's rent every year.

Depends on what the agent does for you. My friend has the agent do everything. Collect the money, fix anything that's broken, handle calls at 2am, get new tenants when things go sideways, etc. He's only here part time, so this works great for him. He just makes sure the money hits his bank account every month.

Depends on what the agent does for you. My friend has the agent do everything. Collect the money, fix anything that's broken, handle calls at 2am, get new tenants when things go sideways, etc. He's only here part time, so this works great for him. He just makes sure the money hits his bank account every month.

The one that I saw had no management obligations on the part of the agent, which are the types of activities that you describe, and which certainly deserve compensation.

The one I described was simply an ongoing annual obligation for the landlord to pay the equivalent of one month's rent not only for the initial lease, but also for all renewals.

What the hell is a 2 1/2 bedroom condo...either it's a bedroom or it isn't! I can understand a half bathroom but not half a bedroom or half living room or half kitchen or half a

balcony.

Well I guess a 1/2 bedroom is where if you put a bed in it there is no room left.