Air-Con At Night.

sunholidaysun1

Thats good to know , at least I can sleep peacefully knowing Im not going to be surrounded by dead bodies in the morning.

Well, if you have a really good airtight room, and you keep on recycling the same air, at some point in time you will find dead bodies because of lack of oxygen and a too high CO2 level. tongue.png

• Like 1

I've just installed 3m filter cloth in all air con units in the house, theoretically turning them into air purifiers - probably not the most high quality air purifiers, but at least helping in the air filtration process. You can get the stuff at Big C (and I'm told, Makro) and it's super easy to install in addition to being pretty cheap. just put it over the already existing filter on the air intake section of the air con unit. I've seen folks on other forums swearing by it. We'll see. Anyhow, it's got us using the air con more than I normally would. I'm not one to joke about dead bodies when there is a very real health crisis going on, so I appreciate that you were concerned about your neighbors. Most air con units have some sort of really lame filter on them, so if anything, your neighbors are marginally cleaning their air by using the air con.

Running the air con at night means the windows are closed so the really bad stuff stays outside instead of flowing freely through open windows. The white noise produced helps, along with the closed windows, to block village noises as well.

Cleaning both the inside and outside units will help with efficiency.

The filtering effect and the dehumidifying of the air means, clothes in the closet and bed linens, stay fresher. Some electronics run hot and don’t like a lot of dust so they benefit as well from the cleaner, cooler and drier air.

If ones major concern is cost, however, then a paper mask over your mouth and nose while sleeping may have to do. Anyway, I sleep better with it on and it will take more than running my AC to send me to my maker.wink.png

Edited by villagefarang

Thats good to know , at least I can sleep peacefully knowing Im not going to be surrounded by dead bodies in the morning.

Well, if you have a really good airtight room, and you keep on recycling the same air, at some point in time you will find dead bodies because of lack of oxygen and a too high CO2 level. tongue.png

I think I will open a window , just to be on the safe side . Thanks for the advise biggrin.png

I think I will open a window , just to be on the safe side . Thanks for the advise biggrin.png

Unfounded concern, unless you sleep in a sealed box.

• Like 2

No need to do this as you will be letting in the very same air you were concerned about in your first post. It would take an age and an airtight room to get an unhealthy air mix in the room.

Are they still alive in the mornings ?

At the moment yes, but if that smoke is being inhaled , eventually the lungs will pack up .

I have smoked cigs for 50 yrs and breathed CR smoke for over 20. My lungs are not "packed up". Move to Napal or somewhere if your so worried about it.