Spraying Under The House Via The Pest Control Tubes

Greenside

I just had to treat the sand under a concrete slab on our new build and was going to buy a knapsack sprayer while buying the Solignum Soilguard at Global House. Typically, they were out of the decent quality manual kind and tried to sell me a powered one similar to the picture. I ended up with a couple of watering cans for the relatively small area I was treating but am wondering if this kind of spray unit can be used to treat under the house through the usual 20 or 25mm tubes they routinely install these days. The cost wasn't much more than a manual unit.

Has anyone seen a contractor doing this or had a go themselves?

i-Fmnp7qb-X2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've just got a quote for installing the pipework and 2 years' treatment for 85 baht a m². I'll get some more prices but time is running short to get them installed while access is easy.

Did you go ahead with the 85 bht per sq metre and if so did it work out well? reason being I have to do the same within the next few days and was quoted 80thb and 250 thb

I've just got a quote for installing the pipework and 2 years' treatment for 85 baht a m². I'll get some more prices but time is running short to get them installed while access is easy.

Did you go ahead with the 85 bht per sq metre and if so did it work out well? reason being I have to do the same within the next few days and was quoted 80thb and 250 thb

Well actually what happened was that the guy who did our current house (which is on the same plot) showed up and offered to do it for half the price using the same chemicals. I agreed to this but made it clear that I wanted to see the system tested with water before we bricked in around the concrete floor (which is 1.2m above the soil level). He came and installed but his tests failed because the pump he usually uses was not powerful enough to provide sufficient pressure for the lengths of pipe he'd put in. It's a big area, some 550m² and he's a small operator. I advanced him 5,000 baht to buy a new pump but that wasn't really man enough for the job either - now he says he's got a better one and we're waiting to have the area under the house cleared to do another test.

His basic pipework is OK I think so even if we can't get him back, I have all that in place and will just go buy my own. Five grand to save all that crawling about under the building is a deal as far as I'm concerned!

Well actually what happened was that the guy who did our current house (which is on the same plot) showed up and offered to do it for half the price using the same chemicals. I agreed to this but made it clear that I wanted to see the system tested with water before we bricked in around the concrete floor (which is 1.2m above the soil level). He came and installed but his tests failed because the pump he usually uses was not powerful enough to provide sufficient pressure for the lengths of pipe he'd put in. It's a big area, some 550m² and he's a small operator. I advanced him 5,000 baht to buy a new pump but that wasn't really man enough for the job either - now he says he's got a better one and we're waiting to have the area under the house cleared to do another test.

His basic pipework is OK I think so even if we can't get him back, I have all that in place and will just go buy my own. Five grand to save all that crawling about under the building is a deal as far as I'm concerned!

Do you now know what level of pressure you need?

I am in need of a pump to do the same thing as the guy who was doing ours has disappeared. Do you literally connect a pipe from your container of chemical mix to the pump and another from the pump to the pipes running under the house?

The guy that I hope will be doing ours and did the test with water just had an electric pump which sucked it from a big barrel and connected the output to the pipe that runs under the house. I didn't check the power of the pump (because it didn't work properly) but I can tell you that you need good leak proof couplings to your pipes as you don't want to be squirting termicide all over the place. I'll let you know when I do find the rating because I think I'll end up DIY too.

• 1 month later...

I do not know the HP of this petrol pump, but it is the actual "pump" that PS Services uses from Bangkok when they pump Fipronil into the "sprinkler system" under our home in rural Thailand. Next time they come I'll note what model engine or pump is included in the pesticide pump set up.

post-20604-0-37737900-1375686381_thumb.j

post-20604-0-90917400-1375686429_thumb.j