Quality Massage Phuket Town

osmar

I could write a book on this topic. I would say the best bet overall is the one at Merlin Hotel, across from the Muang District Office.

A sentimental favorite is Fairy Barber on Tilok Uthit 1, near Talaad Kaset (near Robinsons). I've never left that place dissatisfied in some 28 years since I first went there as a tourist. It's cheap and old Chinese lady that runs it should be in the massage parlor Hall of Fame. The decor is a real time warp too. Despite the the name, nothing gay about it and it is open all hours.

If you really don't want to run the risk of any temptation whatsoever, try the one at Phuket Prison. All the massages are given under supervision of prison wardens -- enough said. The price is reasonable and it's clean, but there is definitely a weird vibe about the place.

At the end of the day it is all about the masseuse and not the establishment.

I wish I had more time and financial resources to research this issue further.

I love the answer from phuketsub, specially the odd wipe at the prison :)

Generally speaking. If you find a massage place which have old Thais as customers, you have found an place where the quality and price are both in good balance.

One of possible many place like that http://map.panphuket.com/mappoint/thai-massage

Thai massage 200B/hour 350B/ 2 hours. I haven't visited the place for an few months so I'm not sure if the prices have gone up. Good quality anyway.

Slightly off topic, but then again, maybe not, as the OP did not clarify what type of "massage" he was after.

What's the latest information on a good "soapy massage" anywhere on the island these days.

Katherine in Phuket Town 4 hand massage. About 4000 for 2 women and 2 hours massage last time I was there

Hotel S.B Living Place phuket town has a massage place on the 4th floor......a/c and proper massage tables but unless you ask you may get a matress on the floor, depending what kind of massage you opt for.... i.e Thai or Oil

Hotel S.B Living Place phuket town has a massage place on the 4th floor......a/c and proper massage tables but unless you ask you may get a matress on the floor, depending what kind of massage you opt for.... i.e Thai or Oil

Oil is the only way to go

The only decent place is Katherine massage. its on google

Always made me chuckle when looking at the staff pics and stats, occasionally you'll get one that states "@nal.. depends" depends on what....how much som tam was consumed the night before!! coffee1.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say that even the worst Thai massage is excellent! I have never met such strong people in my life. I would like to know how women who sit around for most of the day, eating often, become so strong? Even if they smash your legs too hard and are not the best, they are all incredible.