Ukba To Be Disbanded

I'm confused is this the same UKBA that Immigration Minister - Mark Harper claimed was continuing to provide a world class service back on the 25th Feb when he justified the increase in fee's

It is going to take 24 years to clear the back log of immigration cases, at least 5 Parliaments. Hell somebody will probably walk on the surface of Mars before the British Government clears the backlog of immigration cases.

How will this affect visa applications currently with the UKBA?

Or will it not?

It will not affect current applicants, the same as it didn't when the UKBA moved from the main Home Office and became an Agency under Lin Homers tenure.

The changes will mainly be in the management structure, accountability and future legislation.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

How will this affect visa applications currently with the UKBA?

Or will it not?

It will not affect current applicants, the same as it didn't when the UKBA moved from the main Home Office and became an Agency under Lin Homers tenure.

The changes will mainly be in the management structure, accountability and future legislation.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

As quoted in the Metro this morning

In a leaked memo to home office staff, permanent secretary Mark Sedwill said when the UKBA is shut down employees will "still be doing the same job in the same place, for the same boss"

The UKBA are unfit for purpose in terms of quality of service (visa processing times etc). The worry is that they are IMO less unfit for purpose than the previous situation where they were part of the Home Office!

At least with the UKBA there has been a clear organisation that can be targeted for complaints!

Unless proper funding together with good management are forthcoming the standards will continue to be poor but failings may be easier to hide within the Home Office!

The IND ( immigration & nationality dept.) which had responsibility for most of the postwar period was starved of resources at a time when it came under attack from the bogus asylum phenomenon in the mid eighties onwards. The explosion in air travel and the free movement of folk hitherto bound to their poverty in their own countries simply added to the burdens exacerbated by the fall of the Berlin Wall. Resources were finally poured into the organisation in 2000 onwards but by that time it was simply too late. The signing up to the EHRC was the nail in the coffin of removals and the expansion of EU Accession states incorporating the worst of Europe where per capita income was equivalent to any third world country ultimately made any previous legislation utterly redundant.

The changes since then, the Border & Immigration Agency, the UK Border Agency, the Border Force and now the..........whatever it will be called is simply bad government organising deck chairs on the Titanic. Unfortunately, it has coincided with a government now which in an attempt to curry favour with the gormless British public has reduced the effectiveness of the organisation by cutting expenditure to the point of imbecility.

Tories really are as incompetent as Labour. It's a mess but one that was, is and will be because of piss poor politicians.

Edited by Seekingasylum
  • Like 2

The previous government introduced the exorbitantly high visa and leave to remain fees (way above cost in most cases) so that the UKBA could be self financing; but then decided that most of that money wont stay with the UKBA, it goes into the general exchequer.

The previous government also re branded the IND as the UKBA. This had absolutely no effect on the organization's efficiency.

I wonder how much all the new signs, stationary, web pages etc. cost then, and how much it will cost this time!

As for the UKBA staff at the sharp end, I am reminded of the comment about the British army attributed to the German High Command during the First World War; lions led by donkeys.

BTW, Kevin, the massive backlog is, I understand, in processing asylum cases, not visa and LTR ones.

I don't want to comment on the rights and wrongs of the case; except to say that it has nothing to do with the UKBA!

The government and Home Office want to deport him, it is the High Court who has said they can't. I expect the government to appeal.

But it has nothing to do with this topic.

I don't want to comment on the rights and wrongs of the case; except to say that it has nothing to do with the UKBA!

Fair enough

‘If we had made clear that we rejected Strasbourg’s ruling – and meddling – on principle at the outset, the UK Border Agency could have deported Qatada without the UK courts stopping them.’

• Like 1

Last year, Mrs May announced that the UK Border Force - responsible for

day-to-day operations - would stop being part of the agency and become a

separate law-enforcement body.

Management tactics: we first create a dummy body and see how this goes, before we unleash the real beast.

UK Border Agency to be abolished, Theresa May announces

May says agency will be split in two with separate immigration and law enforcement services under direct control of ministers

Theresa-May--010.jpg

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/mar/26/uk-border-agency-broken-up

Edited by Morakot

• 2 months later...

I'm confused is this the same UKBA that Immigration Minister - Mark Harper claimed was continuing to provide a world class service back on the 25th Feb when he justified the increase in fee's

And is it the same Mark Harper MP who has fallen of a table while dancing in a London, Soho bar and broken his foot? clap2.gifcheesy.gifgiggle.gif

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-23036325

• Like 1

And is it the same Mark Harper MP who has fallen of a table while dancing in a London, Soho bar and broken his foot? clap2.gifcheesy.gifgiggle.gif

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-23036325

well spotted Basil B