The Acorn Family Pub Restaurant Opening Soon

seadoo

The new owners of The Acorn tell me that they should be ready to open for business around the first week of April.

The Acorn is the old Shennanigans at The Avenue.

Back bar has been completely ripped out, a lot of rewirkung inside including the pool table as soon as you walk in the door.

I went to a test run Party in there last Saturday night with a private staff party with about 200 guests went off like a treat.

Looking forward to enjoying many nights in the refurb pub.

Edited by seadoo

In what way is this a 'family pub'? Soft play area? Swings? Roundabouts?

Always looking for somewhere to take the grandkids.

Yes to all the above the back bar area is being fitted out with 2 x 5m by 5m play structures plus special flooring and more.

Yes to all the above the back bar area is being fitted out with 2 x 5m by 5m play structures plus special flooring and more.

Thanks for the warning...I'll be sure to steer well clear of this place!

• Like 1

Hardly need to steer clear, stuck out in the Avenue it's easy enough to pass by without even noticing!

I'm with OMG -- if I were a pub going guy these days (not much).

But the refurb does say something about the changing face of tourism in Pattaya. Here's a big well funded restaurant/bar operations company that is building a family friendly place. I have a feeling Acorn has been salivating to get in on the market subsegment, with plans already on paper. They wouldn't have done the expensive development if they hadn't thought it would be a very profitable future.

Not my scene either but it sounds great for people with children and something that is needed IMHO.

Not my scene either but it sounds great for people with children and something that is needed IMHO.

But surely since the majority of posters on TV think Pattaya is no place for children then this business venture is doomed to failure? tongue.png

• Like 1

It certainly does seem like quite blatant advertising. I am going to give the OP the benefit of the doubt considering his long posting history, that he is really just a satisfied customer of a place that isn't even open yet.

Feel free to offer reviews once it is.

//CLOSED//

• Like 1