Don't Underestimate The Charm Factor: Thai Opinion

webfact

That is kind of like comparing Sarah Palin to Hillary Clinton for Presidential candidates in the U.S. Sarah is the bumbling, air head beauty with no clue of how to run her family household let alone the country and there is Hillary, no beauty but plenty of experience, wisdom, and proven performance to lead the country.

only in Thailand would someone judge who makes the better pm by the fact you would like to get her in the sack, both are as bad as each other, one looks ok and has no brain, the other has a twisted brain and makes a pig look good.

• Like 1

That is kind of like comparing Sarah Palin to Hillary Clinton for Presidential candidates in the U.S. Sarah is the bumbling, air head beauty with no clue of how to run her family household let alone the country and there is Hillary, no beauty but plenty of experience, wisdom, and proven performance to lead the country.

I think you are being extremely generous to both Yingluck and Yaowapha.

• Like 2

How on earth can the comments here be published let alone taken seriously?

What someone looks like has nothing to do with ability-this fantasy about sleeping with leaders who happen to be women reflects poorly on those inane,sexist and utterly brain dead posters posing questionable humouresque dribble-go back to the bar and drink yourself back into hero status you numbskulls

Totally agree, well said!

Also agree. If one agrees or not with her policies and the way the government is run it is sinking mightly low to post garbage like this.

However logical your opinions are it's a psychological fact that looks can make a difference to how we view people. You have to remember that Yingluck had no political experience when she became PM and seems to avoid politics as much as she can. Her looks help her a lot. That's not the only thing going for her of course, she's managed to avoid being associated too much with anything negative by basically not being involved. It's a pretty shrewd move actually.

How on earth can the comments here be published let alone taken seriously?

What someone looks like has nothing to do with ability-this fantasy about sleeping with leaders who happen to be women reflects poorly on those inane,sexist and utterly brain dead posters posing questionable humouresque dribble-go back to the bar and drink yourself back into hero status you numbskulls

Totally agree, well said!

Also agree. If one agrees or not with her policies and the way the government is run it is sinking mightly low to post garbage like this.

However logical your opinions are it's a psychological fact that looks can make a difference to how we view people. You have to remember that Yingluck had no political experience when she became PM and seems to avoid politics as much as she can. Her looks help her a lot. That's not the only thing going for her of course, she's managed to avoid being associated too much with anything negative by basically not being involved. It's a pretty shrewd move actually.

Although I'm not sure she knows any other way. smile.png

• Like 1

YIngluck has just visited PNG (where I live with the Thai missus) and all the talk at the yacht club on Monday night was about what a honey she is. She certainly attracts attention.

But other than her looks can you tell me anything significant about her visit?

And that is the point - looks good, but that's all people remember about her.

Which is actually quite insulting and shallow when you think about it, that you are only remembered for your smile as opposed to your ability to do the job. Yet this is the card our venerable PM consistently plays.

I don't really take politics seriously. Being an Aussie I'd be pretty bloody depressed right now if I did. Australian politics at the moment makes Thai politics look like a picture of rational stability.

Yingluck inspires more respect from me than Julia Gillard. And to be shallow and insulting, as a bonus she is also much better looking ...

To each there own. As long as it is head shots only she is good looking.

IMHO the PT Party is a Pig. PM Yingluck is Lipstick on a pig. She gives the Party a pretty face. Bring on Yaowapa so Thai people can see the True Face of the PT Party. Too many men, Thai and otherwise, will let a Pretty woman get away with so much more than a not-so-pretty one. It's sexist but it won't go away. Ms. Yaowapa doesn't need beauty as she has competence. If you are a supporter of Dr. Thaksin's return, you will want Yaowapa to lead because she will really try. I think Ms. Yingluck has been half-as*ed in her efforts to get her brother amnesty.