Foreigner Falls From 6Th And Later Dies At Central Festival Pattaya Beach

Rimmer

Why come all the way to Thailand to jump off a balcony?Do the hotel have cameras that show any one in the corridor or entering his room about this time......even hotel staff. It is a sad story.

This is some sort of record for Thai Visa. It must be at least 10 posts before someone speculates that the poor soul must have been "pushed."

Agree.Most of the balcony jumpers either commits suicide or falls due to accident.The wild speculations among us farangs that many people are being pushed of the balconies are just baloney !!!

It`strange that the GF,hotel maid,security guys,receptionist etc.are ALWAYS successfull when it comes to trow a farang of balconies(after locking themselves in with the masterkey),never heard about a farang that survived this attempt and reported it to the police coffee1.gif ...........

I

Howwever, why come to Thailand just to commit suicide - much easier at home...

This situation has really gotten out of hand. The Thai government really needs to take some harsh action against these people committing suicide, especially where the mode is jumping from a high place and the walking public is put at serious risk -- stiff fines (in excess of B15,000 per attempt, with an added fine of B5,000 if it was a "public" building (as opposed to a condominium or apartment building) and B1000 for each floor above 10), immediate deportation and blacklisting to prevent return to Thailand. And if you jump without your passport and a note in your possession, the fines are doubled. That should help to put an "end" to these acts. Of course, jumpers above 70 or terminally ill (or whose ex-bargirl g/f has left them within the last 24 hours) would be exempt.

Damn, one more again. Pattaya seem to be really THE place for this extreme. All those people really gather to the same place or it's just the place which make you do it. Phuket/Bangkok seem to cause less this kind of behaviour.

And how about other places...maybe like Philippines...people jump? Shoot themselves? At least they should have there big group of farang, 1-2-3 men etc. who most likely are not different than guys who find their way to Thailand? At least I have not seen too many news about problems, but could be wrong, just not published aso.

Or it's just not having this kind of "bad air" around?

Don't know if the last 2 posts were in response to me but the fact that he lost his passport (or said he did) doesn't mean that that is the reason he killed himself or was even a contributing factor (despite the reported assumptions that it MAY have be A factor).

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

The fact that he didn't die instantly is the most horrible part of the story. People so inclined are better off starting HIGHER.

I find it amazing that he didn't die instantly if he jumped from the sixth floor. If you look down from the sixth at Central, it is an awfully long way to the bottom.