Powerhouse Gym

binjalin

For morning gym from 6.00 h until 15.00 h its 9.500 b a year. evening is more expensive and more crowdy. We came as a small group and negotiate an other 1.000 baht off. But I recon anyone can get this. Don't know monthly.

• Like 1

For morning gym from 6.00 h until 15.00 h its 9.500 b a year. evening is more expensive and more crowdy. We came as a small group and negotiate an other 1.000 baht off. But I recon anyone can get this. Don't know monthly.

Is the equipment kept in good condition or is it as the name suggests more for lifting.

Also is the staff knowledgeable and helpful?

The equipment is in good condition and the staff are pretty knowledgeable IMO. It's a great atmosphere and probably the best gym in town currently, especially since CA WOW has closed.....though that was for a different market anyway.

The equipment is not new and not very extensive but in good shape and when a device fails it usualy is repaired the same day.
A staff member told there will be some new equipment soon. The staff is very friendly, have a good knowledge from fittness and are willing to give support. Because they also get paid for accompaniment they try to persuade you to get a paid support. I think that's quite usual. Prices look ok to me, it varies because there are actions now and then.

Current price for a year's membership at the Centara Hotel (ex. Duangtawan) fitness center, on the fourth floor, is 10k baht.

With that you get (in the men's dressing-out area, and, I assume similar facilities in the women's dressing-out area): usually one of the two saunas is red-hot; lukewarm jacuzzi; usually quite hot steam-room.

There's a large swimming pool, but its "L" shape, imho, is not ideal for lap swimming; wide range of free-weights, and cam-exercise machines, treadmills, ellipticals, etc. Equipment usually well-maintained. Air-conditioned. Open 6am~10pm. every day of the year. Pool closes 9pm.

Can be very crowded from 4pm to 8pm., and difficult to do any consistent effort lap swimming when the pool's crowded in the daytime with hotel guests and their children.

Ideal at 6am for this body ... if I can get it there ... and often the crowd's gone after 8:30PM.

happy fitness, ~o:37;

• Like 1

Current price for a year's membership at the Centara Hotel (ex. Duangtawan) fitness center, on the fourth floor, is 10k baht.

With that you get (in the men's dressing-out area, and, I assume similar facilities in the women's dressing-out area): usually one of the two saunas is red-hot; lukewarm jacuzzi; usually quite hot steam-room.

There's a large swimming pool, but its "L" shape, imho, is not ideal for lap swimming; wide range of free-weights, and cam-exercise machines, treadmills, ellipticals, etc. Equipment usually well-maintained. Air-conditioned. Open 6am~10pm. every day of the year. Pool closes 9pm.

Can be very crowded from 4pm to 8pm., and difficult to do any consistent effort lap swimming when the pool's crowded in the daytime with hotel guests and their children.

Ideal at 6am for this body ... if I can get it there ... and often the crowd's gone after 8:30PM.

I belonged to them for two years and the equipment was very poorly kept up and the staff was interested in the good looking women. When I say equipment I am talking about the electronic machines not the weight ones.

Yes they did seem to have a fair amount of weights. I liked the pool but as you say it might be a bit disconcerting for laps.

I see they have not improved the jacuzzi. Well maybe a little as when I was going there it was closed a lot.

They did supply you with two towels then which was a nice touch.

Is the equipment kept in good condition or is it as the name suggests more for lifting.

Also is the staff knowledgeable and helpful?

They maintain their machines well and they replace the broken ones, the staffs are very good.

Edited by ARISTIDE

yes but I'm not interested in there only Powerhouse thanks

Tried to locate them. the map made no sense unless you know all the streets in Chiang Mai. Tried the e mail function on the map no good.

I wish all these maps would give the position of where they are in relationship to the old city. It would be a very easy recognizable starting point.

Went to the web site it looked good but their e mail was useless. I would hope they keep their equipment up better than that. On the other hand maybe they are so successful they don't need new clients.

With negotiating you can get 1 year at powerhouse for 10.000 baht (and you can go at any time of day). Not a terrible deal considering they charge something ridiculous for month to month memberships. The older lady there usually is in charge of the negotiating. Flirt with her and give her a tip under the table and youre good to go.

• Like 1

With negotiating you can get 1 year at powerhouse for 10.000 baht (and you can go at any time of day). Not a terrible deal considering they charge something ridiculous for month to month memberships. The older lady there usually is in charge of the negotiating. Flirt with her and give her a tip under the table and youre good to go.

thanks

If you know where Nimmanhaemin Road is, find soi 6, notice Bangkok bank in the front. Enter the soi 6 you will find Punna residence condo and wawee coffee. Power house is in Punna place area

Tried to locate them. the map made no sense unless you know all the streets in Chiang Mai. Tried the e mail function on the map no good.

I wish all these maps would give the position of where they are in relationship to the old city. It would be a very easy recognizable starting point.

Went to the web site it looked good but their e mail was useless. I would hope they keep their equipment up better than that. On the other hand maybe they are so successful they don't need new clients.

If you know where Nimmanhaemin Road is, find soi 6, notice Bangkok bank in the front. Enter the soi 6 you will find Punna residence condo and wawee coffee. Power house is in Punna place area

Thank you. I know the area. Should be easy to find.