Options For A 600Cc 4-Cylinder Here

I would love to hear from people on their opinion of what 600cc 4-Cylin they would go for?

I've had lots of different bikes over my years here, started out on a CBR150, up to a Hornet CB250 (I have two of these, they're my favourite bike) then a CB400 V-Tec Spec III and for a short period I had a ER-6F.

I'm thinking of buying a 600, but have no idea what to go for. My dream bike would be a 2007+ Honda Hornet 600 - but there is little/no chance of finding one here with green book.

Browsing online I see there are quite a few CBR600RR's about. I'm quite tempted to go for one, however I really prefer naked bikes. The GSR-600 looks nice, also the FZ6-N.

Does anyone have any suggestions/thoughts?

Cheers.

you want one of these

post-105817-0-74694600-1364462813_thumb.

but you will never find one ,only 50 made in the jordan f1 colours this is number 17 of 50

i would take any of the big four 600cc here there was a nice gsxr for sale a couple of weeks ago around 275 k not a bad deal i thought

That's a nice hornet. However, I really like the 2007 year on version with the modern look. They look great.

I would love a gsx-r. The question is, can these high end sports bikes be driving slowly? how twitchy are they?

Not twitchy at all. They come to life around 7k rpm. Under that they are very manageable in slow, heavy traffic. Only thing I don't like is the turning circle isn't very tight which can make it tricky getting in between the front and back of 2 stationary cars. Go for it, I haven't regretting buying mine for a second.

JohnyF - that sounds good. I had some fear that blipping the throttle would result in me hanging on for life whilst pulling a power-wheelie down the street and that slightly touching the brake's would result in me going over the handle bars.

What year bike do you have? Have you driven the Ninja 650R? If so, how do you compare the bikes? I hated my Ninja, it sounded awful and I didn't like the roughness of the twin at low revs, felt like it was going to stall in slow traffic.

JohnyF - that sounds good. I had some fear that blipping the throttle would result in me hanging on for life whilst pulling a power-wheelie down the street and that slightly touching the brake's would result in me going over the handle bars.

What year bike do you have? Have you driven the Ninja 650R? If so, how do you compare the bikes? I hated my Ninja, it sounded awful and I didn't like the roughness of the twin at low revs, felt like it was going to stall in slow traffic.

Mine is a 2005 GSXR600. I've ridden the ER6n and I thought it was OK but you can't really compare the bikes in terms of performance or quality to be honest. The gsxr is obviously much quicker and handles better, totally planted in corners. It's also much smoother and sounds awesome (I've got a GPR pipe on it). I think the er6 range is pretty good but it's not really fair to compare it to a 600cc inline 4.

I'll probably upgrade mine in the next year or two just because I've owned it almost 3 years already but I've had no trouble with it at all. To be honest I was expecting a bit of hassle from owning it (repairs, servicing etc) but I accepted that and decided I was prepared to make the sacrifice. In reality it's been bullet proof and as easy to own as my Ninja 250.

It was a private sale from an Aussie in Chiang Mai.

I've used 59Bike, K.Boy at Chicane and Eak at Eak Moto for the servicing. All within 20 minutes of my place. Just oil, filters, brake pads until a couple of months ago when K.Boy checked the compression, valve clearances etc. but it was all within spec. If you live in Bangkok there's plenty of places to get it serviced, RedBaron can do it as well but I believe there's a joining fee unless you buy from them so I haven't bothered with them but I might get my next bike from them which would make things even easier.

• 2 weeks later...

this Yamaha 600 Fazer was for sale in classifieds a few months back.they are a great bike with similar power to the race look version but with all the comfort...dont know if it was an import but my local Yamaha shop has the 1000cc version in the window

post-92214-0-88479100-1365617463_thumb.j