Non Immigrant B Can I Get 90 Day Extension?

Hi

I am a teacher here in Phitsanulok on a Type B Non immigration Visa. I am changing schools within the City, been to immigration and have most of the paperwork and they say no problem get the last piece of paper and they will give a further extension. Due to the director being away they have not been able to give me the offer of employment letter. Tomorrow is the last day for me if I don't get the letter then, my visa expires on the 31st March.

My question is this, option 1 if I go to Penang for example with a re-entry permit, will I get a 90 day extension on re-entry on say 4th of April?

Option 2, go to Mae Sot on Saturday 30th, cross with re-entry permit and come back in on same day, do I get a 90 day extension?

Thanks for any replies.

Chris

Edited by aitch52

No to both - re-entry would be until 31st - it never adds any time to current stay. If you have visa exempt ability of 15 days you can get that at border/return and perhaps have enough time to get full paperwork available for a new visa run for a new non immigrant B visa. Hope you can get letter tomorrow. Being a weekend you should be able to apply on Monday the 1st of April and immigration might even allow a few days overstay if paid.

Believe you are thinking of a multi entry visa where you can return on the last day and get a new 90 day stay.  An extension of stay only allows stay until the stamp permitted to stay date and a re-entry permit never changes that date.

You are on an extension of stay rather than 90 day visa entry right? You said re-entry but perhaps you just mean return? If a multi entry visa and still valid any new entry gets a new 90 day stay. But you said further extension so still believe that is what you have.

• Like 1

Yes on an extension of stay, it is a Type B single entry Visa dated 26 June 2007. Thanks for your time and sound advice. If I don't get the letter tomorrow I'll have to an exit and return and hopefully the letter will be forth coming shortly. Cheers.

• 5 months later...

I am curious to know the outcome for the OP, as my circumstances are similar. Myself, I have a multiple-entry non-immigrant B visa, which was previously renewed for another year where I only had to do 90-day reporting rather than exit/reenter the Kingdom every 90 days. My visa expires October 12 but I have problems with submitting all the paperwork in enough time. I have read previous older threads from 2011 about how I could just exit and reenter the Kingdom around October 10 and automatically get another 90 days. (I understand the extended period is counted from the date you actually exit/reenter, NOT added onto the visa expiry date.) Is this information still valid or has it changed? Has anyone in similar circumstances recently exited and reentered Thailand just before visa expiry and obtained a 90-day extension? Let me know so I can book my airfare now. smile.png

Visas are not re-newed - your stay is extended - your extension does not allow travel without a re-entry permit and end on the date indicated. There is no option to obtain a new 90 day entry until you actually have a valid multi entry visa from a Consulate that has not passed the use before date on that actual visa sticker/stamp from Consulate.

You no longer have a visa. You have an extension of stay with a re-entry permit.

You cannot leave and re-enter and again any time.

If you cannot get extension done by Oct, 12 your best option would be to leave and get a single entry B visa showing work permit and required documents.