Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide (30+%) In Chiang Mai

BuffaloRescue

you can search TV with google and there have been past threads that list companies and ph. numbers in BKK

I think pretty much you have to order it from BKK chemical houses or there is a pharmacy supply place on Suthep road who will order from BKK.

It is small shop near to the neurological hospital on the south side of street with a lot of glass beakers in the window.

Last year I bought a 30-liter jug of 35% "food grade" H2O2 from a chemical shop on Mahidol Rd. It was just over 1,000 baht. The first thing written on the jug was do not swallow. I asked for the certificate but it didn't illuminate the situation. I eventually sold it to a neighbor who is more trusting than me. Union Science told me they can't get food grade. A good friend of mine asked two different Thai chemist friends to inquire for him and they both told him that 35% food grade H2O2 is not available in Thai (probably not made here and too dangerous to transport?). It's great for the plants, though.

It dismutates it sun light (or any light) - and may be the cause of the after taste. 6% is Beautician Grade and used for hair bleaching, so probably not great to drink (contains stabilizers etc)! Food grade is 35% (30% is Reagent/Chemist grade and 30-34 is used in electronics manufacturing - both of these will likely contain stabilizers that may not be good to eat) - of course you know that drinking it at 35% will do a lot of damage (I.e. kill you!) and must be watered down to under 4%(certainly under 10 to be safe) - with non chlorinated water (distilled water is usual - or milk or fruit juice).

You could try Solvay - http://www.solvaychemicals.com - they could give you stockists or maybe online/telephone sales.

Edited by wolf5370

agree.

I bought a 'drum' of 50% peroxide there. sorry, forget how much. it's not labeled as food grade but it works great.

strangely, it's sold by the kilo. considering it's a liquid, that took me back a bit. and it was hilarious bringing it home on the bike.

you can search TV with google and there have been past threads that list companies and ph. numbers in BKK

I think pretty much you have to order it from BKK chemical houses or there is a pharmacy supply place on Suthep road who will order from BKK.

It is small shop near to the neurological hospital on the south side of street with a lot of glass beakers in the window.

i-dBnFtrD-M.jpg

i-F6TjRm7-M.jpg

This is SK Trading, the chemical supply shop just a couple of doors away from a 7-11 (although isn't everything?) on Suthep Road - see my map. The owner is a jolly nice chap called Mr Kassem and he speaks almost perfect English. A good source for less-than-industrial quantities of things like Silica Gel, Borax and other of Life's Little Luxuries. He probably knows where to get almost anything.

Edited by Greenside

If you are buying the 30% food grade for consumption that doesn't mean it can actually be consumed, just that it doesn't have added chemicals To consume safely it needs to be greatly diluted to a safe ratio or just like gulping battery acid. If for other reasons then it doesn't matter.

i-dBnFtrD-M.jpg

i-F6TjRm7-M.jpg

This is SK Trading, the chemical supply shop just a couple of doors away from a 7-11 (although isn't everything?) on Suthep Road - see my map. The owner is a jolly nice chap called Mr Kassem and he speaks almost perfect English. A good source for less-than-industrial quantities of things like Silica Gel, Borax and other of Life's Little Luxuries. He probably knows where to get almost anything.

Thats awesome, was looking for boron also. Will go there on monday thanks VERY much. Ps how much does the h2o2 cost from there?

Don't be surprised that peroxide - particularly of the percent strength OP is seeking - ends up being a restricted item in Thailand. Such restrictions are being pursued elsewhere already and some may already be in place. Hydrogen Peroxide - high or low strength - is used in making explosives - as in 'terrorist bombs'

... http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2009-09-25/news/36911235_1_najibullah-zazi-law-enforcement-investigators

Thats awesome, was looking for boron also. Will go there on monday thanks VERY much. Ps how much does the h2o2 cost from there?

That's him... Really great guy and if he doesn't know something instead of making it up he goes right for the reference manuals.

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie

Update: Purchased (non food grade) 50% h2o2 for 80 baht for 500ml from the above mentioned shop on suthep road.

Food grade is availabe as import, it was 2,500 for 2 litres, very expensive.

The guy was very friendly, i probably paid farang price - but got what i needed anyway.

Do you have to dilute it. Seems to me some one was talking about 6% having to be diluted?

Diluted for what? If you want to take it internally yes it must be diluted a LOT.

Yes a lot - at 10% it can cause burning, but also brain haemorrhage! It should really be less than 3.5% for consumption (most people dilute to nearer 1%).

Don't be surprised that peroxide - particularly of the percent strength OP is seeking - ends up being a restricted item in Thailand. Such restrictions are being pursued elsewhere already and some may already be in place. Hydrogen Peroxide - high or low strength - is used in making explosives - as in 'terrorist bombs'

... http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2009-09-25/news/36911235_1_najibullah-zazi-law-enforcement-investigators

90% is rocket fuel - I would suggest high ratio, being volatile and easily explosive, would be restricted - lower, food grade and below, are fairly common items world-wide. There is a good old high-school experiment where high ratio (electronics grade and above I guess) is mixed with zinc nails (better with Hydrochloric acid, but still) and corked with a pipe into washing up liquid/detergent - it makes masses of bubbles that are explosive (can blow them up with a lighter/lit splint) :D

Just out of interest, do you actually consume H2O2? I have used it extensively in hydro systems to oxygenate water, and as a cleaning agent on seed trays and cuttings trays that disperses with little residue.

But internal consumption?

Very corrosive stuff, or is food grade just a marker for purity rather than fit for consumption?

cheers,

PP

Do you have to dilute it. Seems to me some one was talking about 6% having to be diluted?

Diluted for what? If you want to take it internally yes it must be diluted a LOT.

Yes a lot - at 10% it can cause burning, but also brain haemorrhage! It should really be less than 3.5% for consumption (most people dilute to nearer 1%).

>>>>>>Don't be surprised that peroxide - particularly of the percent strength OP is seeking - ends up being a restricted item in Thailand. Such restrictions are being pursued elsewhere already and some may already be in place. Hydrogen Peroxide - high or low strength - is used in making explosives - as in 'terrorist bombs'

90% is rocket fuel - I would suggest high ratio, being volatile and easily explosive, would be restricted - lower, food grade and below, are fairly common items world-wide. There is a good old high-school experiment where high ratio (electronics grade and above I guess) is mixed with zinc nails (better with Hydrochloric acid, but still) and corked with a pipe into washing up liquid/detergent - it makes masses of bubbles that are explosive (can blow them up with a lighter/lit splint) biggrin.png

Less than that.. its like one drop in a cup of water.

Ozonated water is much safer for drinking i understand

Im not consuming it i use it for cleaning my body and as mouthwash (diluted of course). Suffer from smelly feet and cant ever seem to get rid of the problem? Clean your feet with h2o2 regularly its far better than any anti-fungal creams IMHO. It does sting a bit. Of course you have to dilute it.. i use about 6% for that and about 2% for mouthwash (never swallow!) I beleive its a good alternative to fluoride toothpaste for fighting rot/cavities. I dont want fluoride on/in my body.

Im not a dentist or doctor of course.

Edited by BuffaloRescue

Im not consuming it i use it for cleaning my body and as mouthwash (diluted of course). Suffer from smelly feet and cant ever seem to get rid of the problem? Clean your feet with h2o2 regularly its far better than any anti-fungal creams IMHO. It does sting a bit. Of course you have to dilute it.. i use about 6% for that and about 2% for mouthwash (never swallow!) I beleive its a good alternative to fluoride toothpaste for fighting rot/cavities. I dont want fluoride on/in my body.

Im not a dentist or doctor of course.

Old time cure for foot rot/athletes foot is peeing in a bucket and putting your feet in it for a few minutes a day (peeing on your feet if you're a good shot :)) - guess its similar, chlorine and uric acid killing off the bacteria. Wouldn't wanna brush my teeth with it though :D