Thai Police Arrest German-Thai Couple For Opening Illegal School

webfact

Cops Nab German-Thai Couple Opening Illegal School

pdn263.jpg

Police arrested a 45-year-old German man and his Thai wife for opening a German language school without a permit. Concerned parents notified the police after discovering the school was illegal. Police also found that the German has pending arrest warrants from his native country

PATTAYA – March 29, 2013 [PDN]; At 12:20 a.m., a married couple was arrested for opening an illegal language school by Pol. Lt. Col. Phassakorn Phaijit, Deputy Superintendent, acting to assist the work of the Center of Protecting Children, Teenagers and Women, section 2; together with Pol. Lt. Col. Omsin Sukkarnkha, investigation officer; and Pol. Lt. Col. Kamol Thaweesri, Inspector.

The suspects were identified as Mr. Ralph Vias, age 45, nationality Germany; and Mrs. Phayao Vias, age 39. The couple are the owners of the German International School, address 8/109-134 Soi Nong Hin, Moo 9 Tambon Nong Preu, Amphur Banglamung, Chonburi province.

Police had been notified by more than 10 parents that the school did not have a work permission card, and made false advertising claims.

One of the complaining parents, Mrs. Siriyaboon Songsaeng, age 34, said that she and her foreign husband had sent her son, age 3 years old, to study in the kindergarten level. The school claimed that if students progressed and graduated from secondary school grade 6 at their language school, they will be able to continue studying in German.

Full story: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/03/29/cops-nab-german-thai-couple-opening-illegal-school/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2013-03-29

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

a German TV Show did report about this school .. not so long ago.

telling the public that they freely operating ...

looks like the Thai Govt. did not like that very much.

good work.

• Like 1

the forum rules forbid to post links to other forums, but a short internet search brought me to a German forum where the TV reports can be watched.

From the TV reports it becomes very clear that Ralf Wirz and his wife are criminals, and they also scammed people here in Thailand, doing things like fake house sales to Germans who lost thier life savings in the deal.

I hope Thailand will have him first go through the Thai judicial system and prison before sending him to Germany for the rest of his deeds.

Love to see this one unfold. Enjoy the stay in Tailand. Pity about his wife as the guy is obviously the criminal by past record. Hope she does not get nailed as an accomplice as you can bet she was not that smart about his scams.

AFAIK the wife is jointly charged in Germany with premeditated criminal assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

"vorsätzliche Körperverletzung"

Edited by manarak

Journalism at its finest.

1. His name is Ralf Wirz, not Vios. Reading abilities would help.

2. There is no such thing as a "work permission card" for a school.

Definitely this school had all permits.

How do you get "cheated" when a teacher has no work permit?

3. "One of the complaining parents, Mrs. Siriyaboon Songsaeng, age 34, said

that she and her foreign husband had sent her son, age 3 years old, to

study in the kindergarten level. The school claimed that if students

progressed and graduated from secondary school grade 6 at their language

school, they will be able to continue studying in German".

This is partly correct, a school needs to be in operation for 5 years, then it can ask to be recognized as an international school.

Why would these silly parents now loose their money, AND, in 5 years, the chance to send their kid to Germany?

4. Both Owners are wanted on 40 charges in Germany, correct.

Does this make the school "Bad"? Has anybody checked on the teachers? Would be much more important.

To panic now that it became clear what might be wrong with the "director" doesn't help any parents or kids.

I was planning to send my daughter there and followed up this story...wub.png

Does the fact the joint-owners of an illegal school in Thailand are up on 40 charges in Germany make the school bad? Err ... yes it does. You won't have to worry about your decision to send your daughter there or not. The "school" won't be there.

• Like 1

The original article do not provide any proof to the claim that there were outstanding arrests in his hime country, it looks like the police for once followed procedure and informed the German embassy of the arrest of a citizen something that seldom happens (See the disappeared Swiss tourist).

The premises of the school look much better than most Thai owned international schools, so it is probably just the competition that paid the police to close it down. On top of that anyone with enough money can send his or her children to Europe or Germany, being able to communicate fluently in German helps greatly, there is nothing conning about that claim.

• Like 2

Journalism at its finest.

1. His name is Ralf Wirz, not Vios. Reading abilities would help.

2. There is no such thing as a "work permission card" for a school.

Definitely this school had all permits.

How do you get "cheated" when a teacher has no work permit?

3. "One of the complaining parents, Mrs. Siriyaboon Songsaeng, age 34, said

that she and her foreign husband had sent her son, age 3 years old, to

study in the kindergarten level. The school claimed that if students

progressed and graduated from secondary school grade 6 at their language

school, they will be able to continue studying in German".

This is partly correct, a school needs to be in operation for 5 years, then it can ask to be recognized as an international school.

Why would these silly parents now loose their money, AND, in 5 years, the chance to send their kid to Germany?

4. Both Owners are wanted on 40 charges in Germany, correct.

Does this make the school "Bad"? Has anybody checked on the teachers? Would be much more important.

To panic now that it became clear what might be wrong with the "director" doesn't help any parents or kids.

I was planning to send my daughter there and followed up this story...wub.png

Are you related? I for one would not be very happy if my children's teachers where wanted criminals. In fact it's about time the Thai government demanded that every teacher should have a clean criminal record.

• Like 1

Well, here is another half-story to keep us all guessing about what actually happened.

Charges in Germany... well, charges are charges, but to be criminal one needs convictions not just charges. It may be that there are convictions, but given the quality of the reporting it's anyone's guess what happened.

Time will tell, running a school with an incorrect license, or having a teacher without a work permit is hardly crime of the century now is it!

yes , the armis don t want , thais study german

Wunderbar here we go again, blaming the Americans for everything. Maybe the Euro is having a crisis again? I guess you must be Deutsch, calling the Americans by the slang term, Armis, it is actually Amis but still do not see your point. How did you get the Americans to blame since this was done in Thailand? I am quite sure that if a school operated in Germany (impossible) without a permit it would be shut down and especially if the owners had pending warrants. Matter of fact you really cannot get a business license for most professions in your country unless you have a Meister certificate costing ungodly amounts of money and years of schooling before you can legally operate in your profession. In America the same applies for opening any school and of course if you have pending warrants it is hard to hide especially when you are the owner of a school which also cannot legal operate without the proper licenses and certification.

• Like 2

1)i dont see how this couple surch by german police (normally in these cases interpoll is also involved )with such a profil got into thailand without behing arrested at their arrival.

2)Then every 3 mounth he has to stamp at the immigration office.! nobody from the police office, noticed anything or had any information about them?

3)he lived there ....made his school ,worked etc ...... knowing the thai police efficiency ...there is something wrong here...... !i dont beleive it.

4)again it looks like a tipical pattaya disneyland story to me ..

• Like 1