Star World Being Replaced On True From 1St April?

R123

I was watching American Idol on Star World this evening, when it was announced at the bottom of the screen that as from 1st April Star World is being replaced by some food etc channel.

Does anyone have any more info?

Is this yet another miserly cost cutting by TRUE once again?

Maybe nothing to do with True, moving the dish around over the past week, notice a number of different channels have pop up to say channel replacement on 31 st.. so guess it is all over Asia ??

It is TRUE VISIONS!!!

I said I called them. We need to call and email to complain.

This thread should be moved to a wider NEWS thread.

Sorry don't think so, watching something on Astro at the moment....... went to Star World, there is a banner running along the bottom stating change on 31 st, also moved to K+ from Vietnam and again on Star World says the same...

Proves how underhanded True Visions is. Their rep lied to me that they wanted ...TO TRY SOMETHING NEW!

The on air commercial keeps talking about new series starting April 8... like REVENFE.

But on 4-1 the SW programs are all replaced with half hour craaap shows on food and garden and diet.

• Like 1

Nothing on the website re: Star World but I did find this notification, maybe they're just moving the channels about and Star World will remain, albeit on a different channel number?

FWIW, it is pretty easy to find American Idol on torrent sites. http://ka.tt/usearch/american%20idol/?field=time_add&sorder=desc

http://www.truevisionstv.com/news_detail.aspx?news_id=328

Dear TrueVisions value members,

As part of our ongoing developments in quality and service and in order to provide you with world-class entertainment viewing in both SD and HD channels, we will be adding a selection of new program channels, as well as slightly re-arranging the order of existing channels in the early hours of Friday 19 April/ night of (18 April) from 00:01-08:00 hr. During this enhancement, you will not be able to receive any signal via your TrueVisions set-top-box, which will take several hours to complete. All services will, however, be fully functional by 08:00 hr.

Although your receiver should be able to process the upgrade without any adjustment or unplugging, we do recommend switching it off and unplugging the power cable before running the process in order. After 08:00 hr. in the morning of the 19 April when you reconnect, it will reboot and automatically display the new channels. If you are encountering reception problems on or after the morning of Friday19 April, you can perform a simple procedure as primary problem-solving: Simply switch off and unplug your receiver and after a few minutes, plug it in again and turn it on. The receiver will take a moment to reboot and in most cases will function normally.

Where this primary problem solving does not rectify the problem, please follow the menu steps for each model at Premiere TrueVisions TV Guide Magazine on April or can download the menu steps for each model as per the following;

For More Information Click Here.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

Remark: True Visions will advise the final channel numbering details shortly.

I am really not sure that knowing other stations are flashing the same message is something to be happy about. I had questioned StarWorld's ongoing relationship with True since it was never assigned an HD station. Instead, for those with truely masochistic tendancies (such as the programers at True) we can now get Thai Comedian on 3 separate stations, two on SD and one on HD. Truely and excellent use of space by a company fighting to stay afloat against competition it never thought possible.

I did notice that all of their instructions are seemingly in English until you get to how to actually change your box should the hi tech reboot technique not work. Those instructions, including the pamplets with pretty pictures sent to our houses are all in Thai language. I can only imagine True's customer service people will be beset once again by numerous phone calls when they are always the last to know what decisions are being made concering programing changes.

New packages for April 2013 on True Vision.........

That is what I was told, no idea as have never paid for UBC or True Vision… I have a big Move Dish for some 9 years.

Went into True to pay the monthly Internet bill, and they gave me a new TV box and card this past week…….

So yes can get

the Free channels, but to plug in this new box there is a lot less free English

channels than I get on my old Dreambox, so the ‘new’ True box and card has gone

into one of the bedrooms used as a junk room..

With all the Sats over Thailand + so many over the internet, have never and can see no reason to pay 2,000 odd baht per month for True TV.

Yes I still use the Dreambox in 2 bedrooms, but downstairs use a Skybox as has HDMi and so can get HD channels

I tought it was thai sense of humour to remove Starworld...

what are they thinking

specially it is not a joke ...

and it is not just a name replacement

how can we start a petition to give us back starworld

don't we pay enough each month ????

I don't like it to be replaced by another bullshit nonsense cooking program station

Strange move by Truevisions (if it was their decision) as Starworld is a popular channel with many hi-so Thais. They love America's Next Top Model!

True do listen. After the outcry when they ditched BBC Entertainment and then ASN, they did eventually bring them back, even though it took about a year. More successful was the outrage when they announced the end of many radio channels, particularly the BBC World Service. The best way to complain is by writing to the Bangkok Post, as complaining to True has little effect unless it's a mass protest. Letters in the Post usually get a response of sorts from one of the bosses at True.

I'm no longer a fan of American Idol, but to drop the channel just before the final is ridiculous!

I called them and they acted like they could care less. Just like with BBC and ASN. So all the shows you have been loyal to are cancelled. Idol cancelled on Thai TV.

SUCH A CORRUPT ORGANIZATION.

Please complain with calls and emails.

Star World is owned by Murdoch and Fox.

Whats the difference who its owned by?

If True want to cancel the channel for whatever reason, they can.

If Star World wants to cancel True's license, they can.

If you do not like the programming you either change or cancel.

NO matter how much you scream and shout that TV must do this and that, it is company's choice what to show and it is consumers choice what to watch and subscribe to.

Sometimes customer feedback either of a positive or negative nature results in a company making changes.

Channel 54, Star World has definitely been replaced with some sort of "Living" channel. It seems like there are several of those already?

Again, any shows which you may have enjoyed on Star World are certainly available for downloading, even in HD, and watching at your leisure, rather than on a fixed schedule.

Revenge

American Idol

Parenthood

Royal Pains

• Like 1

Thank you. But its not about downloads... I don't like buying a Lexus and getting a Toyota.

I pay for Platinum and they have cancelled channels of premiums quality and replaced them with garbage. My FAMILY suffers because THEY like those shows for the past 7 years.

Blame ALL Typos on Spell Check!

• Like 1

Strange move by Truevisions (if it was their decision) as Starworld is a popular channel with many hi-so Thais. They love America's Next Top Model!

True do listen. After the outcry when they ditched BBC Entertainment and then ASN, they did eventually bring them back, even though it took about a year. More successful was the outrage when they announced the end of many radio channels, particularly the BBC World Service. The best way to complain is by writing to the Bangkok Post, as complaining to True has little effect unless it's a mass protest. Letters in the Post usually get a response of sorts from one of the bosses at True.

I'm no longer a fan of American Idol, but to drop the channel just before the final is ridiculous!

I called them and they acted like they could care less. Just like with BBC and ASN. So all the shows you have been loyal to are cancelled. Idol cancelled on Thai TV.

SUCH A CORRUPT ORGANIZATION.

Please complain with calls and emails.

Star World is owned by Murdoch and Fox.

Whats the difference who its owned by?

If True want to cancel the channel for whatever reason, they can.

If Star World wants to cancel True's license, they can.

If you do not like the programming you either change or cancel.

NO matter how much you scream and shout that TV must do this and that, it is company's choice what to show and it is consumers choice what to watch and subscribe to.

Sometimes customer feedback either of a positive or negative nature results in a company making changes.

Yes. True don't like getting bad publicity, especially in the Bangkok Post.

The shit is really going to hit the fan in the summer if EPL football is completely unavailable on True!

• Like 1

On facbooktruevisions there are 100s of complaints about FALSE VISIONS cancellation of STAR WORLD.

I am proud of the Thais complaints.

Sad that Thai visa forum has been so lame about this event. It should be a news event.

• Like 1

I guess it could have been worse. They could have replaced Starworld with the Panda channel.

I do agree though. We pay for the Platinum packgage one year in advance and are rewarded with a free month. Then, without warning, Starworld, which we do watch (both my wife and I), gets replaced by the Designer Guys etc.

• Like 1

On facbooktruevisions there are 100s of complaints about FALSE VISIONS cancellation of STAR WORLD.

Sad that Thai visa forum has been so lame about this event. It should be a news event.

Always great to use blanket insults. whistling.gif

I must be "lame" as I wasn't even aware that this channel existed on my TrueVisions system.

And I must be "lame" for offering a solution allowing some to get these shows via alternate means,

• Like 1

Always great to use blanket insults. whistling.gif

I must be "lame" as I wasn't even aware that this channel existed on my TrueVisions system.

And I must be "lame" for offering a solution allowing some to get these shows via alternate means,

Eagles fan. That is lame.