Star World Being Replaced On True From 1St April?

R123

Channel 54, Star World has definitely been replaced with some sort of "Living" channel. It seems like there are several of those already?

Again, any shows which you may have enjoyed on Star World are certainly available for downloading, even in HD, and watching at your leisure, rather than on a fixed schedule.

Revenge

American Idol

Parenthood

Royal Pains

Yes, torrents are the way to go - watch what you want, when you want, automatically downloaded to your PC via RSS.

Here is the email i got from TruevisionsTV:

Strange...

Please accept our sincerest apology for the inconvenience you have experienced in respect to the discontinuation of Star World channel.
We regret to inform you that we tried to negotiate with the owner of Star World channel for contract renewal, but without success.
And for that reason, we are no longer authorized to broadcast Star World channel.
(The same thing applies to American Idol show when we have to discontinue Star World channel because it is the license holder of American Idol.)
Yours Sincerely,

• Like 2

Strange...

Please accept our sincerest apology for the inconvenience you have experienced in respect to the discontinuation of Star World channel.

We regret to inform you that we tried to negotiate with the owner of Star World channel for contract renewal, but without success.

And for that reason, we are no longer authorized to broadcast Star World channel.

(The same thing applies to American Idol show when we have to discontinue Star World channel because it is the license holder of American Idol.)

Yours Sincerely,

Interesting. On Star World, these negotiations are always about money. OK, business decision. Time will tell if it is a good decison or a mistake.

On American Idol (and others), True's PR Marketing was quoted in Postbag (BP) this morning as follows: ""With regards to complaints by Martin R. and others, we are pleased to confirm that some of the top shows that were available through Star World will continue to be available to our subscribers. They will be shown through some of our other channels and many of them will be on accelerated schedules that will allow people to see even earlier some of the top seasonal series. For example, America's Next Top Model is available through True Series, as is Glee, How I Met Your Mother, Hell's Kitchen, and 90210, while Master Chef can be viewed on True Xzyte. We are also now in discussions with the rights owner of American Idol and Junior Master Chef to ensure that viewers may continue to view these very popular shows. We regret any inconvience caused to our subscribers by the discontinuence of Star World."

Strange...

Yours Sincerely,

Interesting. On Star World, these negotiations are always about money. OK, business decision. Time will tell if it is a good decison or a mistake.

On American Idol (and others), True's PR Marketing was quoted in Postbag (BP) this morning as follows: ""With regards to complaints by Martin R. and others, we are pleased to confirm that some of the top shows that were available through Star World will continue to be available to our subscribers. They will be shown through some of our other channels and many of them will be on accelerated schedules that will allow people to see even earlier some of the top seasonal series. For example, America's Next Top Model is available through True Series, as is Glee, How I Met Your Mother, Hell's Kitchen, and 90210, while Master Chef can be viewed on True Xzyte. We are also now in discussions with the rights owner of American Idol and Junior Master Chef to ensure that viewers may continue to view these very popular shows. We regret any inconvience caused to our subscribers by the discontinuence of Star World."

In other words on are own true channels so we can promote are on products, true move, AFF, etc. I hate watching true series and others for that reason. Constant advertising for true only products
  • Like 1

I believe True regard American Idol , The Voice and so on as competition to their own Acadamifantasia and have therefore dropped them. They must make a fortune on AF because it seems they promote it all the time.

A few years ago they dropped MTV so now we only have those crap Thai music channels.

I am really looking forward to what CTH and other coming providers can do.

Last night Thursday my mrs tuned in to Star World only to find it had gone off screen on ringing True visions the agent told us it was to be no more and that even his Thai parents were very upset True visions failed to mention it in there latest tv guide The wife is gutted especailly as American Idol was a favourite programme of hers So what are we going to do about it well for me once lunch is over we are downgrading back to GOLD What TV provider in the world replaces popular TV channels the answer is TRUE any more lost channels and I will be finding another provider !!!!!!!!!! They want our money but only want to provide a crap service just like last years European Cup time to open up the competition and bring in some Western Companies who can provide a better service

I believe True regard American Idol , The Voice and so on as competition to their own Acadamifantasia and have therefore dropped them. They must make a fortune on AF because it seems they promote it all the time. A few years ago they dropped MTV so now we only have those crap Thai music channels. I am really looking forward to what CTH and other coming providers can do.

Channel suffle and new channels April 19th, I see MTV back on list?

http://www.truevisionstv.com/photo/download/relocation_042513_MPEG4.pdf

Text running on screen just now, American Idols will be on true channel 10, thursday and friday 5PM.

I saw it yesterday. For non-Thai speakers, manually switch your TV to as if you want Thai language. Then you will get the regular (English language version). When you are done watching, if your TV doesn't switch back to the default English language, then manually do it.

It will be on every Thursday and Friday at 17:00 until conclusion.

I believe True regard American Idol , The Voice and so on as competition to their own Acadamifantasia and have therefore dropped them. They must make a fortune on AF because it seems they promote it all the time. A few years ago they dropped MTV so now we only have those crap Thai music channels. I am really looking forward to what CTH and other coming providers can do.

Channel suffle and new channels April 19th, I see MTV back on list?

http://www.truevisionstv.com/photo/download/relocation_042513_MPEG4.pdf

Thank you for this. Of course, it is always subject to change at contract time for the international stations. I still worry about ASN (Hockey and American football) as it seems to be a rolling one year contract around June or July so what they publish in April has no bearing on what will actually be shown in September.

Still, kudos to Anek for negotiating with the actual programs when Star World was dicontinued in Thailand.

Strange...

Yours Sincerely,

In other words on are own true channels so we can promote are on products, true move, AFF, etc. I hate watching true series and others for that reason. Constant advertising for true only products

When back in the US and watching my mom's cable, it is probably 5 minutes advertisements to one minute actual programing. Probably no different in the UK. Union contracts etc. have led to production costs of our favorite TV programs to skyrocket and it is the advertisers that pay for that (and us ultimately if we buy the products). Hence, I am OK with having advertisements on Truevisions. Sometimes there are very pretty girls and anyway, I have the PVR so I can fast forward through them if I wish.

I called them and they acted like they could care less. Just like with BBC and ASN. So all the shows you have been loyal to are cancelled. Idol cancelled on Thai TV.

SUCH A CORRUPT ORGANIZATION.

Please complain with calls and emails.

Star World is owned by Murdoch and Fox.

Whats the difference who its owned by?

If True want to cancel the channel for whatever reason, they can.

If Star World wants to cancel True's license, they can.

If you do not like the programming you either change or cancel.

NO matter how much you scream and shout that TV must do this and that, it is company's choice what to show and it is consumers choice what to watch and subscribe to.

Sorry, i disagree, its the consumers responsibility to speak out and let the company know how they feel about the service. If the problem is not corrected they then have the option to continue or cancel to send a message by voting with their money. We called and complained and are thinking of canceling service as this was one of our favorite channels and dont have many we watch anymore.

• Like 1

I called them and they acted like they could care less. Just like with BBC and ASN. So all the shows you have been loyal to are cancelled. Idol cancelled on Thai TV.

NO matter how much you scream and shout that TV must do this and that, it is company's choice what to show and it is consumers choice what to watch and subscribe to.

Sorry, i disagree, its the consumers responsibility to speak out and let the company know how they feel about the service. If the problem is not corrected they then have the option to continue or cancel to send a message by voting with their money. We called and complained and are thinking of canceling service as this was one of our favorite channels and dont have many we watch anymore.

True have quite a good record of listening to and responding to complaints about channels being dropped. Looks like they've, partly anyway, listened here and many of the Starworld programmes, including American Idol are now back on True on different channels.

• Like 1

True have quite a good record of listening to and responding to complaints about channels being dropped. Looks like they've, partly anyway, listened here and many of the Starworld programmes, including American Idol are now back on True on different channels.

Actually True has a good history of misunderstanding its customers and canceling popular channels to save some cash, only to cave in under pressure.

TRUEVISIONS
Fox channel upset at kicking out of Star World, Channel M

BANGKOK: -- Fox International Channel has expressed hope that a solution will be found to an disagreement over terms that has resulted in TrueVisions' decision to stop airing Star World and Channel M through its cable service.

"We deeply regret that TrueVisions has not agreed to the terms for distributing Star World and Channel M and has decided to cease carrying these channels," said Fox in a statement.

Fox said it is hopeful that the situation will soon be resolved and that the channels would return to TrueVisions, ending the inconvenience to fans.

It said it received feedback from viewers about the abrupt halt of Star World and Channel M and wished to express deep concern to viewers on the matter.

According to the statement, Star World (formerly showing on True Visions channel 54) was launched in 1994 and offers a programme lineup of the hottest and most soughtafter US dramas, comedies, reality shows and special live events. Highlights include "Glee", "How I Met Your Mother", "Grey's Anatomy" and two globally acclaimed shows exclusive to Star World - "American Idol" and "Masterchef".

Channel M (True Visions channel #56), launched in 2009, is Asia's leading channel for fans of Korean culture and includes music, drama, reality programmes, entertainment news and lifestyle. Highlights include "M Countdown", "KPOP Star Hunt", "KPOP101", "Kimchi Fanclub", "The Romance" and "Idol".

TrueVisions has announced that it has acquired the right to air the 12th season of reality show "American Idol."

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-04-10