Green Table Restaurant (Nimmanhaemin Soi 12)

MMan

This is a small & classy new upscale international restaurant, and I've been very favorably impressed both visits I've been there. It is in the Kantary Terrace plaza (2nd floor facing soi 12) in front of the Kantary Hills hotel.

I had an excellent grilled Norwegian Salmon filet that was fresh, good size portion, and came with potatoes and sauteed vegetables for 380 baht. Very good bread and chive butter is served complimentary.

Added a tasty Green Salad (a house specialty - with chopped apples & yellow mango + red bell peppers, various types of greens and a green balsamic vinagrette dressing) and 3 glasses of the house wine (also good), and the total bill after tax was under 850 baht for 1 person.

Great service too. Has tables inside and outside. Sit outside on the balcony and enjoy the planes taking off directly over your head !

I stumbled upon it by accident when I was unable to get service at the Kantary Hills restaurant on Valentine Day due to a big crowd (and uninterested staff) there that night - turned out to be a good problem as the Green Table is much better for food, atmosphere, service and value for money.

They were not at all busy on a Thursday night, maybe because they are not well known. Hope their business does well as there are not many classy upscale international restaurants in Chiang Mai, especially with the quality & value for money of this place.

I had lunch at the Green Table last week and I was completely satisfied. The food was fresh and satisfying, service was attentive, and the inside air conditioned ambience was great. I do hope that they make a go of it!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Had lunch today at Green table restaurant in kantary terrace and it was excellenf, The portions are absolutely sufficient, very good quality and every dish we had were well cooked. They serve some free bread with garlic butter. I had a entree with Italian salami and carpaccio with some cheese and grilled vegetables and salade, 159 baht, A Salmon Fettucini, a sufficient amount of tender salmon, the pasta was exactly all dente how it supposed to be and a delicious sauce, 159 baht. The dishes from my wife and daughter were also excellent. They serve also some different hamburgers with salade and French fries, 225 - 250 baht. I noticed many wealthy Thai families and of course the inevitable farang like me. I recommend this restaurant as a critical consumer, you will not be dissapointed.

Had lunch today at Green table restaurant in kantary terrace and it was excellenf, The portions are absolutely sufficient, very good quality and every dish we had were well cooked. They serve some free bread with garlic butter. I had a entree with Italian salami and carpaccio with some cheese and grilled vegetables and salade, 159 baht, A Salmon Fettucini, a sufficient amount of tender salmon, the pasta was exactly all dente how it supposed to be and a delicious sauce, 159 baht. The dishes from my wife and daughter were also excellent. They serve also some different hamburgers with salade and French fries, 225 - 250 baht. I noticed many wealthy Thai families and of course the inevitable farang like me. I recommend this restaurant as a critical consumer, you will not be dissapointed.

because they serve 159 Baht meals the Thais you observed there are "wealthy Thai families"? I have run into the lady who sells fruit juice near my house and her husband in a much more expensive restaurant than that.

because they serve 159 Baht meals the Thais you observed there are "wealthy Thai families"? I have run into the lady who sells fruit juice near my house and her husband in a much more expensive restaurant than that.

What is your point, it's just a remark,

A friend of mine has recently been to this resturant and made similar comments

A little bit up market, food excellent

Isn't hearsay not admissible under by-law 17-C of the Thaivisa Rules and Regulations? But I can advise on first hand knowledge that I once saw the building and it looked rather nice from across the street.

I went recently with my wife. We enjoyed it, generally, but would describe it for the most part as 'very good' rather than 'excellent'. And sadly, in preparing steak and lamb chops, they do not seem to know the meaning of the term 'medium rare'. Both of ours were well into 'medium' territory.

Edited by Rasseru