Looking For A Thai Teacher In Korat City

djayz

I'm trying to teach myself Thai using books and CDs from the "Benjawan Poomsan Becker" series but have now gotten to a point that I can no longer teach myself and have too many questions regarding sentence structure, grammar, tone rules, etc.

Are there any language schools in Korat City offering Thai to foreigners? I only want to use Beckers' books. Alternatively do you know of any Thais who can teach Thai AND speak English well enough to be able to explain the material in a coherent manner?

I can supply a classroom with whiteboard and CD player (and eventually other students who are interested in learning Thai). The hourly pay is negotiable.

I can be contacted here on this site.

The best Thai language teacher in Korat is Khun Usanee. She runs her own little school called KoRat Thai School: http://www.krtschool.com/main/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

Here is her curriculum: http://www.krtschool.com/main/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=15&Itemid=40

She may not be quite what you are looking for, based on your post, but K.Usanee is, hands down, the best Thai language teacher in town.

I have to agree with Manhattan55. I had several Thai teachers with the years. Usanee is just the best one I had.

I started with her many years ago, stopped for a while. Went back last January and February for intensive classes. She prepared a personal curriculum just for me, based on my needs. I didn't ask it. It was just natural and she follows my rythm.

She is a really good teacher and I know at least 10 people who studied with her.

Good luck.