Is Central Thailand Boring?

wayned

There hasn't been a post on the central Thailand forum since 25 March, and that was about a Buffalo Village. Is central Thailand that boring or is everybody having so much fun that they are too busy to post? I would vote for "boring" at the moment.

It's a tad warm.

Just dug a massive hole out back searching for water (unsuccessfully). Mains water is also unreliable at present.

Had to install an A/C to avoid meltdown - relied on fans up to now.

According to the internet weather forecast Nong Phai area can't expect any significant rain till mid-end April.

Also busy on other forums.

R21

Edited by Route21

Trust me it is very hot and boring and please tell everybody else on TVF so they won't come here.

Song Kran will be along in a couple of weeks and we will be enforcing the new government solutions of NO alcohol and NO throwing of water from pickup trucks, no wet Tshirts and NO fun.

Yeah, right I can see that coming off.

We lost our government water supply about 3 weeks ago but have a friend at the Tessaban who bring the fire truck around every 2 or 3 weeks plus we have 20 ongs linked together to give us about 30,000 litres of storage and a further 7 for emergencies which are not connected to the system.

It has been very hot lately, over 40 in the shade but we are still surviving with fans and the early morning are around 22 or so and cool for a while.

I have been spending time on making home made food such as bread, ham and cakes as well as trying to help my neighbour out with a couple of problems so I don't have that much time to get bored.

post-5614-0-56039400-1364625029_thumb.jp

hey...tutsi is presently on leave in Suphanburi and when tutsi is around nothing is ever 'boring'...

just consider...

tutsi's little niece will be 11 y.o. soon and is no longer 'little'...she still likes to cuddle up and watch TV together and she is close by sleeping in the bedroom at night but the end, I fear, is near...

it's just like with her goddam older sister who was living with us and going to school and I said: 'yer doing well, kid...stick with it and we may start talking about uni in BKK...' and she smiled an nodded eagerly...

then she had her 15th birthday and on cue 'sproiinng!!!' and cute tits and ass appeared and then tutsi watched in horror as she preened in the mirror: 'now that I got what boys like I shall have my way...'...

and then it was truly all over; she married some 'plumber' that doesn't work and lives with his parents and she already has a kid...her whole demeanor has changed and she looks like the thai version of US trailer trash...

and (oh! sob!!) its happening again and I think about kidnapping the little niece and taking her away and forcing injections that will prevent the onset of puberty...

so...no, I wouldn't say that it's boring around here in central Thailand...just substitute Winesburg, Ohio for Suphanburi and you will know what I mean...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

right on, jonny...it certainly wasn't boring when the floods were here...

and the little niece has perfect skin and hair and could be a model in a cosmetics advert...and I've noticed that she likes to swing about her new forelock with abandon and I have said: 'there is a baret somewhere that you can use...' and with an evil grin that only a pre-pubescent adorable girl can provide she smirks: 'baret? yeah, uncle toots...we got plenty of barets over here...'

(oh!...sob!!)

and then last night I came up to bed to find the little nice with her 3 y.o. cousin/nephew 'Bubba' cuddled up and the step daughter with Mr <deleted> the grandchild on a mat next to the bed...and then I slipped under the covers (powerful AC in our bedroom) to find that the wife had no knickers on and then she moaned softly when sensing my contact...

and I said: 'what about the kids?' and she said '<deleted> the kids...get on with it, will ye...'

there is a conspiracy here...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Maybe the question should be:

Outside of tourist-hub's, is Thailand boring for a farang? Basically yes, especially if one lives in "the sticks", where at sunset "everything closes down" and the small towns look like deserted ghost towns from old western-movies.

But most farangs live with their families. The larger the family, the less boredom. The family becomes the "entertainement-part" of a farang in "the sticks".

I happen to live by myself and like it for the most part. Fortunately I can still travel around and hit tourist-spots whenever I feel like it. If it weren't for that, I coulden't live here in the sticks on a permanent basis without occasional "escapes".

The moral of the story: Before making any commitements of any sort (including the farangs lifestyle itself), a farang must make sure that life outside of tourist-hub's is something he truly wants.

Cheers.

• Like 1

yeah...this is true pretty much...

the wife she sez: 'unless ye want to get laid anonymously or want a blowjob from that stupid 'Lolita' place what is the point of BKK? all the action is at home with the kids for old folks like us...'

and then I say what about the street food? and she sez: 'fcukit, you always can make it better at home in yer own kitchen, have you ever had better khaao tom that me or the kids can make? get outta here...'

and, as usual, she's correct...

Good to hear you're back home with the family Tutsie, yep, having family around certainly makes life so much better, for me anyway,, most of my home time is spent with them, yes sure I am partial to occasionally breaking into a bottle of the finest scotch with a few of the local expats from around the area,,but life for me in and around Suphanburi is just fine, only thing that draws me away is the occasional trip to the beach, with the family, friends and their families in tow too of course

alright,jonny...the best is just staying at home...we got a big house and the kids can run around and everyone is happy...sometimes there is a beach trip to Cha Am but I don't like it much as the place is dirty and unpleasant...when I'm at home the wife organises the activities and that's all right with me...if we are out and about in our ancient Nissan minivan with a load of squealing, excited kids under the wife's supervision I can relax with a drink and take in the scenery...and that's all the entertainment that I need...

I got so much more to discuss about the existence that we share as technical types going off to work and the kids and family staying at home but I need to get to bed and we can discuss it later...

a lot of folks here on the forum share our circumstances but we share them together in Suphanburi and suphan can be difficult to describe ...

gettin' ready to buy a new washing machine and a new AC unit...the little grand daughter doesn't handle the heat well and I think that there may be a falang in the woodpile...

• Like 2

Yep, Cha-am is usually our choice of getaway away from Suphanburi , personally I enjoy it for the great seafood resteraunts there,,

Overindulged a bit too much on the travel side that last time home though, took the family for a long weekend to HK Disney, followed by a drive to Laos to renew my o visa,, in between all that I swallowed a bottle and a half of whisky on a visit to a friends house one afternoon which resulted in me losing the bike keys for a few days,,,, glad to get home and relax some before returning to work here in Africa

I live alone in the mountains along a national forest and love the outdoors and nature and am never bored, but rather just too busy all the time. I know 99% of people would think where I live is one of the most boring places in Thailand. That's a plus to me so I feel fortunate. I don't need any escapes and just driving to the city for resupplying I find a bit hectic. The less people and news the better. Peace and quiet is what I enjoy the most. Spotting a rare creature is exciting to me.

post-63956-0-40169800-1364779662_thumb.j

Colorful birds spend the night in my bamboo shelter.

post-63956-0-60550600-1364779060_thumb.j

Crabs are not just at the ocean, but also thrive in the mountains not even around water, who knew.

post-63956-0-71844100-1364779075_thumb.j

A walking leaf.

• Like 2

alright,jonny...the best is just staying at home...we got a big house and the kids can run around and everyone is happy...sometimes there is a beach trip to Cha Am but I don't like it much as the place is dirty and unpleasant...when I'm at home the wife organises the activities and that's all right with me...if we are out and about in our ancient Nissan minivan with a load of squealing, excited kids under the wife's supervision I can relax with a drink and take in the scenery...and that's all the entertainment that I need...

I got so much more to discuss about the existence that we share as technical types going off to work and the kids and family staying at home but I need to get to bed and we can discuss it later...

a lot of folks here on the forum share our circumstances but we share them together in Suphanburi and suphan can be difficult to describe ...

gettin' ready to buy a new washing machine and a new AC unit...the little grand daughter doesn't handle the heat well and I think that there may be a falang in the woodpile...

What a horror show this all sounds...

What a horror show this all sounds...

-frown- hey, go to blazes...if me an' jonnyscot live around here the place can't be all bad...

Not boring, it's quiet and that's how I like it. Not too many of us in the country, I still get that "how ya goin mate" nod from another white foreigner out our way. Almost like they see you and have to ask what you doin out here? Funny stuff I think. I'm out about 30km from Chumphae.

Edited by krisb
  • Like 1

Suphanburi is more a satellite City of BKK to me, North Central is far more rustic.I went to Sukhothai once, ill say no more.If you have mates to hang out with, its O.K. i guess.coffee1.gif

yeah, where I live in south Suphan there are good communications with BKK; buses and minivans to Morchit on the hour...the place is sorta turning into a 'bedroom community'...

(Gary looks and sneers: 'and you moved all the way to SE Asia to live in a goddam bedroom community???!!! 'yer worse than a pussy, yer middle class!!!')

Edited by tutsiwarrior

OP wouldnt vote living here boring, its where I choose to live.

The Central Thailand Forum is boring biggrin.png I only look here sometimes to see if I m able to help with someone wanted to know about the area I live.

Just finished cleaning me bike and now going for a nice cold beer its bloody hot.

hey, man I ear that one...I don't remember it being so hot before, even if this is the hot season...the kids came back early from the local swimming pool today as it was too hot...

btw, I live in the southern, Song Phi Nong district of Suphanburi and I'm the only westerner in town...I hear stories about another falang in town but I've never seen him in 10 years of living here and the wife hasn't either...

it's quite nice being a novelty; school kids shout greetings and wave and there is a commotion when I make an appearance at the market and gorgeous giggling adolescent school girls are eager to catch my attention...

not half bad, I'd say...

P.S. I went to Honda Sukhothai with a new Accord bought in BKK, no prob. A newish place, staffed by charming youngish Staff. Superb Service, but no Mom n Pops for a Beer nearby.biggrin.png

Sukhothai is a fair size province and another hot one here today.

Honda Sukhothai is near the New City as it's called which has a few places to see and go of all sorts of variety, good full size swimming pool, plenty of night life if you want at reasonable prices, outside there are quiet villages, the village i'm in is Old City more a tourist place.

We get quite a few part timers here as I call em and I am only 1 of 4 fulltime farangies living in the village to my knowledge, one I have a beer with now and again the others are just a nod a wave or a brief conversation.

My kids are all grown up but a lot of the kids and most of the nice people in the village know me and I've got what I call my little pub which I frequent.

Wife has a nice little cafe' next to the main park area which keeps her busy so I have the house to myself most of the time which I like.

• Like 2

Funny thing is I love living in the city in Australia and couldn't stand living in the country. In Thailand it's the complete opposite. I'm sure being a minority white guy is part of it, also there's lots of real Thai culture which I love.

Anyhow if I get that bored the big smokes not too far away.