Homepro Customerservice , Does It Exist ?

balo

This is my first experience with Homepro .

I have been waiting for installation in my bathroom since Wednesday.

2 weeks ago I paid , I got my receipt and contract and we agreed on last wednesday. They never showed up.

So I call Pattaya central branch and after 15 minutes talking to several people they would call me back to arrange a new date , I suggested Saturday would be a nice day for me. They never called me back .

Today I call Bangkok head office and a nice lady would call Pattaya for me and then they would call me back , after 2 hours I heard nothing so I call back and again they would ask Pattaya branch to call me back , that was 6 hours ago .

Now I dont know what to believe , I will call them again tomorrow or maybe just go down to Homepro and be an angry customer.

Edited by balo

No don't don't be an angry customer it's not worth wasting your time and it won't get you anywhere

just go to HOMEWORKS ( near Tesco Lotus on Sukkhumvit Road ) and its completely opposite in that from the moment you walk through the door they will be falling over themselves to help you-sometimes too much, but still better to be served by enthusiastic staff than apathetic staff

Edited by Asiantravel
  • Like 1

No don't don't be an angry customer it's not worth wasting your time and it won't get you anywhere

just go to HOMEWORKS ( near Tesco Lotus on Sukkhumvit Road ) and its completely opposite in that from the moment you walk through the door they will be falling over themselves to help you-sometimes too much, but still better to be served by enthusiastic staff than apathetic staff

I just noticed you have paid the money. If you cannot get your money back and start again then my advice is not much use Edited by Asiantravel

Go back. Show some attitude and don't even talk to the front-desk staff, but demand to talk to the manager. This helped last time I had the exact same problem. They showed next morning. Good luck. PF.

Thanks , that is excactly what I will do, I was hoping to save the trip but using the phone is a waste if time.

Just to make you feel better that you not alone, the other week i was there buying some fans.

A Russian guy was screaming in Russian and semi English that he bought a TV and 3 weeks later it was still not delivered.

No one seemed to care and just kept passing his receipt around.

Saying that, i bought a bulk of fans and it was delivered the next day, not only that, but i asked them what time delivery was and was told 14:00pm.

They came exactly at 14:00pm.

I think its down to getting the competent sales person who does the paperwork correctly, otherwise you get where you are.

Sorry OP but no advice at all, perhaps just to go back and demand a refund

A Russian guy was screaming in Russian and semi English that he bought a TV and 3 weeks later it was still not delivered.

Could be because they don't sell tv's at Homepro ? whistling.gif

They do, in the back have the powerbuy corner

Powerbuy at Homepro ?

Powerbuy is from Central group, which also owns Homeworks, and therefore have the powerbuy added to Homeworks Pattaya.smile.png

Until now, have had a good experience with homepro on rama 3 road in bangkok. Signed up with them initially and paid the fees for initial design and cost estimate to renovate the 2 bathrooms in our condo. They called on the appointed day to say they will be 10 minutes late. Took all measurements while discussing with us all the time, very polite and mannered. Called us within 7 days as promised, gave us cost estimates while showing 3D designs based on measurements taken. Not yet signed the contract.

Powerbuy at Homepro ?

Powerbuy is from Central group, which also owns Homeworks, and therefore have the powerbuy added to Homeworks Pattaya.smile.png

lol, they both have home in the name.

I was talking about the one next to big c, is it the homepro or the homeworks?

Forget about good or any decent customer service at homepro. All the companies here take turns being Aholes. When they finally lose enough baht they get with the program for a very short time. Never buy anything with an electric motor under warranty. If you buy an appliance be aware all they cover is the motor....so when your blender blades need replacing you just have to suck it up & purchace a new blender. They lie as well on Motor ratings. 1500 watts are just about always 1000 watt motors copies made in China. Tools the same.Shipped in bulk from Alibaba & resold as Black & decker...Bosch & Makita etc. They will usually screw you in every warranty issue & it's not just Farangs Thais get bent over the same! a 3 year warranty is honered for about 6 months. If you have a problem & go to the main desk(not the front info desk) Make sure to get the gal that is the manager , the guy is just a grunt & has zero power as a assistant floor mgr. Our Starlight(Carrini) fan was 8 days old & made a horrible racket. This was their top fan with remote. Because the unit was installed the return was void. They wouldn't give me a swap for a Compass east fan because I didn't keep all the styrofoam packaging. Now seriously who holds on to the styrofoam for all the appliances in your home when you build a house. And who the hell knows if the fan is good till it is installed or turned on (which voids a return) They gave me another fan motor & would not give me a box to put it in(they got to be the cheapest bastards I ever saw!) My girl had to call them & hammer them in Thai to give me a box.The original motor was emitting smoke & started burning up right in front of their eyes. The sales jerk told me no problem they all do that. <deleted>! The motor they gave me was worse & made a racket worst than the first motor. I sold it for 1000baht cheaper just to get rid of it. I went back & showed Homepro 230,000 baht I just spent at Homeworks since they wouldn't work with me on the fan. The man took care of us & basically told me to fck off & don't let the door slam on you on the way out. Unfortunately for him 6 days later the real Manager came back from the Chang Mai store & reemed him a new a hole. But you know what she left & it was business as usual. After 4 houses built here don't get your hopes up. These hardware chains are ruthless & very ignorant in the way they treat their customers. The only time I shop there now is for electrical tape & odds & ends no more than 2000 baht a year for these dweebs.And nothing that I can't throw away if it fails. Absolutely nothing that has a waranty . I should have taken the hint in the first time I went to homepro when some poor Englishman was trying to return a 17,000 baht lawnmower he purchaced 2 hours ago. He was still red in the face with no satisfaction when we left 2&1/2 hours later.The staff was pulling the pull start endlessly looking like they were ting tong it was obvious something wasn't adjusted correctly or the mower was junk.And they are infamous for keeping discontinued items on the floor (that they will not sell you) & try to bump you into the better(more comissions for the salesman or lady) item you are looking at.

In general I would rate them at the bottom of the barrell in satisfaction.

Edited by Beardog

I forgot to mention if you buy a fan from compass east sunlight or ABC if it has metal on the outside & blades(not the 900 baht models but the 3400-8000 baht models) you need to clearcoat the blades , housing & insides as well. You can do it with a rattle can if you are careful. You don't even want to know what I went through with 7 compass east sunlight fans. Just as bad. They agreed to take all the parts down & have them repainted for me for 1000 baht a fan. fans 4 months old & rusting to the grave. Same story Motor warrentied only .took almost 3 months for them to take them to the autoshop & even though they stripped the metal the forgot to prime the metal before painting the parts. If you spray the clearcoat on the fan parts they are worthy if not it will be the agony of defeat. If that little trick to hard....Take some motor oil & lube the blades & other fan container every 2 months. That will save the finish. They use factory seconds or worse on the metal & shoot a piss coat of paint on the blades & other parts.

Good luck in Thailand. almost 10 years in Thailand & this is my only real bitch about Thailand. I can live with the rest of the inconvenience but the customer service & quality of stuff here I will never get used to. Any of our home countries the workers would have their walking papers immediatly for acting rude.

Edited by Beardog

Read and then re read posts #14 and 15, the Beardog is spot on.

Heres a tip for you guys, HP rents out floor space, so the flunkey you spoke to will tell you exactly what you want to hear so he can make the sale, commission in his pocket, after that buyer beware.

I have been there, done that got the t-shirt, learned the hardway, the only people I do business with these days are, Chinese, Muslims and Southeners, always by introduction or personal recommendation.

When i had a difficult problem with HomePro about expensive poor-quality goods I eventually emailed all the Board of Directors. The Board Secretary called me the next day and satisfaction followed almost immediately.

• Like 2

Never seen Powerbuy in Homepro, Pattaya, but there is one in the back corner of Homeworks.

Homeworks and Powerbuy are part of the Central Group.

I could be wrong, it's happened before.

Edited by chickenslegs

Never seen Powerbuy in Homepro, Pattaya, but there is one in the back corner of Homeworks.

I think we both get confused with homepro and homeworks, i know i do.laugh.png

Speaking of being original

Homepro

Homeworks

Homeart

Homemart

Just to make you feel better that you not alone, the other week i was there buying some fans.

No one seemed to care and just kept passing his receipt around.

Saying that, i bought a bulk of fans and it was delivered the next day, not only that, but i asked them what time delivery was and was told 14:00pm.

They came exactly at 14:00pm.

I think its down to getting the competent sales person who does the paperwork correctly, otherwise you get where you are.

Sorry OP but no advice at all, perhaps just to go back and demand a refund

There's competent sales staff in thailand?

News to me - lol

Could be because they don't sell tv's at Homepro ?

I think we both get confused with homepro and homeworks, i know i do.

Homepro

Homeworks

Homeart

Homemart

All run by Homer (Simpson).

Homepro

Homeworks

Homeart

Homemart

Amengiggle.gif

Homepro

Homeworks

Homeart

Homemart

DOH!

To answer the OP. No customer service doesn't exist at Homepro, neither does it at Homeworks nor Boonthavorn or actually Thailand for that matter.

I do not think this comment is very fair, I have always found the Chiang Mai Homepro's helpfull and essentially professional. I talk from dealing with them for the past 15 years.

Homepro service does exist.

I bought a nice new Hitachi refrigerator from them. It was scheduled to be delivered 4 days later, on the 17th because it had to come from Bangkok. On delivery day, I phoned the contact in Pattaya at noon, and asked when it was coming. The guy told me it had been damaged enroute from bangkok and the new delivery was scheduled for 4 days later, on the 21st. I phoned the customer service number on the ticket, and was told it was scheduled to be delivered at the new date, 8 days after payment. I told them my delivery ticket said the 17th and want the refrigerator today, the 17th. The guy in pattaya, phoned back and said the refrigerator would be delivered at 4pm on the 17th. It came at 4:15pm, in a factory sealed box, with no damage on the outside. It was in perfect condition upon delivery.

I also got the BIG boss phone number of the Pattaya homepro store on Pattaya Klang phone number, and was told to phone him directly, if I ever have any issues again with Homepro Pattaya.

One not funny OTT post removed.

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on
the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.