Hot Spring And Accomodation

thequietman

Hi Guys,

Taking the family over to CM for a few days. MIL would like to go to the hot spring as would I. There is also a hot swimming pool, so looking forward to that, to take out my aches and pains. :)

Is there any accommodation near the spring with a restaurant ? If so, how much please ? (nothing expensive) thanks. Also ,what is the entry fee please, for the Thai family and how much for myself ( I have a Thai drivers licence and WP)

Anywhere else you would suggest I could take them around that area?

Many thanks for all your inputs.

Best Regards. wai.gif

There are cabins at the SK hotspring, last time i stayed was 800 per night, the retaurant there was good and the fresh coffee stand in the morning had fresh squeezed raw milk for your coffee/ I haven't been for couple of years so anything can change. The big advantage is having the pool to yourself at 6am and the private big furro in the room was ohhhhh soooo Lomantic !!!

Edited by daoyai

SK Hot Springs has become rather run down in the last year or two. I could not recommend it at all. There are are other hot springs right nearby which are supposed to be more upscale. I have not been so have no direct experience but next I'm going to one of the others, that's for sure.

The coffee seller has been there for years. Good coffee, but the hot springs are run down, the whole place is in need of repair and when I was there a month or two ago, the place was filthy.

SK Hot Springs has become rather run down in the last year or two. I could not recommend it at all. There are are other hot springs right nearby which are supposed to be more upscale. I have not been so have no direct experience but next I'm going to one of the others, that's for sure.

The coffee seller has been there for years. Good coffee, but the hot springs are run down, the whole place is in need of repair and when I was there a month or two ago, the place was filthy.

Hi,

its not the SK hot spring. Its the one you go past the bus station and keep going. about an hour or so out of town. there is a hot swimming pool and little private houses with baths. you can also get a massage. the last time I was there the grounds were beautiful with flowers everywhere. I hope its not the same place you are talking about. Its called Sankhampaeng Hot spring.

Edited by thequietman

He's abbreviating... SK = Sankhampaeng

Hi,

its not the SK hot spring. Its the one you go past the bus station and keep going. about an hour or so out of town. there is a hot swimming pool and little private houses with baths. you can also get a massage. the last time I was there the grounds were beautiful with flowers everywhere. I hope its not the same place you are talking about. Its called Sankhampaeng Hot spring.

• Like 1

There are cabins at the SK hotspring, last time i stayed was 800 per night, the retaurant there was good and the fresh coffee stand in the morning had fresh squeezed raw milk for your coffee/ I haven't been for couple of years so anything can change. The big advantage is having the pool to yourself at 6am and the private big furro in the room was ohhhhh soooo Lomantic !!!

[/ I'm curious as to what you mean by fresh squeezed milk for coffee. I can just visualize a cow standing beside the restaurant and every time they pour a coffee they go out and squeeze a teat. Of course this being Thailand the cow could be right inside the restaurant so they wouldn't even have to go outside.

Hi,

That's the place. You will be disappointed. Like I said, at the same junction to the SK Hot Springs there are about 2 or 3 other hot springs. You can google them. They are more upscale.

With this heat there may not be any flowers and when I was there a month or two ago the pool was so filthy that it was not usable. Everyone I saw head to the pool turned around and gave it a pass. There were a few kids in there only.

Unless the weather changes soon, CM is best avoided. Time to hit the beach, not the hills sad.png

He's right. I just got got back from 2 weeks at the beach and it was wonderful. I wish I had not come back at all. The air is absolutely terrible and when you go outside you sweat like a pig.

[/ I'm curious as to what you mean by fresh squeezed milk for coffee. I can just visualize a cow standing beside the restaurant and every time they pour a coffee they go out and squeeze a teat. Of course this being Thailand the cow could be right inside the restaurant so they wouldn't even have to go outside.

something like that, the milk was in a large steel pot, the lady said from the morning milking, it was kept over a low flame to keep it hot, it looked strange with some yellow color on top, it tasted good in the coffee. I later learned the yellow top color is mormal for 'fresh squeezed mik'. Shame about the reported conditions at the hot spring, Iused to like going there in the cold season, the "upscale' resorts are most likely too upscale for me. Edited by daoyai

If you fancy a drive, you could always go to Pai and stay at the likes of ThaPaiSpa (has several spring-fed pools & bungalows--just ask to be away from the group of Israelis) or perhaps Chae Son NP (beyond SK springs). Other than that, stay in a swanky town hotel and bung some sulphur in the Jacuzzi.

I agree with Mr Smith, though, better off the other side of Bkk.

If you fancy a drive, you could always go to Pai and stay at the likes of ThaPaiSpa (has several spring-fed pools & bungalows--just ask to be away from the group of Israelis) or perhaps Chae Son NP (beyond SK springs). Other than that, stay in a swanky town hotel and bung some sulphur in the Jacuzzi.

Funny you should mention that about the Israelis. When I was at SK Hot Springs a couple of months ago there was a large group of (about 20 or so) Israelis there. As soon as we found a quiet, shady spot to lay down the mat, they came and sat right next to us. Nothing against Israelis as they were very kind to me when I visited their beautiful country, but when they speak Hebrew it is a rather rough, loud sounding language. On top of that, this group of people were constantly arguing with one another, shouting, etc. We tried to move but there was nowhere else with any shade.

I've been at Sankhampaeng Hot spring a few months ago.

Nice place, clean, with private pool and bungalows too (a bit basic but liveable).

Perhaps the cleaning people actually showed up for work the day you were there, or some government bigwigs were coming. We have some Thai friends that have stopped going there too because it is so filthy.

Edited by elektrified

Hi,

That's the place. You will be disappointed. Like I said, at the same junction to the SK Hot Springs there are about 2 or 3 other hot springs. You can google them. They are more upscale.

With this heat there may not be any flowers and when I was there a month or two ago the pool was so filthy that it was not usable. Everyone I saw head to the pool turned around and gave it a pass. There were a few kids in there only.

hi, do you mean the pool area or the actual water in the pool ?? I am disappointed. it used to be a nice place. how much to get in now for a farang with Thai d/licence and WP ?? thanks.

Hi,

hi, do you mean the pool area or the actual water in the pool ?? I am disappointed. it used to be a nice place. how much to get in now for a farang with Thai d/licence and WP ?? thanks.

The actual water in the pool was filthy. We used to go often and enjoyed it. It has just become run down like everything does in Thailand. It is still cheap - 50-70 THB as I recall.

Funny you should mention that about the Israelis. When I was at SK Hot Springs a couple of months ago there was a large group of (about 20 or so) Israelis there. As soon as we found a quiet, shady spot to lay down the mat, they came and sat right next to us. Nothing against Israelis as they were very kind to me when I visited their beautiful country, but when they speak Hebrew it is a rather rough, loud sounding language. On top of that, this group of people were constantly arguing with one another, shouting, etc. We tried to move but there was nowhere else with any shade.

They certainly don't do themselves any favours. Have nothing against them either, but they tend not to have much regard for others. Have been caught out at a couple places in Pai. When you're there with your family at a family place and a large group of fired-up people from a 4WD tour hog half the resort and make huge noise till 2-3am, it's no fun.