Loyalty Thai Vs. Farang

Sawadeebaadoo

Do you think if it were his g/f cheating on him while he was away, the cleaners or security guards would tell him? Of course not.

-

If you went to the trouble to get them on your side, get to know them and build a relationship as real people over time, do favors and tip them occasionally, and then before you left asked them to keep an eye out for you, then of course they would.

But a Thai would never be that stupid to let other Thais observe her transgressions in the first place.

Not a 100% correct. My wife has informed me that on occasion when a Western male is away, the GF/wife will arrange to be picked up by local motorbike taxi drivers (her family members) to be dropped off at a Thai man's house/apartment. The women know the locals will not say a word to the foreigners.

If a foreigner is stupid enough to marry a woman whose relatives are motorcycle taxi drivers, then maybe they deserve the consequences.

What's wrong with motorbike taxi drivers? My Thai wife of 17 years has members of her family who do that job & not once have I had any problems with them. In the context of this topic she is loyal & I trust her implicitly. Her motorbike taxi family members have helped me out many times & are good people.

You are the stupid one posting ill informed insults upon probably tens of thousands in Thailand providing motorbike taxi services

There is nothing wrong with them.

In my country there is nothing wrong with those on a relatively equal social standing as motorcycle taxi drivers here. It is wise to marry someone of a similar social level for many reasons. I imagine there are not many farang of a similar social level as them.

Somewhat like a visitor coming to my country and marrying the dishwasher or cleaner at the hotel they were staying in.

One of the main reasons marriages fail here is because the farang hasn't a clue of the importance of social system.

Edited by Johnniey

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think if it were his g/f cheating on him while he was away, the cleaners or security guards would tell him? Of course not.

-

If you went to the trouble to get them on your side, get to know them and build a relationship as real people over time, do favors and tip them occasionally, and then before you left asked them to keep an eye out for you, then of course they would.

But a Thai would never be that stupid to let other Thais observe her transgressions in the first place.

Not a 100% correct. My wife has informed me that on occasion when a Western male is away, the GF/wife will arrange to be picked up by local motorbike taxi drivers (her family members) to be dropped off at a Thai man's house/apartment. The women know the locals will not say a word to the foreigners.

If a foreigner is stupid enough to marry a woman whose relatives are motorcycle taxi drivers, then maybe they deserve the consequences.

What's wrong with motorbike taxi drivers? My Thai wife of 17 years has members of her family who do that job & not once have I had any problems with them. In the context of this topic she is loyal & I trust her implicitly. Her motorbike taxi family members have helped me out many times & are good people.

You are the stupid one posting ill informed insults upon probably tens of thousands in Thailand providing motorbike taxi services

In my country there is nothing wrong with those on a relatively equal social standing as motorcycle taxi drivers here. It is wise to marry someone of a similar social level for many reasons. I imagine there are not many farang of a similar social level as them. Somewhat like a visitor coming to my country and marrying the dishwasher or cleaner at the hotel they were staying in. One of the main reasons marriages fail here is because the farang hasn't a clue of the importance of social system.

The divorce rate of 40% plus in places such as the UK & US. I understand the divorce rates in Thailand for foreigners marrying Thais. Naturally the lower rate in Thailand is due to foreigners infallible understanding of the social system in Thailand

Edited by simple1

Amazing Thailand? How about the Amazing mentality of some farangs living in Thailand? Let me get this straight. This guy lives in an apartment with his Thai GF, but brings other women to this same apartment when said GF is not around. Nevermind Thailand, would you do this back home? And you think no one will talk? Surely, SURELY, no one can be this stupid.

You are completely missing the point here. I am trying to learn something about thai culture, and I have chosen to open the debate, by using a spicy situation, that I sometimes have discussed with my friends. I'm actually living by myself at the moment, but that doesn't have anything to do with the subject. I'm looking for insights into thai/farang culture, and for a debate about it. Something I believe many will find interesting, and something a lot here understands, from all the constructive posts. I am not looking for moral lectures or silly comments from trolls with stones - I don't think anyone is, thanks.

-

In my country there is nothing wrong with those on a relatively equal social standing as motorcycle taxi drivers here. It is wise to marry someone of a similar social level for many reasons. I imagine there are not many farang of a similar social level as them. Somewhat like a visitor coming to my country and marrying the dishwasher or cleaner at the hotel they were staying in. One of the main reasons marriages fail here is because the farang hasn't a clue of the importance of social system.

The divorce rate of 40% plus in places such as the UK & US. I understand the divorce rates in Thailand for foreigners marrying Thais. Naturally the lower rate in Thailand is due to foreigners infallible understanding of the social system in Thailand

What is the divorce rate for thai/farang couples?

In my country there is nothing wrong with those on a relatively equal social standing as motorcycle taxi drivers here. It is wise to marry someone of a similar social level for many reasons. I imagine there are not many farang of a similar social level as them.

Somewhat like a visitor coming to my country and marrying the dishwasher or cleaner at the hotel they were staying in.

One of the main reasons marriages fail here is because the farang hasn't a clue of the importance of social system.

-

This is certainly one of the remaining areas where each person has absolute rights to exercise their own judgement.

But to me, choosing who you marry based on similarity of socioeconomic class is an absolutely abhorrent idea, as would be race, nationality, religion or any other superficiality.

I guess I can see it if the only objective is "fitting in" with your neighbors for those stuck in a particular social/cultural niche, and for whom staying together your entire lives is the main goal rather than love, excitement, adventure and joy.

• Like 2

Secrets of a successful marriage

Starts off with:

Anyone who tells you their rules for a happy marriage doesn't have one. There's a truth universally acknowledged, or one that ought to be anyway.

But then goes ahead and gives some - to me the best I've come across so far:

Be lit by lust, enlightened by laughter, settle into loyalty, and if loyalty seems too mired, return to lust by way of laughter.

Edited by FunFon

In general, Thais are more loyal to Thais. Women are more loyal to women. Family more to family. People more so to whoever will benefit them the most. Ask where you fit in relation to another person and you will have your answer. As a farang in los, you will likely be last to know and the first others know about.

Sent from my PC36100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

-

What is the divorce rate for thai/farang couples?

Cannot find exact rate, but below are some quotes from various sources.

Large majority of marriages between Thai women and foreigners are successful over a 10 year period.

The divorce rate for American men who marry foreign women approximately 20%.

In Thailand the divorce rate is relatively low, at around 0.58 per 1,000 people, compared to 4.95 for the United States and 3.08 for the United Kingdom. There are no clear statistics for how many Thai/foreign marriages last, although in 2007 in the north-eastern province of Khon Kaen 142 divorce cases were filed from Thais married to foreigners in just three months, far more than the norm. At the time a leading official said it seemed that the Thai women had become disillusioned with their relationships.

Edited by simple1

I would never trust Thai people to keep a secret.

Yesterday my wife made a strawberry jelly and while she was out chatting with a neighbor, I stole a couple of quick mouthfuls.

My daughter saw me and when the wife came back indoors my daughter grassed me up and informed my wife of my dastardly crime.

Nasty, real nasty.

Oh yes, nearly forgot, a warning to the OP, sorry, I mean his friend: never <deleted> on you`re own doorstep.

And if you ever have to, make sure you don't slip in it.......................thumbsup.gif

I trust the British, Australian and Americans.

The colonials are no where near as bad as some paint them.

I quite like the Germans, Japanese and Koreans too.

French, not for me slimy little buggers at best.

Thais are great/not so great depending on how beneficial you can be to them. Watch how that friendliness turns sour once they realise you are not fresh off the boat and want to buy them land/house/business in their name woo hoo!

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6A using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by britgent

Is this not another rule 7 thread? How can the OP ask questions which encompass 60 million Thais? Is there some sort of competition (hint: Vs) between Thais and non-Thais? How about actually befriending a few Thais rather than condemning the whole nation? I've had Thai friends for the past 20 years and I'd trust them much more than I'd trust the vast majority of my own countrymen.

• Like 1

Is this not another rule 7 thread? How can the OP ask questions which encompass 60 million Thais? Is there some sort of competition (hint: Vs) between Thais and non-Thais? How about actually befriending a few Thais rather than condemning the whole nation? I've had Thai friends for the past 20 years and I'd trust them much more than I'd trust the vast majority of my own countrymen.

It was a question. Don't be afraid of a question/debate. Peolpe are not the same all over the world you know. It's not about right and wrong - it's about our differences.

You presume that every 'farang' here in Thailand is 'educated'? Financially superior?

Totally baseless presumption.biggrin.png

You presume that every 'farang' here in Thailand is 'educated'? Financially superior?

Totally baseless presumption.

-

And your baseless presumption in turn is that there is something wrong with educated well-off farangs choosing to marry into the underclass here in Thailand.

For me nothing wrong with it at all, I find such people to be far better human beings than Thais with money.

You just have to be smart about how you go about it, not be plain stupid yourself that's all. Which would go even more so fishing in the "higher-class" waters IMO. . .

• Like 1

It was a question. Don't be afraid of a question/debate. Peolpe are not the same all over the world you know. It's not about right and wrong - it's about our differences.

Really? What was the question? I know 'people are not the same all over the world' but your "question" implied that Thais and Farang are collectively all the same when you asked about their respective loyalties.

21 replies, and where's the OP? Somebody better check on his well-being. Maybe the GF is back.

My guess is he thought about it and did the right thing and told his girlfriend what he had been doing while she was away ... Hence he is probably out hunting his privates in some trash bin between his flat and the bus station . Follow the blood trail my friend . Rules of the road He who sh-ts in his own back yard should not hunt worms in yard at night ......... Barefoot no less ......