Young Men Arrested For Fight With Briton In Pattaya

Lite Beer

One off topic post removed
To the originator of that post please understand that Thai Visa post news as is from local news sources, and

that Thai Tele Vision is nothing to do with Thai Visa.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes please. Because I can't say I make a habit of walking around Pattaya at breakfast time drunk. Do you?

I have done many times. In my younger days especially, not too much these days mind you, but it was all good fun. You should try it.

Your point is...?

>Point is that could of been anyone attacked and anything you say is speculation. Did I really need to add 2 + 2 for you?

Yes please. Because I can't say I make a habit of walking around Pattaya at breakfast time drunk. Do you?

And as a diver, I DO know Pattaya in the morning.

Same time I've never witnessed a bunch of cowardly pack hunters beating one bloke in broad daylight with loads of bystanders doing nothing....have you? Especially when he's drunk and unable to defend himself.......

I wen't for three days - I was not sober at any point - morning.noon, and night. Being 20 something at the time I still thought it was a horrible/seedy place. Funnily enough I had a pharang diver trying to pressure me into signing a days diving in between taking a girl off for an hour...... My mate wen't for it - ironically his instructor/him nearly got killed by a boat in the 'safe zone' or whatever you call it. The instructor had his flipper cut...you may/may not have heard about that but all the same it's way off topic.

Well I like a late start late finish drink so am often out 6am and thats when it starts really warming up.....

That's why 'normal' BM's don't ever see this side of things because they are at home asleep. Not knocking their choice just the ignorance to accept things do go bump in the night.

Edited by Para

So sources said the guy was a goose. The guy himself says he wasn't.

Why are some taking the guys story as gospel. Just because he is the guy doesn't mean what he says is true.

He was pissed so his 'view' may not be the same as others.

The level of his state of 'lubrication' isn't really the issue...or should all drunks in Thailand get a bashing...?

Yes as long as they are tourists and well outnumbered.

Why are some taking the guys story as gospel. Just because he is the guy doesn't mean what he says is true.

Nothings being taken for nothing on my part. Here is the facts:

He got beaten nearly to death.

8 + Thais joined in kicking him shitless.

He was in the bar drunk.

The only injured party was him - I.E the woman he supposedly hit was either not injured/damaged ( which in itself doesn't make sense )

He broke an item - why would that be an issue at all or need to be supplied as a reason for the attack, for me hitting a woman is a million times worse.

Posters have come on here offering someone elses take on the matter. Whilst also telling us that this person also stood by and allowed this to happen. What kind of an <deleted> would do that...not one I would be prepared to believe over the guy who has been assaulted and had the bottle to come on here and face the arm chair critics.....

Can you give me any other facts? Nothing that would make me believe a pack beating was warranted that I can assure you.

Firstly I was the person that was assaulted and before you all jump on the band wagon and say I deserved to have the shit,kicked out of me. There are always two sides of a story and although I was a bit worse for where I did not or would not ever hit a woman, we were having words with the girl behind the bar who said that we had broken a cue, we were not even playing pool,but according to the paper we broke something else. The police have told me it was a cue, still don't believe it. We were about to leave when we were attacked, at no time we we were throwing balls or hitting people with a cue. I did throw one ball after being attacked,as there was nothing else to use as the Thai lads had all the cues beating me.the police have told me that I was rowing with the owner and the Thais were protecting her, but at no stage I laid a hand on her.even if I had broken something i did not deserve what was handed out.to the other guy saying I am using my army career as excuse is talking ball, I also never said I was a marine I was RCT and proud of it. To the other guy that said he had mates there that saw it all you are telling lies, you also said a para medic guy just stood and watched shame on him.Lastly someone said I am a know thug, I am a family man that's been here 9 years and run a local football team. Please get you facts right before you slate someone.

Just as I suspected a few too many beers and a bit rowdy, I can honestly say I do hope those that think you deserved a pack of dogs booting you senseless do not experience the same....they will change their tune.

Yes funny how so many Thai visa posters were similar to the Thais in being quick to get the boot in.

As I stated before it doesn't take much for a bunch of Thais to start whacking someone especially if it is perceived that he is an easy mark ie alone or drunk

It happens so frequently yet we still have many posters in denial using the same old arguments eg It hasn't happened to me and I know how to behave etc etc

Whilst they can keep getting away with beating up farangs without fear of prosecution don't expect anything to change in the near future.

• Like 2

Firstly I was the person that was assaulted and before you all jump on the band wagon and say I deserved to have the shit,kicked out of me. There are always two sides of a story and although I was a bit worse for where I did not or would not ever hit a woman, we were having words with the girl behind the bar who said that we had broken a cue, we were not even playing pool,but according to the paper we broke something else. The police have told me it was a cue, still don't believe it. We were about to leave when we were attacked, at no time we we were throwing balls or hitting people with a cue. I did throw one ball after being attacked,as there was nothing else to use as the Thai lads had all the cues beating me.the police have told me that I was rowing with the owner and the Thais were protecting her, but at no stage I laid a hand on her.even if I had broken something i did not deserve what was handed out.to the other guy saying I am using my army career as excuse is talking ball, I also never said I was a marine I was RCT and proud of it. To the other guy that said he had mates there that saw it all you are telling lies, you also said a para medic guy just stood and watched shame on him.Lastly someone said I am a know thug, I am a family man that's been here 9 years and run a local football team. Please get you facts right before you slate someone.

Just as I suspected a few too many beers and a bit rowdy, I can honestly say I do hope those that think you deserved a pack of dogs booting you senseless do not experience the same....they will change their tune.

Yes funny how so many Thai visa posters were similar to the Thais in being quick to get the boot in.

As I stated before it doesn't take much for a bunch of Thais to start whacking someone especially if it is perceived that he is an easy mark ie alone or drunk

It happens so frequently yet we still have many posters in denial using the same old arguments eg It hasn't happened to me and I know how to behave etc etc

Whilst they can keep getting away with beating up farangs without fear of prosecution don't expect anything to change in the near future.

All the same traits as pack animals. Difference is these ones online can read and write!

• Like 2

The level of his state of 'lubrication' isn't really the issue...or should all drunks in Thailand get a bashing...?

Of course not but if you cant hold your liquor and start a row your not exactly a lamb are you.

Get drunk all you want and as long as you are not rowing or making a nuisance of you nobody will care and neither will I.

But drunks that start fights are a different story when they get kicked I feel no pity. Though like i said before in this case it was way over the top. You don't kick someone who is down.

Hi level of lubrication is certainly an issue when determining if he has a decent recollection of what he did.
  • Like 1

He was in the bar drunk.

The only injured party was him - I.E the woman he supposedly hit was either not injured/damaged ( which in itself doesn't make sense )

He broke an item - why would that be an issue at all or need to be supplied as a reason for the attack, for me hitting a woman is a million times worse.

Posters have come on here offering someone elses take on the matter. Whilst also telling us that this person also stood by and allowed this to happen. What kind of an <deleted> would do that...not one I would be prepared to believe over the guy who has been assaulted and had the bottle to come on here and face the arm chair critics.....

Can you give me any other facts? Nothing that would make me believe a pack beating was warranted that I can assure you.

Why are saying they are facts? You are hearing it from the guy that was beaten, of course he is going to paint himself in the best possible light.

He was in the bar drunk.

Why are saying they are facts? You are hearing it from the guy that was beaten, of course he is going to paint himself in the best possible light.

Please watch the you tube clip and read the whole thread, pay attention to page 3.

I have no sympathy with tourists or expats that go looking for trouble & find it & when yobs that misbehave get a DESERVED slap or two im actually quite happy.

However there does seen to be a far too rapid escalation of minor incidents in this Country that results in excessive thuggery & force from people whom it simply has nothing to do with! An argument in a bar should result in the guy being ejected from the bar nothing more. It certainly doesnt justify what was seen on the video, an over the top beating of an older guy by cowards. Unfortunately a lot of people on here seem to kiss the ass of anything Thai & always back their actions no matter how disgusting or OTT it may be.

As stated if the situation was reversed and in the UK an elderly foreigner was captured on video being beaten sensless by a group of men it would be all over the news & the sympathy rightly would be all with the victim.

Edited by blink
  • Like 1

Some of you guys really miss the point, there ain't no rules in street fights.....you get involved for whatever reason best to be in a state to take care of yourself....being the worse for wear is not a good starting point, in fact more likely to give would be attackers much more incentive. Hence the guy is not attracting total sympathy from some here, but I'm sure nobody really truly thinks that the level of violence was 'deserved'

I have no sympathy with tourists or expats that go looking for trouble & find it & when yobs that misbehave get a DESERVED slap or two im actually quite happy.

However there does seen to be a far too rapid escalation of minor incidents in this Country that results in excessive thuggery & force from people whom it simply has nothing to do with! An argument in a bar should result in the guy being ejected from the bar nothing more. It certainly doesnt justify what was seen on the video, an over the top beating of an older guy by cowards. Unfortunately a lot of people on here seem to kiss the ass of anything Thai & always back their actions no matter how disgusting or OTT it may.

As stated if the situation was reversed and in the UK an elderly foreigner was captured on video being beaten sensless by a group of men it would be all over the news & the sympathy rightly would be all with the victim.

That video to me looks like nothing more than opportunist wannabe tough men that come in for a quick hit while they can, knowing the victim is unable to fight back.

Total scum.

He was in the bar drunk.

Please watch the you tube clip and read the whole thread, pay attention to page 3.

Yes done that. So, what are the facts?

Or you just now taking the word of a person who was drunk.

However there does seen to be a far too rapid escalation of minor incidents in this Country that results in excessive thuggery & force from people whom it simply has nothing to do with! An argument in a bar should result in the guy being ejected from the bar nothing more. It certainly doesnt justify what was seen on the video, an over the top beating of an older guy by cowards. Unfortunately a lot of people on here seem to kiss the ass of anything Thai & always back their actions no matter how disgusting or OTT it may.

That video to me looks like nothing more than opportunist wannabe tough men that come in for a quick hit while they can, knowing the victim is unable to fight back.

Total scum.

Exactly the original altercation most likely had NOTHING AT ALL to do with them, Lets just savagely beat up an older farang who has done nothing to us, IT Stinks. I have seen a few minor altercations in bars escalate very quickly.Seen Just lady bar owner & staff handle one drunk easily kicking the 'offender' & picking up bottles in the blink of an eye.

Yes done that. So, what are the facts?

Or you just now taking the word of a person who was drunk.

I gave you the facts I have found, I have also asked if you can find any others, I'd be glad to hear them.

I kinda get the impression that if the sober family man had visited the bar for breakfast that morning there would not be a thread here today. Get well soon.

Did you not see the animals that did not even look like they had anything to do with that situation all pile in once the poor sod was on the deck?

Yes to me that was the most sickening part of the video, to watch Thai guys rushing in with blood lust to get the boot in....

It was certainly interesting to hear the side of the guy that got beaten up. It was about what I expected. It does not take much of a dispute for a bunch of Thai guys to start working you over. I have logged a fair amount of time in bars here, :-) ,

and it is fairly easy to get into a dispute over a bill that has been padded. I would be curious to know the origin of this problem. But no matter the dispute, no one deserves a beating by a pack of thugs......

Edited by EyesWideOpen

The simple truth here and possible education for us all is - never under any circumstance have a dispute with a bar owner in walking street - it has been proven time and time again over the years that the MB Taxi drivers and others in the area are ready and more than willing to get involved as a gang using weapons they have stashed in various places nearby - they will beat you to a pulp and take great pleasure doing it

If you are in a bar on walking street and you find an error in your bill or are accused of something that you did or didn't do you are in big trouble if you try to dispute the issue - you will be set upon by the local soi dogs and end up either severely injured or dead - this sort of sh#$t goes down on the beach everyday were tourists are victims of assault and violent threats, I have witnessed a few of these attacks on WS and read about many more

This particular incident that was caught on camera offers a very close insite as to what to expect from these thugs - and for those that live here and don't frequent WS I'll bet part of the reason is the fact that it's a dangerous place

• Like 1

The simple truth here and possible education for us all is - never under any circumstance have a dispute with a bar owner in walking street - it has been proven time and time again over the years that the MB Taxi drivers and others in the area are ready and more than willing to get involved as a gang using weapons they have stashed in various places nearby - they will beat you to a pulp and take great pleasure doing it

He has been living here for 7 years , he should have known better . Just another expat with an alcohol problem . I feel sorry for him and his family .

• Like 1

If you are in a bar on walking street and you find an error in your bill or are accused of something that you did or didn't do you are in big trouble if you try to dispute the issue - you will be set upon by the local soi dogs and end up either severely injured or dead - this sort of sh#$t goes down on the beach everyday were tourists are victims of assault and violent threats, I have witnessed a few of these attacks on WS and read about many more

This particular incident that was caught on camera offers a very close insite as to what to expect from these thugs - and for those that live here and don't frequent WS I'll bet part of the reason is the fact that it's a dangerous place

Smedley I totally agree with what you are saying problem is getting ripped off when sober you make (logical) allowances for it after all TiT right? Throw a few drinks in and its not always a case of getting brave but getting bored with the way a lot of tourists are taken for fools.

As you say and I will repeat it for the BM's that are tucked up in bed by 10pm it happens all the time. These dogs don't need provoking they hang around waiting for it. Here is a YT clip I am sure you have all seen before but shows how if its not a pack in front it will be a sucker punch from behind.

Some of you guys really miss the point, there ain't no rules in street fights.....you get involved for whatever reason best to be in a state to take care of yourself....being the worse for wear is not a good starting point, in fact more likely to give would be attackers much more incentive. Hence the guy is not attracting total sympathy from some here, but I'm sure nobody really truly thinks that the level of violence was 'deserved'

What are you on about?

This isn't a 'street fight' . This is an assault.

If you want to learn about 'street fights' and the 'rules', step away from your keyboard or stop posting <deleted> laddie....but then I suppose you're a lad from off the cobbles who knows all the rules?

The fact remains, which is eluding all of the drunk wannabe Rotarians who have never drunk a beer nor married a tart here, is that they know nothing of the facts but want to attack an old man albeit via a computer knowing only half the story (I'll say nowt about facts)

Edited by Rimmer
  • Like 2

What are you on about?

This isn't a 'street fight' you bellend. This is an assault.

If you want to learn about 'street fights' and the 'rules', step away from your keyboard or stop posting <deleted> laddie....but then I suppose you're a lad from off the cobbles who knows all the rules?

The fact remains, which is eluding all of the drunk wannabe Rotarians who have never drunk a beer nor married a tart here, is that they know nothing of the facts but want to attack an old man albeit via a computer knowing only half the story (I'll say nowt about facts)

this had absolutely nothing to do with street fighting - it's about what to expect if you as a customer have a disagreement with a bar owner/manager in WS - you will get the treatment if you don't comply even if you are right - damage to a pool cue or accidently knocking over a hooka pipe (which was probably sitting at the entrance - sounds similar to damage to a jetski - pay up or I'll get the soi dogs on you

personally I stay away from WS

this had absolutely nothing to do with street fighting - it's about what to expect if you as a customer have a disagreement with a bar owner/manager in WS - you will get the treatment if you don't comply even if you are right - damage to a pool cue or accidently knocking over a hooka pipe (which was probably sitting at the entrance - sounds similar to damage to a jetski - pay up or I'll get the soi dogs on you

personally I stay away from WS

Unable to even negotiate a few basic problems through.

I've had disagreements aplenty in Pattaya yet have solved them amicably and with no recourse to violence of this nature.

Edited by Rimmer
Flame