Amazon.com Won't Accept Paypal.

I have Googled this and the only way is to get a PapPAL debit card and they won't give them to people living outside America.

I need to get a debit debit card from AIB Ireland.

Is this the only way around it and will I have to go home to get the debit card.

At the moment I order my books with KINOKUNIYA in Bangkok,over the phone,C.O.D.

The books are slightly more expensive than amazon but the shipping is 300 to 400 Baht for about 3 books.

The only reason I want to change to Amazon is that they do 2nd hand books at about a quarter the price on KINOKUNIYA.

Anyone been through this one before.

Are you american,

Do you need to be american to use the shipping company's adress for your dabit card

IS it more expensive this way

i have a brother in america could i use his address for my debit card and my thai address for my

delivery address.

it's getting complicated.I will look into ordering an irish debit card from thailand

I've done a few searches on eBay but they don't have the books I want.

Even Kinokuniya takes a month to find the books I order.

Amazon has everything I search for,but a nice try just the same

If you want a comprehensive listing of book availability Amazon has only a small percentage of the total available compared to using http://www.bookfinder.com

Best book search engine on the planet.

Edited by yoshiwara

It does not totally overcome the payment by Paypal issue but my solution to getting books easily and cheaper was to buy a Kindle. It arrived in 4 days and I read a lot so it paid for itself in about a month just from avoiding postage. Books are usually not cheaper than the paper version would be in the US but usually cheaper than buying here. I use Calibre software to organize my books and that also allows me to get e-books from other suppliers and convert to read on Kindle so you are not limited to Amazon. A lot of classics or older books are available free on the internet. A big plus for Thailand is it works great in sunlight (tablets don't). Great for travelling as the battery lasts ages and save carrying a stack of heavy books.

There are obviously downsides. Depending on what you read not everything is available as an e-book. Without breaking the security you cannot share Amazon books when you have read them. The small screen does not work well for books with lots of maps and pictures. PDFs do not convert very well. There is also something nice about a phsical book and they are easier to flick through as a reference book.

I solve this my amazon shipments go to a US address first. I have a US address for my paypal and paypal debit card which is a private shipping and forwarding company in Oregon, USA. They even group shipments for me. You can google US shipping forwarding companies in Oregon. Oregon is also tax free. I also have a free google voice phone number to in the US registered with paypal.

I have a US address for my PayPal debit card as well, but Amazon will still ship here, even if its billing address is in the US. To them it's just a MasterCard, the payment goes through one way or another. I also have a Thai PayPal account, but don't know if it's possible to get a debit card for that one. Hope you can work something out . . . .

Are you american,

Do you need to be american to use the shipping company's adress for your dabit card

IS it more expensive this way

i have a brother in america could i use his address for my debit card and my thai address for my

delivery address.

it's getting complicated.I will look into ordering an irish debit card from thailand

No you do not need to be American, and I do use a secondary Thai address for shipping sometimes.

WOW,

Have you seen this bookfinder.com site,it,huge and price seem very reasonable,

I searched one book,price in euros,deliver to Thailand,price including shipping,

I got 69 results for the one book,

The first company didn't take PayPal,the second company did that's the only snag.

Is there a way to sort that out.Like search for companies that accept PayPal.

It dwarfs Amazon.

I thought all second hand books on Amazon were sold by private sellers and that they aren't allowed to ship to Amazon. I've never been able to buy anything from an Amazon 3rd party and have it shipped here.

Why don't you get a Kindle? Much easier. Although some Kindle book prices are a complete rip-off.

Edited by davejones

I solve this my amazon shipments go to a US address first. I have a US address for my paypal and paypal debit card which is a private shipping and forwarding company in Oregon, USA. They even group shipments for me. You can google US shipping forwarding companies in Oregon. Oregon is also tax free. I also have a free google voice phone number to in the US registered with paypal.

Exactly. I use one in Tillamook Oregon. (Home of Tillamook cheddar cheese. :) ) That is my registered address. It even works for my Oregon Driver's license and my US residence. That way I am always a resident of the US, and they will mail forward anything for me. I just have to keep some money with them for their small shipping/forwarding charges. All of my bills go there first, although all of my regular bills can be seen and paid online so I don't use paper for any of that.

Because I pay all of my bills online and on time, it doesn't matter if the mailed bill shows up late. Therefore I have the forwarding service forward to me just once a week. If I want something faster, I just tell them and they watch for it and send it immediately.

As said, Oregon has no sales tax, shipping charges are modest, sellers don't balk at shipping to me, and paypal is linked to a US bank, as are all credit and debit cards. Often Amazon offers free shipping, as do some ebay sellers, so the price is net of any taxes or shipping except from Tillamook to where I am atm.

Any time I change locations, I just notify them and I'm golden.

WOW,

I searched one book,price in euros,deliver to Thailand,price including shipping,

The first company didn't take PayPal,the second company did that's the only snag.

It dwarfs Amazon.

I have managed to download more than 6,000 good books for free. Just sayin'.

zzbook-1.jpg

WOW,

It dwarfs Amazon.

No you cannot filter for payment options, just have to work through the listings.

Note there is an option for Abebooks sellers to indicate if they do.

Picked up on Bookfinder but also lists separately http://www.abebooks.com/ and http://www.abebooks.co.uk/

It's not much of a problem to go through the sellers and find the ones that take PayPal.I'd say you get to know them fast.

I will still use Amazon to browse for books and read reviews e.c.t.

But I won't be doing any business with them.

I teach English as well and was having terrible trouble importing text books.

Nice tip Yoshiwara mate.