webfact

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

possible scenarios here;

- someone misread the word Troy ounce for Ton (still would have a fair value though)
- Thailand is sitting on over 50 Trillion (yes with a T) USD worth of gold at today's goldprice.

In case of scenario 3, better get my Thai citizenship real fast!

Edited by Rimmer

Oddly Akara Mining mentioned in the text has a capacity to process.......yep ....1 million tonnes a year.

This must be nonsense - 1 million tonnes of gold.

Indeed if mined at 440,000 tons per anum, works out at about two years worth of mining! Something doesn't add up?

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Mining only takes place one day of the year and it looks like they hit a major vein here at TV ... as always.

I'm thinking this is an April Fool - but the problem with the news in Thailand, that there is so much nonsense it's difficult to differentiate. I would of thought that Chalerm would have made some form of announcement today as well, although he's a Daily fool.

• Like 1

Is this some kind of government trick to try and sweeten the two trillion budget bill that will break Thailand ?? Yeah as soon as I saw this story I thought of the fabled lost Japanese gold that was going to turn all Thai people rich overnight...

possible scenarios here;

- someone misread the word Troy ounce for Ton (still would have a fair value though)

- Thailand is sitting on over 50 Trillion (yes with a T) USD worth of gold at today's goldprice.

In case of scenario 3, better get my Thai citizenship real fast!

You forgot one scenario...whistling.gif

Seriously - this is April fools day. An exeptional high yield is about 8.8 grams/ton ( 1 ton of rock mined) Work it out how many tons should be mined to produce 1 million tons of gold.

At the end of 2009, it was estimated that all the gold ever mined totaled 165,000 tonnes.

1 million tonnes of gold? Laughable. It's probably an estimated 1 million tonnes of newly discovered gold ORE deposits, which is not to be confused with 1 million tonnes of pure gold.

The Tungkum mine PRODUCED 17,845 ounces of gold in 2007. That's roughly 543 kilogrammes, i.e. about half a ton. For this yield it had to PROCESS (i.e. mine, smelt and refine) approximately 400,000 tonnes of ore.

'Nuff said.

1 million tons of gold ORE would be about 5 tons of the refined mineral. A sizable find to be sure, but not "enough to free Thailand from it's current and future debt burden".

Edited by Zolt

Almost certainly only a million tonnes of clay. This is possibly top of the list of the dumbest claims ever to come out of Thailand, and that is an awful big list.

Exactly!! "a million tonnes of gold", someone is playing with themselves. 55555

This is the sort of story that one would (or has come to) expect) to hear in Thailand (about Thailand)

Very good! April 1st...can not believe how many are falling for the stories! Especially the driving on other side of road one! Quality!

1 Million tons of gold....be surprised if there is that much in existence in the world! Lol

I'm thinking this is an April Fool - but the problem with the news in Thailand, that there is so much nonsense it's difficult to differentiate. I would of thought that Chalerm would have made some form of announcement today as well, although he's a Daily fool.

"...is so much nonsense it's difficult to differentiate" Never a truer statement !
  • Like 1

I actually own shares in these companies, via my Nigerian-based investment holding-company, but would be willing to sell them at-a-discount for a swift sale, as I believe there are major opportunities for investors in the new high-speed passenger-railway network. cool.png

I would love to join you in this generous opportunity and I'll buy 20 million of your shares.

To help me to achieve this, please publish your bank details so that I can rush my payment to you.

wai2.gif

• Like 1