Good Eating In And Around Doi Saket And San Sai

1Gringo

shame on me!

I forgot to mention the best Khao Soi in CM is also on that road leading to Choo and Noi's but well before. it's a non-desceipt place on the left and it's only open days. no name on that spot, either.

some English spoken there but not much.

To each their own, but........ how can you talk about all the good places to eat out in the Doi Saket area and not even mintion Gunther's G & M ????

Gunther is a great guy and speaks, German, English, Thai , and Chang.

In the immortal words of Gene Autry....... Try it, you'll like it...

• Like 2

Another "best" khao soi. My good khao soi restaurant is on the 121 Saraphi south ring, north side, opposite moo baan thawangtan, there is a pepsi cola sign. Good sateh also.

BTW, Thanks for your review.

Edited by Joop50

shame on me!

I forgot to mention the best Khao Soi in CM is also on that road leading to Choo and Noi's but well before. it's a non-desceipt place on the left and it's only open days. no name on that spot, either.

some English spoken there but not much.

his name is angelo not anthony

Sausage King Garden Restaurant is located in sansai of the 121 and i have been their twice now and can get a big breakfast 99 baht and Indian kebabs,burgers etc.well priced and clean food.

Sausage King Garden Restaurant GPS: 18.833170,99.020146

Also cafe vino just across from sausage king have a great wine buffet and Thai fusion food

• Like 1

nice review gringo; I like the good ole down to earth reviews...say it how it is...better than those ponsy "egon ronay" reviews we get from some members who like to describe the tablecloths.

seems like you missed some big names in that vicinity though, and look forward to your trip report with whoevers wife you decide to take

Must admit as a Doi Saketer I knew a few of them and you haven't really sold me on the rest, not blaming your review just that there is little out this way worth making the effort for, I do rate Sausage Kings food though and their Saturday Kebab special is really good. House of Palm is another you didn't mention, not bad Thai food in a nice setting though a tad expensive, I see a lot of elderly expats at Taweechol for the Sunday lunch buffet but haven't tried it myself.

Thanks for sharing though biggrin.png

Edited by anonymouse

• 6 months later...

I'll bump this topic, rather than start a new one, as it just adds another "find" for good eating in the Doi Saket area. It's called "Le Cafe Doisaket," with Jean a real culinary artiste.

A French cafe primarily, but also with Thai and other European cuisines. Down the Tao Garden road, left hand side, just before you hit the Moo Baan (Talad Mai) adjacent to Tao Garden (the Tao Garden road, adequately marked, is a left turn, off of 118, a mile or so past the exit into Doi Saket -- then a several mile journey to Le Cafe, with a Chinese cemetery marking the one-third point).

Anyway, great eats -- and a nice sojourn to the countryside outside CM proper.

Google on 'le cafe doisaket' or click on these facebook and tripadvisor links (the latter link with other Doi Saket places to visit).

https://www.facebook.com/Le.Cafe.Doisaket

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g1961657-d4994729-Reviews-Le_Cafe_Doi_Saket-Doi_Saket.html

Bon appetit.

• Like 1

Yes, the owner.s name is Angelo not Anthony and the name of the restaurant is: SOLE E LUNA. They are closed on Wed. Open 11.30 am - 22.00. Angelo takes pizza orders over the phone and you can pick them up without waiting. Good food , nice people.

Thanks 1 Gringo for a feedback

I'll bump this topic, rather than start a new one, as it just adds another "find" for good eating in the Doi Saket area. It's called "Le Cafe Doisaket," with Jean a real culinary artiste.

A French cafe primarily, but also with Thai and other European cuisines. Down the Tao Garden road, left hand side, just before you hit the Moo Baan (Talad Mai) adjacent to Tao Garden (the Tao Garden road, adequately marked, is a left turn, off of 118, a mile or so past the exit into Doi Saket -- then a several mile journey to Le Cafe, with a Chinese cemetery marking the one-third point).

Anyway, great eats -- and a nice sojourn to the countryside outside CM proper.

Google on 'le cafe doisaket' or click on these facebook and tripadvisor links (the latter link with other Doi Saket places to visit).

https://www.facebook.com/Le.Cafe.Doisaket

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g1961657-d4994729-Reviews-Le_Cafe_Doi_Saket-Doi_Saket.html

Bon appetit.

Thanks for that JIm, I'll take a look.

I'd like to add a mention for the Dairy Goat Cafe which is pretty much next door to Locanda. The food is OK, standard Thai food but cooked with goats milk to give it a different flavour. They do have Goats Cheese but every time I've been there they are out of stock. But if you are with kids it's a nice place to stop and feed the goats, you can feed the younger ones with a bottle, have a drink yourself [nice goats milk vanilla milkshakes] and then head next door to Locanda for some better grub.

To each their own, but........ how can you talk about all the good places to eat out in the Doi Saket area and not even mintion Gunther's G & M ????

Gunther is a great guy and speaks, German, English, Thai , and Chang.

In the immortal words of Gene Autry....... Try it, you'll like it...

Gonzo says Gunther speaks Chang. I'll pass that along to my pachyderm pals in Doi Saket. Thanks for the tip.