Where Can I Buy The Cheapest Brand Name Whey Protein?

TingTong187

Hi guys,

Has anybody here tried ProFlex Whey's pure isolate or pure concentrate? I am the operations manager at ProFlex, not trying to break any rules, so I hope this post is OK with the mods.

Full disclosure; all local brands (such as us) source protein from the USA or Aus/NZ, so saying the protein is of higher quality from imported brands isn't necessarily true. A lot of brands here do blend with other milk powders or flavours, so beware when reading the front of labels, always take a look at the ingredients tables at the back as that will give you the true amount of what's in the box, as well as let you determine what is the actual grams/serve content for protein. Thai FDA approval is very hard to obtain, but the laws that regulate advertising on packaging are very lax, which has led to a lot of bullsh*t numbers on front labels.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys,

Has anybody here tried ProFlex Whey's pure isolate or pure concentrate? I am the operations manager at ProFlex, not trying to break any rules, so I hope this post is OK with the mods.

Full disclosure; all local brands (such as us) source protein from the USA or Aus/NZ, so saying the protein is of higher quality from imported brands isn't necessarily true. A lot of brands here do blend with other milk powders or flavours, so beware when reading the front of labels, always take a look at the ingredients tables at the back as that will give you the true amount of what's in the box, as well as let you determine what is the actual grams/serve content for protein. Thai FDA approval is very hard to obtain, but the laws that regulate advertising on packaging are very lax, which has led to a lot of bullsh*t numbers on front labels.

At the prices I can find on the internet of 1600 Bht/700gr, it must contain some pure gold.

Hi guys,

At the prices I can find on the internet of 1600 Bht/700gr, it must contain some pure gold.

That's certainly a higher than average price for our products, especially online. May I ask where you found this price? The standard retail price for our 100% Isolate Pure is ~THB1300 for the 700gram sized cartons, and subtract another 10% if you are looking online.

I am currently in the Netherlands (short holiday) but I am amazed at the price of whey here I had expected it to be a lot cheaper as in Thailand.. but that is not really the case. Sure I can find it a bit cheaper but not by a large margin.

• 1 month later...

I am currently in the Netherlands (short holiday) but I am amazed at the price of whey here I had expected it to be a lot cheaper as in Thailand.. but that is not really the case. Sure I can find it a bit cheaper but not by a large margin.

Whey protein is apparently not the only (legal) way to increase muscle growth. Here is an interesting article I found and I would appreciate some input from guys who have tried any or all of these supplements, and if they're available (imported) in Pattaya:

https://www.yahoo.com/health/10-sports-supplements-that-actually-work-99004096077.htm

Edited by MZurf

Whey protein is apparently not the only (legal) way to increase muscle growth. Here is an interesting article I found and I would appreciate some input from guys who have tried any or all of these supplements, and if they're available (imported) in Pattaya:

https://www.yahoo.com/health/10-sports-supplements-that-actually-work-99004096077.htm

I know most of you have heard this before, but I can't resist repeating it again....smile.png

If any of you think that consuming a protein supplement will increase muscle gains, you're sadly mistaken. This is just marketing bunk from 100's of bodybuilding supplement companies putting fancy labels on whey protein and promising the earth. It's absolute nonsense and you won't find a single scientific study showing that people who consume a normal diet will gain more muscle by consuming whey protein.
All the big guys on the labels are using juice (steroids and much much more). You won't get like that naturally - it's impossible. If anyone says they have, they're lying. Young and naive meat heads are an easy sell. You've got professional bodybuilders who use basket's full of drugs every month (1000's of dollars) endorsing their signature whey protein brands. It's a big con and I'm surprised that anyone falls for it. Of course they can't tell you the truth, because they are using illegal drugs and they need the profits (from you guys) to pay for their "habit".
The only time that it will be of any benefit is if your diet is amino acid deficient (it's the amino acids your body needs, not the whole protein - and vegetable sources will provide them too), which would be rare among natural bodybuilders.
The quantity of muscle that a natural bodybuilder can gain on a daily basis would be in the low gram range.
Let's put this into numbers: If a natural bodybuilder could gain 0.5kg of lean muscle per month, that would be 6kg in a year.. or 13.2 lbs. That would be a huge achievement.
That would work out to a net muscle gain of 16.7 grams per day. How much excess protein above maintenance levels would be required to gain that much? Not much. A major part of that 16.7 grams would be water and carbohydrates (muscle glycogen), not muscle filaments.
I've used a lot of whey protein, but I use it as a meal replacement when I'm tired and too lazy to prepare a real meal... usually after an exhausting workout. Necessary? No. Convenient? Yes. Did I gain more muscle from it? No. I used it more to lean out than anything else, because my total calorie intake for the day would be less than if I ate more real food meals.

There is a pharmacy in Rhompoe Market that has a good selection of several brands of protein. I am not sure about the prices as I don't use it, BUT their prices for medications are the cheapest I have found in Pattaya. Good guy too. He will order things for you. My blood pressure medication is 145 baht a box from him and the cheapest I could find anywhere else was 185 and 245.

• 3 weeks later...

my wife is making her own milk right now. Ive heard it contains natural growth hormone. Currently im mixing 1 part breast milk equally with ON Gold standard chocolate.

Here's to gainzzzz gulp

Btw I noticed the other day in K Village - next to Villa is a drug store that is stocked with ON, Dymatize and more - at normal prices if anyone is looking for stuff in Sukhumvit area. Very near my new office so great for me, better than heading off to Silom

Saw this post last night and headed of to K Village today to buy some protein powder. They got a better selection than most pharmacy. ON gold standard 5Lb Whey is about 4,000baht. Dymatize 5lb Elite whey 2900 baht.

ended up getting 2.3lb dymatize elite for 1490baht.

Bloody expensive, about double the price i normally buy mail order in Bangkok. But my order got messed up and didnt come in time for me going away tomorrow.

I tried unflavoured protein a few years ago and never really had any success getting it to taste nice. but due to the prices here i might give it another crack.

Btw I noticed the other day in K Village - next to Villa is a drug store that is stocked with ON, Dymatize and more - at normal prices if anyone is looking for stuff in Sukhumvit area. Very near my new office so great for me, better than heading off to Silom

Saw this post last night and headed of to K Village today to buy some protein powder. They got a better selection than most pharmacy. ON gold standard 5Lb Whey is about 4,000baht. Dymatize 5lb Elite whey 2900 baht.

Bloody expensive, about double the price i normally buy mail order in Bangkok. But my order got messed up and didnt come in time for me going away tomorrow.

I tried unflavoured protein a few years ago and never really had any success getting it to taste nice. but due to the prices here i might give it another crack.

I am 1/3 way through a tub of Arnold's Iron Whey that I found on lazada of all places. 2300 baht for 5 lbs .. 70 servings.

I am 1/3 way through a tub of Arnold's Iron Whey that I found on lazada of all places. 2300 baht for 5 lbs .. 70 servings.
Lazada look pretty good. I normally use Fitwhey. Good prices, decent enough selection. If you buy though you have to send them email confirming you paid.

I forgot and my order didn't come in time before I had to go working away.

• 7 months later...

I think you must have misunderstood my link,

its the best deal by far, and you dont need a visa card or similar to buy this,

you will just go to the bank and deposit 1500 baht, send an email and confirm it is done,

and receive your bags of protein 2-3 days later

mmmm-- send 1500 "cash" and wait for some unknown person to deliver it. That takes trust. Beware: Around 9-10 years ago some of the off brand protein powder came from China and (of course) it was proven to be fake. I have no idea how one can tell.

• 4 weeks later...

Check out that new Thai brand, Warrior Supplements Thailand - They do some good priced 2kg whey protein for 1850thb with free delivery (four flavours to choose). Also they do cheap creatine monohydrate and a whey and creatine mix.

www.warriorsupplementsthailand.com

www.facebook.com/warriorsupplementsthailand

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...