Getting Thai Kids New Passport (In Phuket) ?

SurinBeach

Hi,

My kids have British and Thai passports. My son's initial 5 year passport have expired.

Can I renew in Phuket or do I need to go to Bangkok ?

Presentably same day job and get posted ?

How much ?

Take birth certificate and photos ....

Thanks

Regards

SB

I believe there is now indeed a passport office at Phuket.

Both parents must sign the form

cost is 1,000 baht

for 35 baht they send it to your home in a couple of days. (Same day service might be available)

requirement is houseregistration and maybe birth certificate

No photo required, they take the photo for you.

• Like 1

Yes, there is a Thai passport office in Phuket, called office of Foreign Affairs at the Old Municipal Offices in Phuket Town. JUst need the old passport, photos taken at the office, if no old passport then need house papers. Good service, quick, passport posted back in a few days.

For UK passport need to DHL to Hong Kong UK embassy.

• Like 1

cost is 1,000 baht

for 35 baht they send it to your home in a couple of days. (Same day service might be available)

Yes, there is a Thai passport office in Phuket, called office of Foreign Affairs at the Old Municipal Offices in Phuket Town. JUst need the old passport, photos taken at the office, if no old passport then need house papers. Good service, quick, passport posted back in a few days.

Many thanks Gents ....

cost is 1,000 baht

>Yes, there is a Thai passport office in Phuket, called office of Foreign Affairs at the Old Municipal Offices in Phuket Town. JUst need the old passport, photos taken at the office, if no old passport then need house papers. Good service, quick, passport posted back in a few days.

Many thanks Gents ....

Get there 15 minutes before they open, and you'll be in and out in a flash.

OP: Are they old enough to have a Thai ID card? If so you also take along the new 13 digit card

Not sure they are 3 & 6 ...how old does one have to be ...(and where do they get one?)

I understand that as of July, 2011 required at age of seven, but cross check. Thai ID cards are provisioned by your local Amphur for a minimal fee.

• 4 months later...

Just double checking Gents, as Mum is no longer around (Phuket that is)

If I take my 6 years old's expired Thai passport (And Tabiaan Baan and Birth Certificate).... does it still require the Thai Mum's signature ?

Cheers

SB....

Yes, you do need that.

• 2 months later...

Going to Singapore on Wed and just realised my daughter's Thai passport (she is 8 years old) has expired. Anyone know if the Phuket Office has an express passport renewal service please ? Going there 1st thing tomorrow, Monday, but hoping someone can give us a heads up before then ?

Going to Singapore on Wed and just realised my daughter's Thai passport (she is 8 years old) has expired. Anyone know if the Phuket Office has an express passport renewal service please ? Going there 1st thing tomorrow, Monday, but hoping someone can give us a heads up before then ?

Thai passport office is in Phuket Town at the old municiple building, diagonal opposite the newer town hall. No idea if they can process same day but I can say they are very efficient. I'm sure a word in the right ear will work miracles.

• 6 months later...

Have a similar issue - Will be in Bangkok back from Yangon on the night of the 29th

Family to come to HCM with me evening of the 1st

Son (5) passport has expired , wife went to Udon PP office today but found out needs my signature for renewal.

Will it be possible to apply on the 30th in Bangkok and get passport by the 1st May (could stretch another day( in time to fly to HCM.

Any help appreciated

GJ

Have a similar issue - Will be in Bangkok back from Yangon on the night of the 29th

Family to come to HCM with me evening of the 1st

Son (5) passport has expired , wife went to Udon PP office today but found out needs my signature for renewal.

Will it be possible to apply on the 30th in Bangkok and get passport by the 1st May (could stretch another day( in time to fly to HCM.

Any help appreciated

GJ

This topic was raised in the Phuket Forum. I suggest you ask about passport issue in BKK in the BKK forum. Best of luck.

Thanks for the help. I thought it was logical to reply at that point as the previous poster had quoted Bangkok timelines and seemed therefore to be able to support my issue

Sorry for the incovenience

I will move it to the BKK forum

• Like 1

LIK... please check the latest UK passport news..... have to be done through BKK with a physical appointment at VFS to both deliver the application and to collect it.

LIK... please check the latest UK passport news..... have to be done through BKK with a physical appointment at VFS to both deliver the application and to collect it.

Yes, it's all changed for acquiring a UK passport.

OP: Are they old enough to have a Thai ID card? If so you also take along the new 13 digit card

Not sure they are 3 & 6 ...how old does one have to be ...(and where do they get one?)

I understand that as of July, 2011 required at age of seven, but cross check. Thai ID cards are provisioned by your local Amphur for a minimal fee.

7 it is :)