North Korea To Restart Atomic Reactor

Lite Beer

North Korea to restart atomic reactor

Seoul - North Korea plans to restart a nuclear reactor at its Yongbyon complex, a media report said Tuesday.

The 5-megawatt plant in the north-west would be refurbished and restarted, the official Korean Central News Agency reported, citing the General Department of Atomic Energy.

It was closed as the result of international six-party talks in 2007.

The talks involving the Koreas, the United States, China, Russia and Japan about ending North Korea’s nuclear weapons programme have been stalled since 2009.

Yongbyon is an important part of North Korea’s atomic programme.

Pyongyang carried out its third nuclear test in February, which led to the strengthening of international sanctions against the isolated Stalinist state

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-04-02

It will be destroyed while the guy who pushes a few buttons in the USA eats a sandwich.

This boy is caught up in delusion. He is going to hurt his people.

People already been hurting badly, since his grandpa was in the big chair.

When the dam breaks (figuratively) it will likely be a bloody mess because initially, when the masses have their uprising, the army will be compelled to uphold the status quo. Probably 2 or 3 days later, the army will realize it's a mass popular uprising, and even their captains shouting orders while red-faced, won't be enough for soldiers to keep shooting their own people.

This time i think the pygmy is actually going to upset everyone thinkibg China,will come to his aid.

I dunno... But i reckon ol fatso is going to be nasty

maybe China wont allow it. Why should they ? Any nuclear disaster on that site could impact on China (only about 150km from border). The Chinese are letting the boy play with his toys, but they are likely to keep him on a controlling leash.

Edited by attento

When the cold war was full on in Europe,many Polish soldiers longed for a NATO invasion to liberate them. How many North Korean soldiers and civilians secretly want a war,to be liberated. How many pray,please come and save us from this North Korean tyranical state we are forced to suffer under. Many shots across the bows (borders) from the N.Korean side have been fired over the decades,even small arms fire (AK47) I have always been under the impression that it is a severly pissed off NK conscript,starving,freezing,on the border,smelling the smell of food wafting over from the U.S troops. Demoralised NK trooper thinks,"Ill start a war,what do I have to loose,I'm going to die from starvation,just like My late Mum."

• Like 1

NK can do without the "leader" as the shots would be really called by the top brass in the goverment and he has no understanding of the workings of anything, as someone else stated in another thread, "spoon fed" and never done a days work of anything in his life, you can read and study as much as you like and talk the talk, BUT i think you need practical experiance and in his case a lot of it ...

Edited by briboy

Sk and china should just form an agreement and invade. Although call it more a liberation and bring plenty of galaxy s4's with them to show they come with good intentions. Personally id be disappointed to not get an iPhone but I don't think the nk's will have even heard of Apple so what they don't know won't hurt them.

The new NK boss seems more dangerous than his Daddy. He's got something to prove. Uh oh.

A former U.S. official who has visited Yongbyon, speaking on the
condition of anonymity to speak frankly, said the North’s apparent
decision is “very dangerous,” because the facilities are not monitored
by outsiders.

“So what can we do to stop them?” the former
official said. “They can get away with murder there, and we’re left on
the outside jumping up and down.”

Experts remain uncertain about
the material for its latest underground test in February. U.S. officials
say the North took significant steps to prevent the release of
radioactive traces from the blast site, which would have been detected
by monitoring stations.

Some experts think North Korea has enough
leftover plutonium to make between four and eight bombs the size of
those dropped on Hiroshima or Nagasaki during World War II.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-struggling-to-contain-nuclear-threats-from-north-korea-iran/2013/04/02/cc2a3bca-9bce-11e2-9bda-edd1a7fb557d_story_1.html

Edited by Jingthing

This time i think the pygmy is actually going to upset everyone thinkibg China,will come to his aid.

maybe China wont allow it. Why should they ? Any nuclear disaster on that site could impact on China (only about 150km from border). The Chinese are letting the boy play with his toys, but they are likely to keep him on a controlling leash.

You need to get up to speed here. Beijing has no influence over Pyongyang any more, not since Kim Jong Un's late pappy Kim Jong Il started his nuclear program, even if it was after Geo Dubya Bush put his foot in his mouth to label North Korea as a part of the "Axis of Evil." Beijing couldn't stop the North setting off nuclear tests and has no pull there to deal with the new reactor development either, whether the reactor is or isn't effective. Beijing wants a nuclearized Korean peninsula as much as it wants a hole in its head.

On the subject of N Korea and the PRChina, both the government and the sheeple of the PRChina have great disrespect towards N Korea for refusing to follow Deng Xiao Peng's reformist lead, i.e., similarly reforming the North's economy so that the North could develop jointly with the PRChina, feed its people itself, develop modern infrastructure, be a part of the CCP's fantasy world of the "Internationale,' etc etc. That's another falling out between the two governments - and, I reiterate, to include the vast majority of the people of China. The Chinese people's disrespect towards the leaders of the North is immense. The resentment in Beijing towards the three Kim's ignoring Beijing's entreaties to develop their country has bred a strong contempt by the CCP towards the Kim dynasty and their cronies.

Pyongyang is on its own in the present mess, which only compounds the North's numerous past complex messes.

It's been reported the past 24 hours that Beijing has been, since mid-March, moving troops to Jilin province, which borders N Korea at the Yalu River, and also into neighboring Chinese provinces. If the worst develops, and refugees mob into Jilin and surrounding provinces, the Chinese will accept them, but only long enough for the refugees to realize they might be better off back on the North side of the Yalu. Beijing will not make them feel welcome, much less comforted. Beijing can't stand disorder.

• Like 2

I do not think that the vast majority of people in the world realize how dangerous this situation is.

This "great leader" - brat kid, - is nuts and capable of actually trying to go through with his stupid threats.

If so, - it's curtains for him, - but unfortunately he will drag down many of his populous with him.

If the Chinese do not remove him and the other idiots behind him quickly, - then the USA certainly will.

When a leader of the 5th largest army in the world is playing with nukes and making threats and is desperate because his expenditure goes to the military while the people starve, - not a good recipe.

This time the USA and or China will not do the normal pre - war talk thing. They will act swiftly. In fact, - they probably are already preparing. There is so much at risk now.

A radioactive breach in N.Korea would only annoy the Chinese, even if the Chinese were downwind. They're a people who are generally inured to environmental degradation. They can tolerate insane levels of dust and carbon in the air they breathe. Not much different than Thais, who can tolerate intense levels of water and air pollution, with nary a public complaint. One thing for sure, if there is a radioactive breach in N.Korea, we sure won't be hearing about it first from the N.Koreans.

Also, John Kerry (now head of state in the USA) is going to South Korea within the next 5 days.

This is a sign of how seriously the USA is taking this. Through White House press statements and through the press, - they are toning it down, - but they have deployed stealths and capable subs off the coast. This does not look good.

I think this boy is finished. He has gone just too far. Even Saddam did not make such stupid threats. I can already see the monuments being dragged down. This time it won't be by American troops. Most likely from the air or ocean.

South Koreans see it for what it is: All part of a big bluff. The young Kim is just rattling his saber hoping to tilt the next round of negotiations in his favor, and strengthen his standing with the military at home. He has no clue that everyone sees through him, or that China and Russia are starting to get seriously annoyed at their clown of a neighbor.

• Like 1

If it is done correctly, there will be no army left by day three. The only thing left to be done will be to provide the survivors with aid so they can live.

The North Koreans probably have a greater chance of surviving if there is a war.

• Like 1

I do not think that the vast majority of people in the world realize how dangerous this situation is.

This "great leader" - brat kid, - is nuts and capable of actually trying to go through with his stupid threats.

If so, - it's curtains for him, - but unfortunately he will drag down many of his populous with him.

If the Chinese do not remove him and the other idiots behind him quickly, - then the USA certainly will.

When a leader of the 5th largest army in the world is playing with nukes and making threats and is desperate because his expenditure goes to the military while the people starve, - not a good recipe.

This time the USA and or China will not do the normal pre - war talk thing. They will act swiftly. In fact, - they probably are already preparing. There is so much at risk now.

I don't think he's actually nuts but it doesn't matter so much if it he's nuts. I think he is a product of the system there and continuing on with the family business in the way he thinks (really no choice as because of his youth he has handlers) he's supposed to. Its "worked" in the past but that doesn't mean it will continue working. Even if he had the impulse to be some kind of hero and break this chain, how could he, they wouldn't let him.

Edited by Jingthing

The new NK boss seems more dangerous than his Daddy. He's got something to prove. Uh oh.

A former U.S. official who has visited Yongbyon, speaking on the

condition of anonymity to speak frankly, said the North’s apparent

decision is “very dangerous,” because the facilities are not monitored

by outsiders.

“So what can we do to stop them?” the former

official said. “They can get away with murder there, and we’re left on

the outside jumping up and down.”

Experts remain uncertain about

the material for its latest underground test in February. U.S. officials

say the North took significant steps to prevent the release of

radioactive traces from the blast site, which would have been detected

by monitoring stations.

Some experts think North Korea has enough

leftover plutonium to make between four and eight bombs the size of

those dropped on Hiroshima or Nagasaki during World War II.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-struggling-to-contain-nuclear-threats-from-north-korea-iran/2013/04/02/cc2a3bca-9bce-11e2-9bda-edd1a7fb557d_story_1.html

I am by no means a warmonger. Just a quick wondering question: If one compares the situation in Iraq, Iran and N.Korea the little giant wins hand down the need to rearrange the existing regime. And it seems that this time no other 'big' nation would stick their neck for N.Korea. Yet, no one, not the Americans, not Chinese, not Russians will make a move. The Russians think they are safe, and they may be right. The Chinese think they are safe and do not want to dress down their spiritual brethren, and they may be right, politically speaking. The Americans think they are safe because they are far away and their deterrent system will save them. Good luck to them... but where was their deterrent system at 9/11? This leaves S.Koreans out in the cold with the only warm hope - American umbrella.

Surely, the innocent people of N.Korea are the meat in the sandwich, but aren't people deserving the kind of government they have? And think of it this way: - the sooner and harder N.Korea is hit the more chances that their dreaded army will not fight for the regime.

P.S. Pity N.Korea does not have Iraq's natural resources and their Leader, however great, didn't piss off Obama's father.

Boy, that Ahmadinejad chap is breathing much easy these days. rolleyes.gif

You never know.

Sometimes the left hand is waved madly so folks will look at it while the right

hand does what it really had intentions to do.

• Like 1