14 Year Old Boy Driving Pickup Truck Rams Lady Motorbiker

Rimmer

Boy Driving Pickup Truck Rams Lady Motorbiker
PATTAYA:--A 14-year-old boy driving a pickup truck in Mabprachan lost control on a curve and collided with an oncoming motorbike driven by a Thai woman. The injured victim was rushed unconscious to the hospital. The boy faces several charges, including driving without a license.

On April 2, 2013, at 12:30 a.m., a report of someone being injured in a traffic collision was received by police and the rescue officers of Sawangboribul Pattaya foundation, who went to the scene to assist the injured.

The accident involved a pickup truck colliding with a motorbike at the curve approaching the V. Jane & House village, Mabprachan country club road, Tambon Nong Preu, Amphur Banglamung, Chonburi province.

At the scene, officers found the old pickup truck had been modified to be a truck to cut wood. The motorbike that collided with the truck was a blue-and-white Yamaha Feno. Both heavily-damaged vehicles fell down in the bushes on the side of the road.

The seriously injured motorbike driver was a Thai woman about 30 years old. She was lying unconscious in the bush near the motorbike.
Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/04/02/boy-driving-pickup-truck-rams-lady-motorbiker/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2013-04-02

Have no idea if the lads account of the happening is true or not. The police seem to not believe peoples accounts in many cases. I wonder if that might not be a personal judgement based on their own perchance for telling porkies.

Skid marks, parts/pieces from point of impact down into the bushes could indicate what happened if anyone took the time to invistigate same. Of course this might require awaiting daylight to see all aspects of the scene.

I guess there are others who should be held accountable, if he was driving to deliver wood, then I assume his parent(s)/guardian(s)/ vehicle owner knew, if not instructed him to do so, they should have known better, hope they get prosecuted too.

Edited by Basil B

Have no idea if the lads account of the happening is true or not. The police seem to not believe peoples accounts in many cases. I wonder if that might not be a personal judgement based on their own perchance for telling porkies.

Skid marks, parts/pieces from point of impact down into the bushes could indicate what happened if anyone took the time to invistigate same. Of course this might require awaiting daylight to see all aspects of the scene.

I wonder if the boy has rich parents.

Doesn't really matter if his account is correct at 14 he should not have been driving.. simply really.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

A 14 year old driving on a farm isnt unusual

but Pattaya can hardly be called a "farm"

boy's got some "splain'n" to do

Edit,

just reread the story

12:30AM!!?? <deleted> were you doing son?blink.png

Edited by jamhar

Does he get the same punishment as the 16 year old girl that drove her BMW into a mini bus and pushed it off a bridge in Bangkok and killed several people?

It was a Honda Civic belonging to someone else, not "her BMW". Is your embellishment your way of making her seem even more hateful?

• Like 1

Does he get the same punishment as the 16 year old girl that drove her BMW into a mini bus and pushed it off a bridge in Bangkok and killed several people?

It was a Honda Civic belonging to someone else, not "her BMW". Is your embellishment your way of making her seem even more hateful?

Still that was a far worse crime then here.. but i bet this guy will get punished more. (how bad the crime is depends of course how bad the victim is wounded but that incident left multiple dead)

Edited by robblok

Any decent forensic team would clear up the real story in no time. I have actually seen what looked like policemen wearing jackets that had Forensic written on the back. But I suspect that in reality they don't give a F***.

And hey! This is LOS after-all. My ABS and Traction Control screamed the other day, when a motorbike shot out of a side street in front of me. The driver looked to be about 10 to 12 years old and he had 2 mates on the bike with him - one in front, one behind and laughing and waving their arms about. As said, my car must have made a hell of a noise as it braked - they didn't even look. It took me about 10 minutes to stop shaking. AND, had I hit them, possibly 3 young lives over or ruined and [as I understand it] it would have been me to blame.

Normal day for me. smile.png

not driving an old truck, not a serious crime here in Hua Hin the police stop traffic at school out time allowing dozzens of kids four to a bike out on the road where they immediatly start to race each other, seen it countless times, kids that look 9 or 10 nyears old.

Ah, but your thinking a guy with Police written on his back is Police Yes/No. In farangland yes, but here just a monthly income. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

not driving an old truck, not a serious crime here in Hua Hin the police stop traffic at school out time allowing dozzens of kids four to a bike out on the road where they immediatly start to race each other, seen it countless times, kids that look 9 or 10 nyears old.

Ah, but your thinking a guy with Police written on his back is Police Yes/No. In farangland yes, but here just a monthly income. coffee1.gif

How right you are Transam.

Doesn't really matter if his account is correct at 14 he should not have been driving.. simply really.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

Couldn't agree more. Also looks as though the pick-up only had one light. The kid's parents should be the one's held responsible!

They did not do the same with the BKK girl that killed a lot of people with her car on the tollway (seems they come down much harder here) But then she had a famous name.

Her name was not the deciding factor, more than likely. It was the millions of baht paid, to the right goombah. Thailand is not the only country where you can buy your way out of a crime. Just look at what 2 million dollars bought O. J. Simpson. Same here. Cash buys freedom, and denies justice.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Young kids driving vehicles when they shouldn't be, happens all over the world. I was driving my dad's farm truck when I was 14. But we lived out in the country and I was driving to the feed store and back, usually. Sometimes would swing by a buddy's just to show off. However saying that, does not mean I knew what the hell I was doing. It takes years of driving to know what your doing. years. Young kids should not be out on the highway. They are clueless. I was one. And I guarantee if I had an accident, it would have been my father who would be in trouble. besides me then having a very sore butt. Yes I see kids in the US driving to school who I know are underage and shouldn't be driving. If their caught, it's the parents who are in for trouble. But it's not near the same situation as those kids here in Thailand on motorcycles with 2 or 3 buddy's riding with them. In the US, it's obvious when you see some kid in a car that you know isn't old enough. But in Thailand, it's in your face and still the cops do nothing. It's not a question IF they are going to get in an accident, but WHEN. coffee1.gif

Commander Tamson, on 02 Apr 2013 - 13:15, said:

Any decent forensic team would clear up the real story in no time. I have actually seen what looked like policemen wearing jackets that had Forensic written on the back. But I suspect that in reality they don't give a F***.

And hey! This is LOS after-all. My ABS and Traction Control screamed the other day, when a motorbike shot out of a side street in front of me. The driver looked to be about 10 to 12 years old and he had 2 mates on the bike with him - one in front, one behind and laughing and waving their arms about. As said, my car must have made a hell of a noise as it braked - they didn't even look. It took me about 10 minutes to stop shaking. AND, had I hit them, possibly 3 young lives over or ruined and [as I understand it] it would have been me to blame.

Similar experience on April Fool's for me. Turning right on my green filter light across 2 lanes of stopped traffic (their red light) and I am at the front of the queue, at the last minute I saw a grey pickup barreling up the far-side (their left turn only lane) but going straight through so he got the full headlights treatment as I lifted my foot OFF the gas. The second pickup that was right behind him was the one that made my heart stop as the 'grind' of my ABS stopped me just inches from a full-on T-boner. About 10 seconds elapsed where I didn't move and nobody behind me did either. Then I looked right and saw him still trying to pass slower traffic on the right.

Patience my arse as I popped a wheelie and chased the muthaxxxxx down, forcing him over to a stop on the hard shoulder and giving him full vent with no expletives deleted. There was 6 people in the truck, the driver was giving that nervous apologetic smile that someone less experienced in LOS would have taken for a sneer while his old lady in the passenger seat was waiing me furiously and shouting, 'Sorry... sorry... sorry!!!'

Only after they had driven away, I pulled over and parked where it took a good 10 minutes for the shakes to subside. Six people could have been maimed or dead because the second pickup truck was blindly following the first red-light runner.

Edited by metisdead

Probably some of the kids related to the cop coffee1.gif

There is an incredibly simple solution to these kinds of problems. It is called law enforcement. Not something we see too often in the LOS. Of course it requires effective policing, a fair and competent judiciary, and a good penal system. Yes, I know we may still be 50 years away from that. But, if this little punk xxxxx got 10 years in jail, and his family was fined a million baht for this completely unnecessary crime, word might get around that for the first time since perhaps the Ayutthaya kingdom, Thailand is getting serious about fighting crime, and making worthless punks pay for their crimes.

Edited by metisdead
  • Like 1