Obtaining A Credit Report For An Individual

telstrareg

Is it possible for an individual to obtain a credit report which contains information about their loans, credit cards etc. eg when a loan was taken out and paid off and with which institution or when a credit card was obtained? I'm assuming anything like this would have to be done with the individual's consent.

Problem is my partner promised me she would never apply for any further credit or go further into debt without consulting me first. However, I have reason to believe she has broken that promise and don't know how to obtain the proof.

I'm also concerned she may have used land which I purchased as collateral and don't know if this can be checked.

as an individual no..

my advice...grow a pair..confront her and tell her if you find out she has done this your out the door, obviously has no respect for you and if she has done this what else has she been pilfering..?..your bank accounts ?

Even financial institutions need to get your approval to check your file, my credit card company asked for my approval when they were reviewing my account a couple of years ago.

I have deleted a post that is hinting at illegal activitiy.

as an individual no..

my advice...grow a pair..confront her and tell her if you find out she has done this your out the door, obviously has no respect for you and if she has done this what else has she been pilfering..?..your bank accounts ?

Great advice. If you are with one of the Thai women who refuse to communicate, or discuss issues or problems, you may be in for a rough ride. It took me some time to teach my gal how to communicate, but I threatened to kick her out several times, and she got it. You ALWAYS have to be willing to walk away, and/or kick her out the door, or you have lost control of the situation. I had several conversations about the multiple functions of the door.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"she may have used land which I purchased as collateral" OP

Unless you're Thai, it is unlikely that the land you 'purchased' was bought in your name, I'm afraid.

In fact, if you were at the local Land-Office when the change-of-ownership went through, you probably would have signed to say that it wasn't your money, and you had no claim on it.

In a similar situation, with another relative (not my wife), I insisted on holding the original chanot-papers when lending to clear a bank-loan, so that they couldn't be used as security for new debt. Not a foolproof method,by any means, but it helps.

When we (very rarely) lend to a local, we hold a motorbike/papers or computer or gold or chanot-papers as security. We sometimes even get paid back !

Oh, and hope that the suspected loan isn't from the local mafia, of course. Not only do they charge exhorbitant interest, but they also IME actively connive at getting ordinary Thais into debt, for example by gambling (which is a major problem here). This then leads to losing the assets such as chanots for land, often representing life-savings, for poor villagers. Face has a lot to do with it too.

Edited by Ricardo