Getting Older.. Who Is Gonna Look After You ?

rubberduck

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I intend to go out with a bang, preferbaly of the highest calibre I can get my hands on and put the pointy end in my mouth. Care homes are for pusssiess.

actually it's suicide that's for pussies.

I don't believe it is, if at the right time. It may well be for a young person with a few problems, and it's said that suicide is the long term solution to short term problems, but for an older person, terminally ill and in great pain, or just very old and tired of living with the constant niggling aches and pains, I see it as an entirely valid thing to do.

Regardless of one's beliefs, and with nobody forcing one to take it up, I think it should be an option that is made available.

There is no cure for old age!!

• Like 1

Did you in some way prepare for possibly loosing control when getting older e.g. by having a good social network, a caring wife who won't leave you when you need her most,

You pose a poignant question !

If there is anyone who can claim to have 2 good friends then he is truly blessed.

A caring wife will declare her undying love for you but may possibly leave you one day without a second thought.

Brutal as it may sound, the only thing on which you can rely is your money. Keep firm control of it and do everything you can to maintain a good state of health through lifestyle,diet and exercise.

Don't become dependent on anybody and hope that when you do go it will be sudden and dramatic.

Whether we like it or not, we are all completely alone in this world.

Did you in some way prepare for possibly loosing control when getting older e.g. by having a good social network, a caring wife who won't leave you when you need her most,

If there is anyone who can claim to have 2 good friends then he is truly blessed.

A caring wife will declare her undying love for you but may possibly leave you one day without a second thought.

Brutal as it may sound, the only thing on which you can rely is your money. Keep firm control of it and do everything you can to maintain a good state of health through lifestyle,diet and exercise.

Don't become dependent on anybody and hope that when you do go it will be sudden and dramatic.

I hope that control of money works for you as sharing everything does for me.

Just a thought for you though.

How will you survive if you have control but are unable to do anything to physically get hold of it?

Say to your wife, well WE need some money but I can't get it and you know I can't trust YOU with controlling it.

Edited for computer random spellings.

Edited by billd766

How will you survive if you have control but are unable to do anything to physically get hold of it?

Say to your wife, well WE need some money but I can't get it and you know I can't trust YOU with controlling it.

You are right in identifying the flaw in the strategy but then trust can also be a flawed strategy. Much of what you believe in is down to past experience. Setting all that aside, I am pleased to note the love and trust you share with your family and sincerely hope you enjoy enduring happiness.

Edited by Rajab Al Zarahni

When there is no caring partner what are actually the options in Thailand ? After he had his fun and GF has his money he will try to freeload off you or me I hate old white men I guess it will be you

If you were his only friend he really would have problems,white man or not!

Well not something to worry about for most, as according to another active thread here, it seems like a majority of posters here are are in their mid-thirties!! cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

And too Hansum to ever get old.

You are right in identifying the flaw in the strategy but then trust can also be a flawed strategy. Much of what you believe in is down to past experience. Setting all that aside, I am pleased to note the love and trust you share with your family and sincerely hope you enjoy enduring happiness.

Thank you for your comment.

What works for me doesn't work for everybody unfortunately.

There is no one size fits all category and everybody has to work with what they have.