Decent Neighborhood On The Cheap

DavidMavec

Hello...

I am thinking of moving to Bangkok in a couple months from CM and I am wondering if anyone could give me some ideas for a decent neighborhood that is fairly cheap (maybe a comfortable place for 10-13k baht/month). It should be fairly close to the BTS (within 15 min walk) and it would be nice if there were a decent supply of coffee shops, restaurants, market stalls, etc., be fairly safe. Doesn't need to have expats as I speak decent Thai and will be moving with my Thai girlfriend.

Any suggestions for places to look? I don't know squat about BKK.

Rathadaphisek Road is a good place to start.<br /><br />No BTS though, but there's a bunch of MRT stations along the way.<br /><br />There is a BTS interchange at Sukhumvit MRT station (BTS Asok) (check out the MRT/BTS maps)<br /><br />3-4 shopping malls (Central Rama 9/Robinson/Fortune Town/Esplanade), lots of coffee shops and some decent places to eat.<br /><br />Rent should be within the range you specified, but apartment sizes will be small, around 32 sq. m.<br /><br />Best to look at the condo-chains (Lumpini Condo / Rhythm etc., as )<br />

• Like 2

I live in the Bangna area in a nice condo for 12K/month, have lived in this area for 5 years and find it really nice, whilst I couldn't walk to Bearing BTS from my condo there are new condo's popping up all around Bearing and Bangna BTS Stations. There are plenty of amenities in the area with Central Bangna, Seacon Square and Paradise all close.

I live in the Bangna area in a nice condo for 12K/month, have lived in this area for 5 years and find it really nice, whilst I couldn't walk to Bearing BTS from my condo there are new condo's popping up all around Bearing and Bangna BTS Stations. There are plenty of amenities in the area with Central Bangna, Seacon Square and Paradise all close.

How far is Bangna to Seacon Square and Paradise?

How far is Bangna to Seacon Square and Paradise?

Between 15 to 30mins drive depending on traffic.

There are a lot of fairly new places in the Narathiwas Area. BRT running down the main road to Chong Nonsi- BTS, Tesco and Makro are nearby, some local style restaurants...

Not a bad area at all.