Australian Charged For Son's Alleged Holiday Sex With Prostitute On Koh Samui

The western justice systems usually chase paedophiles all over the world in an attempt to catch and punish them.

My question is, why is the woman who committed the offence of molesting this child not in jail?

I think that they're trying to establish a precedence in law which is more important than the case per se. I'm not saying that's right, just saying what they're doing.

• Like 1

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The western justice systems usually chase paedophiles all over the world in an attempt to catch and punish them.

My question is, why is the woman who committed the offence of molesting this child not in jail?

The alleged offense occurred in Thailand & the working girl would be subject to Thai law (don't hold your breath). The law referred to in the OP is applied to Australian citizens traveling abroad who engage in illegal sexual activity as defined in Australian legislation. So far their have only been a small number convicted, from memory Australian pedophiles committing offenses in Indonesia and Cambodia. More detail at:

http://www.afp.gov.au/policing/child-protection-operations/child-sexual-exploitation-in-travel-and-tourism.aspx

Edited by simple1

That's one weird ass story. I do wonder who's the witness on this, and yeah I'm betting on the mom too.

Me too.. Mom's don't understand about this coming of age thing. at 13, as I can recall, I probably wasn't all that aware of the differences between males and females, well I probably was aware, but too damn shy to visit a prostitute, if I could find one. spin the bottle and a cop a feel at the movies was about it. coffee1.gif

Edited by khaowong1
  • Like 2

This is all about onus of proof. The boy is underaged - a minor - by Westminster law, and most likely cannot be charged. The prostitute will need to give video evidence (if that is what the OP is referring to) and yes that is admissible in Law. The inability to cross examine leaves the adjudication open to ridicule and could be torn down easily given the oral ability in truth of Thai prostitutes. Then it would have to be the boy making the claim of solicitation by the father etc. I think the Queensland Attorney Generals Department will not have an easy task on this unless the boy turns witness against his father, but then this still is hearsay and what proof? I doubt the case can hold water.

Video evidence does NOT mean they can't be x examined. It happens in all courts in Oz every day.

It is a LIVE video link. The witness is examined, x examined and re examined. The only difference being that the witness is doing it via video link, not personally in court.

It is a commonwealth offence so would probably be handled by the Commonwealth DPP instead of the State DPP. The Attorney General doesn't really get involved in any cases, he/she just tries to keep the flow of public funds under wraps and doesn't actually have a say in matters unless it is of significant public interest.

Even if the boy recants the story the DPP can still continue. That is what they will do in this case because they want the law clarified to find the boundaries.

I don't know much about Commonwealth DPP but I worked for the State DPP for many years. It seems to me that there isn't much in this at all as this sort of crime is not what the law was put in place for, that is an important point, and that is why they want it tested.

It is a test case to understand the boundaries of that law.

At the end of the day, even if the father is convicted, he won't do any jail time. But it will cost him a shitload to defend anyway.

Everyone is different. Yes most 13 year olds would go down the "ho-ho get out there and do it son route"

Personally I was uptight as hell about sex at 16 and would have been horrified if my old man had put pressure on me to go out and do what should come natural.

Hang 'Im High~!!

I don't think ANY father would get his son to screw a prostitute. Or pay for one. If that _IS_ the case, then let justice be served! I mean think of the dangers involved -- STD's and other diseases, not to mention the kid COULD have been kidnapped and held for ransom --- what father would expose their 13-year old to all that???

Then again, it's fun to think of it another way -- what if the dad was Thai and the prostitute was a farang? HMMMM...

Why isn't the prostitute charged with having sex with an underage person? That is the real crime.

If it was a male prostitute shagging a 13 year old girl then all hell would break loose against the guy.

Probably hard to get a conviction as they would have to get the prostitute to testify and that may not be easy. Then all she could do was say they had sex.

It is the son that will have to say his father paid for it. So basically up to the son to get his father locked up. Can't see that happening.

That's actually a good point. What evidence do they have where the father "caused" the boy to have sex? Is the hooker going to testify?

If it's the boy getting some type of revenge, are they taking his word for it?

Many questions and unfortunately the story will die after today and we won't hear more about this.

dont quote me cause i am not sure but i rememeber reading somewhere that an Aussie paid for his son to go with an LTJ hooker to push him into being a man but i cannot rememeber where and when i read this so please dont ask me to find that post as i dont know where to loook it was definatly over 3 months ago that all canfr ememeber

Hang 'Im High~!!

I don't think ANY father would get his son to screw a prostitute. Or pay for one. If that _IS_ the case, then let justice be served! I mean think of the dangers involved -- STD's and other diseases, not to mention the kid COULD have been kidnapped and held for ransom --- what father would expose their 13-year old to all that???

Then again, it's fun to think of it another way -- what if the dad was Thai and the prostitute was a farang? HMMMM...

yes i agree and teaching a kid to cross the road is terrible they could get hit by a car they could fall over in the street. they could get lost and forget where the other side of the road it. Justice!

was waiting for the 1 that would write rubbish. maybe he was educating him how to do it safely

Edited by PoorSucker
quote fixed

Hang 'Im High~!!

yes i agree and teaching a kid to cross the road is terrible they could get hit by a car they could fall over in the street. they could get lost and forget where the other side of the road it. Justice!

was waiting for the 1 that would write rubbish. maybe he was educating him how to do it safely

I also don't see anything to say he 'forced' his son to do it. Perhaps they were walking down the street and a quick conversation between father and son and a wink and a nod and off he goes.

How did an Australian get to Samui?

Was Phuket shut that week??

Plenty of Australian tourists on the island.

Of course.

Probably a drunk father taking his son out to the bars with him. One thing leads to another....

If it was premeditated then the father is a complete nutter.

How did an Australian get to Samui?

Was Phuket shut that week??

Plenty of Australian tourists on the island.

Of course.

Probably a drunk father taking his son out to the bars with him. One thing leads to another....

If it was premeditated then the father is a complete nutter.

i think it is good farther and son bonding

• 1 year later...

Brisbane dad hired underage prostitute for son in Thailand

A Brisbane father has been convicted of hiring an underage prostitute for his 13-year-old son on a family holiday to Thailand.

He is believed to be the first person charged under child sex tourism laws introduced in 2010 and aimed at stopping Australian pedophiles from exploiting foreign children.

The episode happened during a trip to the resort island of Koh Samui for a friend's wedding in September 2012.

The father, who cannot be named for legal reasons, got drunk at the buck's party and told his son he did not want him returning to Australia "without losing his virginity," the Brisbane District Court heard.

Read More: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2014/04/15/05/52/brisbane-dad-convicted-after-hiring-prostitute-for-teenage-son

--Nine MSN 2014-04-15

Also here.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/718982-brisbane-dad-hired-underage-girl-for-son-in-thailand/

Question is really is are there any victims or is it just red type

Is the son suffering or the woman that had sex with him so if no one is harmed then why charge him

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Is the son suffering or the woman that had sex with him so if no one is harmed then why charge him

You miss the whole point BIgC. The guy charged in Australia, the offence is severe, You are talking about 2 minors here.

The whole world has been insane for a long time now. (Even Mae Nam seems to be getting odder . . .)

It surprises me that it is getting insaner though - everything is right at the point of utter idiocy already.

But then last week some English youth bought a hot chicken pasty, felt horny and decided to ferk have sex with it.

(Novel, if not actually outrageous . . . )

Big surprise - he blistered his bell end.

What is outrageous is that he is now claiming legal damages against the pie shop which sold him the pasty.

http://www.shockingtimes.co.uk/man-has-sex-with-hot-greggs-pasty-burns-penis/comment-page-1/

What is even more rock-bottom is that laws actually exist to allow him to do this.

So it would seem that Australia, once one of the last outposts of easy-going speak-easy, now appears to believe that out-of-control sex far away from home needs to be stamped down on. Whether this stalwart ex-colony will take the next logical step and decree that sex with warm foodstuff is similarly taboo remains to be seen.

Personally I hope so. This event would encourage the exodus of food fetishists to the ever--welcoming United Kingdom. And if they happen to be Muslim pasty shag*ers then they will be immediately fast-forwarded to the front of the Social Benefits queue. This would then lead to a domestic imbalance in the Australian social demographics and ease the immigration laws. Thus, with just a touch of ironic luck, Australia will begin to issue green cards to a wider range of nationalities. And hopefully more than a few Nepalese sheep shearers will be granted resident permits. And if enough of them arrive with their 12 year-old wives (Nepalese age of consent) then maybe in the not too distant future UTTERLY BRAIN DEAD HEADLINES LIKE THE ONE ABOVE will become a thing of the past.

ps - people seem to have completely forgotten that it was only about 150 years ago that the marriageable age in England was raised from 12 to 14 . . .

R

Edited by robsamui

You miss the whole point BIgC. The guy charged in Australia, the offence is severe, You are talking about 2 minors here.

I agree, it's a pretty severe offence. I think we can all remember (well most of us, lol) being that young and sex being a big thing on our minds.

I think the big difference here is that most young boys are fanatasing about girls their own age of over some pics they've managed to see in a dirty magazine.

As an adult I have no issue with 18+ guys chasing and having fun with bar girls but it's rather sleazy and possibily mentally detremental for a minor to be engaging the services of a working girl in losing his virginity.

Personally I look back on my first time all those years ago with fond memories of it being a girl of similar age and lack of experience, it was awkward yet a passage into a new chapter of my life, I'd not think it right for it to be with a working girl who probably had someone the hour before me and yet more just after.

I agree, it's a pretty severe offence. I think we can all remember (well most of us, lol) being that young and sex being a big thing on our minds.

I think the big difference here is that most young boys are fanatasing about girls their own age of over some pics they've managed to see in a dirty magazine.

As an adult I have no issue with 18+ guys chasing and having fun with bar girls but it's rather sleazy and possibily mentally detremental for a minor to be engaging the services of a working girl in losing his virginity.

Personally I look back on my first time all those years ago with fond memories of it being a girl of similar age and lack of experience, it was awkward yet a passage into a new chapter of my life, I'd not think it right for it to be with a working girl who probably had someone the hour before me and yet more just after.

The amount of times I have borrowed money off my parents and done something distasteful with it

I wonder if I could sue them and get more money so I can spend in the Sargent peppers lonely harts club bars ha ha

The amount of times I have borrowed money off my parents and done something distasteful with it

I wonder if I could sue them and get more money so I can spend in the Sargent peppers lonely harts club bars ha ha

Borrowed money & had a good time? So cheap or was it school concession pass discount on Saturday arvo?

BigC we are talking about a parent allowing ( paying) for his 13 year old to have sex with another minor, not kids having some fun.

Yes I know I am just saying that I personally would love more money to be dirty some sort of a joke

Seriously if his farther forced him to have sex with a prostitute then that is wrong

If his son was open to this then well the legal age of consent in Brasil is 14 so maybe his farther had his sons best intentions but on an act of drunken stupidity probably has done something he now regrets

Wonder if the farther has remorse at all

Borrowed money & had a good time? So cheap or was it school concession pass discount on Saturday arvo?

BigC we are talking about a parent allowing ( paying) for his 13 year old to have sex with another minor, not kids having some fun.

Yes I know I am just saying that I personally would love more money to be dirty some sort of a joke

Seriously if his farther forced him to have sex with a prostitute then that is wrong

If his son was open to this then well the legal age of consent in Brasil is 14 so maybe his farther had his sons best intentions but on an act of drunken stupidity probably has done something he now regrets

Wonder if the farther has remorse at all

As it occured in Thailand, reportedly between a Thai girl & an Australian minor, the age of consent in Brazil is completely irrelevant.

It would have been a dangerous precedence allowing this to go unchallenged under the child protection laws Australia has.

They have sent a message to Aussie citizens travelling abroad, the adult games and fun Thailand (and a lot of other countries) is famous for, is for adults, not kids.

• Like 2