Brisbane dad hired underage girl for son in Thailand

chooka

Brisbane dad hired underage prostitute for son in Thailand

A Brisbane father has been convicted of hiring an underage prostitute for his 13-year-old son on a family holiday to Thailand.

He is believed to be the first person charged under child sex tourism laws introduced in 2010 and aimed at stopping Australian pedophiles from exploiting foreign children.

The episode happened during a trip to the resort island of Koh Samui for a friend's wedding in September 2012.

The father, who cannot be named for legal reasons, got drunk at the buck's party and told his son he did not want him returning to Australia "without losing his virginity," the Brisbane District Court heard.

Read More: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2014/04/15/05/52/brisbane-dad-convicted-after-hiring-prostitute-for-teenage-son

--Nine MSN 2014-04-15

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Being drunk doesn't excuse him at all, but instead of putting him at the bottom of the barrel, I will simply hope for a long prison sentence and decades of misery. I hope he gets fired from his job, divorced, can't see his kid for decades, and stays in a BKK jail. Exploiting children is no joking matter.

He was actually convicted in Australia under Australian laws so I doubt he will spend anytime in the BKK Hilton.

• Like 1

I wonder if the BIB will now go after the person that provided the underage girl? I kinda doubt it because around where I live it is quite common for Thai guys. And no I am not Thai bashing, just stating the facts.

I got the impression that he was charged under Australian laws with exterritorial effect - they would not cover any non-Australians. As for what happens in Thailand with Thai citizen that is a question for the Thai police and child protection authorities

What is not at all clears, is how anyone in Austrailia knows the age of the girl in question?

Sure it's dodgy to take you kid to a hooker to get laid for the first time, and I can see the

mother getting bent out of shape about it. But there is nothing that says there was a legal

issue on Samui. Not that I ever heard about.

So this seems a he said she said, mother against father, and they just arbitrarily believed

the mothers accusation. That there are Thai girls of legal age, that look very underage

by western standards is a give for anyone with time here.

Not agreeing the dad should have done this, but how did they actually determine

this was a under age sex crime unless they used the boys age as the line of illegality?

Some thing just seems off with the whole thing.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The father later pleaded guilty to procuring a child to engage in sex outside Australia. I would say he made full admissions to knowing the child was underage.

• Like 1

It has got to do with his son being underage not the girl.

pleaded guilty to procuring a child to engage in sex outside Australia. I think it is about the minor he hired for the son.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Being drunk doesn't excuse him at all, but instead of putting him at the bottom of the barrel, I will simply hope for a long prison sentence and decades of misery. I hope he gets fired from his job, divorced, can't see his kid for decades, and stays in a BKK jail. Exploiting children is no joking matter.

He was actually convicted in Australia under Australian laws so I doubt he will spend anytime in the BKK Hilton.

As we know Chooka , he's in the S!!t big time , also the public stigma and employment prospects, the guy's a jerk , however that and other crap I have seen from so called tourists makes me think that some come to Thailand to do what they can't do in their own country , this guy was pissed , so what, we all know what go's on in this country , it is up to the law to deal with it , I rest my case Chooka.

• Like 2

Wont be spending anytime in an Australian jail either provided he does not break his 2 year good behaviour bond.

• Like 1

Did I read this wrong or was it his SON that was underage, NOT the prostitute (not that Thailand has any of those!). If so, how can the sex tourism law apply?

The offence occurred in Thailand and so the Commonwealth legislation made under its powers of Section 52 of The Australian constitution apply. Regardless of the age of the young lady, the father arranged for a child to engage in a sexual act in an overseas country - end of story - conviction in place.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I wonder if the BIB will now go after the person that provided the underage girl? I kinda doubt it because around where I live it is quite common for Thai guys. And no I am not Thai bashing, just stating the facts.

Of course not.

Underage having sex with underage - I don't see a problem here, other than some money passes hands.

Would the outcome have been different if father gave his son some cash and let him loose for a night?

I know if I was 13 again and had enough cash in my pocket, I'd do just that.

Father, in a position of authority over a child more or less forced his son to have sex.

You clearly have no ability however to see how that can possibly be wrong. I hope you don't have kids.

Edited by samran
  • Like 2

That's one cool dad

Cool? What would a 13 year old girl know about sex? He should've hired someone with more experience to show the kid the ropes. Not that I'm condoning prostitution. I wish Thailand and it's mongers were free of it. How much more pleasant it would be smile.png

Is there any particular reason why you didn't read the whole article?

If you had read it you wouldn't have written such an uninformed post.

• Like 1

That's one cool dad

no, that's one preverted S.O.B.! i wonder what would have happened if the Thai Police had arrested his low life son and put him in the bangkok slammer! would the father have taken responsibility or ran off the austrailia like a coward?

Underage having sex with underage - I don't see a problem here, other than some money passes hands.

Would the outcome have been different if father gave his son some cash and let him loose for a night?

I know if I was 13 again and had enough cash in my pocket, I'd do just that.

Father, in a position of authority over a child more or less forced his son to have sex.

You clearly have no ability however to see how that can possibly be wrong. I hope you don't have kids.

I'm sorry I failed to see where it says he forced anyone to do anything?

To tell his son he didn't want him to come back as a virgin, sounds like an offer not an order, to me anyways, your opinion may differ and I don't argue with it.

No I don't have kids (yet), but I'm working on it.

That's one cool dad

Cool? What would a 13 year old girl know about sex? He should've hired someone with more experience to show the kid the ropes. Not that I'm condoning prostitution. I wish Thailand and it's mongers were free of it. How much more pleasant it would be smile.png

It does not say how old the girl was, she could have been 17 years 11 months old for all we know.

That's one cool dad

no, that's one preverted S.O.B.! i wonder what would have happened if the Thai Police had arrested his low life son and put him in the bangkok slammer! would the father have taken responsibility or ran off the austrailia like a coward?

Why his son is a low life? Have you read the OP? They both, the prostitute and a boy were underage, nothing wrong with them having sex other then it was paid for sex.

The OP or the linked article isn't clear regarding is his son was forced (to me it sounds like he was not), but if he was, then that was def. wrong.

It is still a bit too much to call a boy low life!