Songkhla Info

chrisoary

Hello all,

I am probably going to be alongside in Songkhla port for a couple of days later this month, I have never been to Songkhla before and was after a bit of info,

1. Where can i get a decent massage (no funny business). After 4 weeks sleeping in my cramped bunk i need sorting out!

2.Are there any decent all you can eat buffet bar-b-q places in town? Possibly with a live band. I want to try and get the rest of the survey crew out for some decent food, they are mostly indonesian, vietnamese and chinese. I am a brit.

3. On the off chance I am there over the weekend where is the best place to watch the football, somewhere there will be some other brits/ euros/ yanks. I am the only westerner on the ship, the other lads on here are great but i need a bit of western interaction.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Though luck, Songkla city isnt as lively as you thought it is.

2. There's place for Westerners/expats to hang out, the area is just opposite the Indonesian Embassy. There'll be junction where bars, BBQ resto, etc. are held. They're soft bars (nothing funny going on) and it's pretty cool place to hang out with. It's pretty much the place for Westerners to hang out due to the fact that embassies are scattered around the location, and the area is where expats chills after work.

Cant advise on question no. 1 and no.3.

Best of luck!

• Like 1

Google Singora Hotel and draw a 200 meter circle around it. I call it expat corner, where you can get food and drink served up by actual Europeans who have married up and settled into Songkhla. Lots of offshore types stay at Singora and a little enclave of businesses have sprung up to meet their needs.

I highly recommend Da Zorro for pizza and the Buzz Stop for running into several Brits at any given time. They love to fill visitors in on whatever you may need while in Songkhla. There are several other nearby places, but you'll get that info from the folks at Da Zorro and Buzz Stop.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

Agree that the area around the Singora is the best for a farang to stay.Its around here that you are most likely to see the Premiership football,as well.

Plenty of decent massage places in town......its not like Hat Yai where you are likely to get a happy ending,if you like it or not !

Also Samila beach has some decent seafood restaurants......nice for a stroll and a couple of beers in the evening.

Worth a visit if you have the time........Songhkla Zoo and Waterpark.....you will need your own transport to get there.

post-60293-0-12451800-1365742676_thumb.j

post-60293-0-69611900-1365742712_thumb.j

post-60293-0-09367100-1365742871_thumb.j

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hello,

I'm looking to settled down somewhere inexpensive for a while in the south, near the sea. I've heard Songkhla City is a good spot for that, small expat scene and not overrun too much yet with tourism.

I've read the embassy district is good for expats. Any idea what a decent sized studio serviced apartment goes for per month? I don't need anything too fancy but I do need a good Net hookup for work.

Also, any idea on prices for monthly scooter rentals?

thanks in advance