1 Yr Motor Cycle Renewal

robertb4462

• 2 weeks later...

My m/c licence was 18 months or maybe a little more out of date and I had to re-sit the tests and got another 1 year.

Car was almost 2 years out of date, I got a 5 year with no problem.

I think it is down to the people on the day TBH.

I got my five year licence in January, upstairs at the road transport office in Banglamung. I took thirty minutes. You need a proof of residence from immigration, copy of your passport (signed buy you) and your old one year licence. Think it cost Baht 165

Easy clap2.gif

Edited by Oink

I got my five year licence in January, upstairs at the road transport office in Banglamung. I took thirty minutes. You need a proof of residence from immigration, copy of your passport (signed buy you) and your old one year licence. Think it cost Baht 165

Easy clap2.gif

Forgot to mention, they also want a signed copy of your old one year licence for some reason!

Oink

Easy clap2.gif

Forgot to mention, they also want a signed copy of your old one year licence for some reason!

Oink

I don't mean to beat a subject to death (there is another drivers license renewal thread open). But I just want to mention that Chiang Mai Immigration has stopped issuing the "residence certificate" (apparently they don't have enough resources to improve their deplorable service, so decided to reduce service instead). So residents in CM wishing a driving license or vehicle purchase have to get the residence certificate from the nearest consulate or embassy in Bkk.

Is Jomtien Immigration still issuing the residence certificate?

Easy clap2.gif

Oink

Did you go before your 1 year license expired?

Easy clap2.gif

Oink

Did you go before your 1 year license expired?

Yep! 2 days before!

I think they are fairly flexible there except for the retard at the enterance. avoid him if you can! He will try and tell you your insurance is invalid and you have to buy from his agent!

About as useless as the guy at the enterance to immigration in Jomtiem whos primary job appears to be to give mis-information and send people away without explanation.

That said, someone took my tax disc off my bike. Went up there and was easy to replace. cost Baht 25. can you belive that!! But I did have a copy of the original!

Edited by Oink