North Pattaya Fairground Attraction Shut-Down By Police Anti-Gambling Unit

Rimmer

North Pattaya Fairground attraction shut-down by Police anti-gambling unit

gambling-6.jpg
PATTAYA:--Following orders from the Ministry of the Interior Pattaya Police have now set-up a dedicated anti-gambling unit which shut down a fairground attraction at a Flea Market in the car park of Tesco-Lotus in North Pattaya on Wednesday afternoon.

The Provincial Governor has also informed Pattaya City Hall officials to assist Police in identifying attractions which are suspected of contravening the Gambling Act of 1935.

Attractions where players pay money to win prizes such as cuddly toys are commonplace around the world and around Thailand and can often be seen at Temple Fairs which take place from time-to-time.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/81687/north-pattaya-fairground-attraction-shut-down-police-anti-gambling-unit/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-04-04

Not much wonder the policeman in the pic is scratching his head!! Is there really no more serious "crimes" needing attention!

So what about when you give money for a go at scooping out a plastic duck with a lucky number on it to win a prize, or pay money to have a go with a badly aligned air gun to shoot targets and win a prize, or or or, ah <deleted>!!!

• Like 2

This is petty...

Why not go for the real crooks like Jet Ski operators and overcharging Baht Buses.

I seem to think if this was in the UK it would not be defined as gambling because it was a game of skill rather than chance, but there again seeing the condition of some of the darts and guns I have used on many of these "fair ground" attractions maybe it is a game of luck.

• Like 1

Seem sensible, after all you wouldn't want to corrupt the masses with anything as sinister as this. Nice to see that hardcore gambling, most often run by the police, is still available along with Thailand firm reputation of being the 'Whore House of Asia' as it mass prostitution is being kept fully intact for the sake of tourism.

burp.gifwelcomeani.gifbeatdeadhorse.gifintheclub.gifguitar.gif

• Like 2

"...In exchange for cash players had to throw darts at balloons to win a prize...."

<deleted>?? In Australia this happens every week and especially at public events like Moomba and all the agricultural shows.

And bugger me dead, I am sure it happens at church fairs as well.

...BINGO....

Sorry I just won $25 and a tray of meat.

• Like 1

''
The Provincial Governor has also informed Pattaya City Hall officials to assist Police in''

Now here is the information I was looking for.

Next time I have a gambling den next to my apartment, and I am told there is nothing that I can do, because of people on the take. Now I know.

It is the Provincial Governor that can solve the problem..

These people that gamble all night, come and go, preventing neighbours from sleeping, and then stealing whatever they can get from neighbours before they leave, after having lost everything.

But then, would there be news soon afterwards that I have committed suicide.

Yoiu know, many of these farangs are quite troubled people....

• Like 1

WHAT ABOUT THE THAI LOTTERY FOR GODS SAKE. WAKE UP THAILAND EVERYONE IS LAUGHING AT YOU.

The lottery is allowed by law. Just like betting on horse racing. But this going after carnival games is beyond belief.

• Like 1

Judge: "So, do you admit to the illegal gambling charges laid against you?"

Accused: "No, your Honor. All I did was paying 20 Baht at a fairground stall so I could throw a few darts. I was good at it and won a cuddly toy."

Judge: "You abominable criminal, you! Don't you even have the slightest remorse for what you did?! You human detritus, you scum, you corruptor of morals! Guilty!"

Accused: [speechless]

• Like 1

This is petty...

Why not go for the real crooks like Jet Ski operators and overcharging Baht Buses.

I seem to think if this was in the UK it would not be defined as gambling because it was a game of skill rather than chance, but there again seeing the condition of some of the darts and guns I have used on many of these "fair ground" attractions maybe it is a game of luck.

No, it's a scam, you'll very rarely win, blunt darts, under-inflated balloons, altered gun sights, weighted cans etc.

• Like 1

This is petty...

No, it's a scam, you'll very rarely win, blunt darts, under-inflated balloons, altered gun sights, weighted cans etc.

So this is it.. this is all the Pattaya police can un-cover.. blunt darts. wow.. I'm impressed. this will put a dent in illegal gambling. Pattaya is clean.. yeahhh. "get away from that cuddly bear dart game granny, or go to jail you degenerate gambler you." coffee1.gif

WHAT ABOUT THE THAI LOTTERY FOR GODS SAKE. WAKE UP THAILAND EVERYONE IS LAUGHING AT YOU.

WAKE UP THAILAND EVERYONE IS LAUGHING AT YOU. YOU HAVE A NATIONAL LOTTERY FOR GODS SAKE, LEAVE YOUR PEOPLE ALONE YOU BULLY BOYS.

No need to shout. We all heard you the first time.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

WAKE UP THAILAND EVERYONE IS LAUGHING AT YOU. YOU HAVE A NATIONAL LOTTERY FOR GODS SAKE, LEAVE YOUR PEOPLE ALONE YOU BULLY BOYS.

Please abide by forum etiquette. Do not post in all caps. In the future, your posts will be hidden from view and a warning will be handed out.

wai2.gif

Does this mean that the monks will be thrown in jail, because of the carnivals in the temple areas?

Some people spend thousands on lottery tickets, and are very much addicted, but now we cant even throw some darts for 20 baht!

Thank goodnes that the Police acted so efficiently . This will make a wonderous addition to the "Crime Free" figures & cure those hopeless Gambling addicts that have the audacity to throw Darts at Balloons.

Aftar reading this , I know that on my next trip back I will be safer knowing this illegal activity is being Policed .

The kid is probably saving up for a Jet Ski so he can hit the Big Time

Another laff a thon 'News' Story about Pattaya the "Family destination"

coffee1.gif