Where? Stripping & Selling All Asset In Home

epicstuff

have you ever lived in Thailand? have you had to do anything through the courts? have you ever experienced locals making problems for the sake of it because the've lost face . legally solid has nothing to do with it.. I AM LEGALY SOLID... but still I might have issues with unnessassery crap I will have to deal with if I make hime loose face. which I have already done big time.

you've hit the nail on the head . . My lease is good and he can do nothing; he only wants a chunk of my land but I was planning to develop that bit further. however he doesnt want to pay anything, which would be the reasonable thing( negotiate). trouble is I still have to keep paying yearly rent , If I cant forfill my plans what would be the point . I am legally solid but I don't want to have to take any court action either if he hiders me. My lawyer thinks he could make too many problems and i should walk away but If I walk away I loose the money I paid for the lease, the rent todate. and any refurbs I've done over the years. And he gets the additional prize of my hard work and investment.

So the guy who owns the land on your long term lease wants to sell the property and he can't due to you having the lease correct? He's being a d*** and making life unreasonable for you if I understand. If your lease is registered and legal, you're in great bargaining position to call the shots on where this goes from here. Give him a number to get his property back and in the meantime, watch your back.

I'm also confused.

"My lease is good and he can do nothing." - This is what you say.

"My lawyer thinks he could make too many problems and I should walk away." - This is what the lawyer says.

Which one is it???? Are you in a strong legal position, or not????

Yes, I live here, on Phuket. No, I have never been through the Thai Court system. Unlike yourself, I would never get involved with property in this country. I've posted to this effect on many occasions. Your situation is only one example why I have not, and will not, "buy" property here, and I use the term "buy" very losely. I'm not criticizing you for building/leasing etc - each to their own, but you are now experiencing the some of the reasons why I have chosen not to.

. Its Ok some people like to play safe , other like to speculate to

accumulate. but life allways has a habit of throwing up the odd

unexpected and a challenge. sometimes for good sometimes for bad . but

life would be dull if you never took any risks at all. and just for

your education about thai legal systems. taking something through

courts here is sometimes costly can take a long time and even if you

win it will often feel like you've lost.. fortunalety I'm well covered

and don't really think that has any baring on my issues, my issue is

whether I want to to further commit when there is bad feeling in the

air and a possible situation of looking over my shoulder. That kind of

situation could come from anything doesnt have to be the property market..

• Like 1

have you ever lived in Thailand? have you had to do anything through the courts? have you ever experienced locals making problems for the sake of it because the've lost face . legally solid has nothing to do with it.. I AM LEGALY SOLID... but still I might have issues with unnessassery crap I will have to deal with if I make hime loose face. which I have already done big time.

you've hit the nail on the head . . My lease is good and he can do nothing; he only wants a chunk of my land but I was planning to develop that bit further. however he doesnt want to pay anything, which would be the reasonable thing( negotiate). trouble is I still have to keep paying yearly rent , If I cant forfill my plans what would be the point . I am legally solid but I don't want to have to take any court action either if he hiders me. My lawyer thinks he could make too many problems and i should walk away but If I walk away I loose the money I paid for the lease, the rent todate. and any refurbs I've done over the years. And he gets the additional prize of my hard work and investment.

So the guy who owns the land on your long term lease wants to sell the property and he can't due to you having the lease correct? He's being a d*** and making life unreasonable for you if I understand. If your lease is registered and legal, you're in great bargaining position to call the shots on where this goes from here. Give him a number to get his property back and in the meantime, watch your back.

I'm also confused.

"My lawyer thinks he could make too many problems and I should walk away." - This is what the lawyer says.

Yes, I live here, on Phuket. No, I have never been through the Thai Court system. Unlike yourself, I would never get involved with property in this country. I've posted to this effect on many occasions. Your situation is only one example why I have not, and will not, "buy" property here, and I use the term "buy" very losely. I'm not criticizing you for building/leasing etc - each to their own, but you are now experiencing the some of the reasons why I have chosen not to.

"other like to speculate to accumulate" - I like to "speculate and accumulate" as well, but only with things I 100% own, in my name. Anything else, you may as well call a "donation." :) :)

The only "accumulation" in this story will be by your Thai landlord. :)

I'm also confused.

"other like to speculate to accumulate" - I like to "speculate and accumulate" as well, but only with things I 100% own, in my name. Anything else, you may as well call a "donation." smile.pngsmile.png

The only "accumulation" in this story will be by your Thai landlord. smile.png

well said NKM, i've always accumulated to speculate, need i say more about this OP, his reply to me shows the real problem "himself", so he is saying you come on a open forum, give a halve baked story, not the full story, wanting a responsible reply, i give a honest and open reply to your confusing post, typical know it all, once you pick up on there gross mistakes, Mr Hyde the abusive side pops it's ugly head up, simple get your story 100% correct, facts and figures, re-post it, but you can't because you yourself really don't know the real facts, your guessing, hoping someone will come up with the answer, now your using the excuse, it was only for a scrap dealer, keeping your option open is, you have none!!!!!, good luck at getting one over on your thai landlord, whilst watching his back, really!!!you want to strip out a property of all metals with any value, please again explain OP the property, is it yours out right in a thai name or a thai company or is it your but on a lease, or are you just renting but have put so much money into a rental property. can't see why you won't simply explain the property ownership details. hope flaming wording by the OP has been noted by mods ​ , did the OP call me a itchy t**t

Edited by britpop

If you can prove you paid for house and did not legally gave her by letter to the land office then you can take it back and sell since you can't own land

By the end of a lease all buildings constructed and/or paid for by the lessee during the lease become the property of the lessor. Any destruction of those buildings by the lessee are a criminal offence punishable by Thai law.

Any lease longer than 3 years has to be registered at the land office, otherwise the lease is considered illegal.

Just my 2 satang.

This problem could be easily solved through more wealth
transfer. Simply get as much money as you can from friends, family and your
bank accounts and then build nice new buildings all over his land. He is sure
to think you’re the best thing that came his way. Then when you’re forced off
his land just move to a rental and write lots of long letters to him about how
good you were to him. If you ever find any more wealth you can transfer it to
my wife's land by way of building on it. A nice apartment block would be great.
Just PM me when you find more wealth.

This problem could be easily solved through more wealth

transfer. Simply get as much money as you can from friends, family and your

bank accounts and then build nice new buildings all over his land. He is sure

to think you’re the best thing that came his way. Then when you’re forced off

his land just move to a rental and write lots of long letters to him about how

good you were to him. If you ever find any more wealth you can transfer it to

my wife's land by way of building on it. A nice apartment block would be great.

Just PM me when you find more wealth.

And I wonder where your wife got the money to buy "her" land. :) :)

Your first problem is your lawyer is giving you bad advice and just wants to take the easy way out. Who is your lawyer?

If you are legally sound, then what do you believe the Owner can do? You have not addressed if you are worried about physical threats or legal threats or just feeling intimidated? Is the land remote or in a built up secure area?

If you are legally sound and you have grounds to go legal, then it sounds like its time to go on the offense against Somchai.

There was an auction house just south of Thalang east side of rte 402.

Sorry to hear of your problems. I often wondered about these long term leases and the land accruing, How dangerous it might be is to get between a Thai and his ever soaring profit margin.

Your story is another warning about investment here. I've learned the hard way too, and am about to walk on the 2 mil (baht ) company investment I made.

Edited by MacChine

With all the hassles and legal disputes over building on leased land, I often wonder why mobile homes (or some other kind of relocatable units) haven't proven more popular among expats here.

Seems the, er, " counselors " misinform to make it seem safe, they are still touting 30 year plus 30 year renewal plus 30 year total load of BS.

Keeps the lease land priced as high as freehold, what a SCAM !!

With all the hassles and legal disputes over building on leased land, I often wonder why mobile homes (or some other kind of relocatable units) haven't proven more popular among expats here.

Rentals are quite that.

I'd love to have an old bus, turned into home. Then travel from one location to another.

Why would the Thai's offer such a service when they can get foreigners build houses on their for them for free? :) :)

Rentals are quite that.

I'd love to have an old bus, turned into home. Then travel from one location to another.

Have posted before, this is the ONLY house a foreigner can own in Thailand, 100% in their name. :) :)

http://www.gowinnebago.com/