Truevisions Prepares For Life After Epl

eric747

Phuket Sports: TrueVisions prepares for life after EPL

phuketsports_CELEBRATION_Liverpool_s_Ste
CELEBRATION: Liverpool's Steven Gerrard ® celebrates scoring against Tottenham Hotspur as does Cable Thai Holdings. Photo: Reuters

PHUKET: With the English Premier League (EPL) no longer on its program list, TrueVisions, a leading subscription-based television operator, has earmarked more than 1.5 billion baht for new content and technology, offering more high-definition (HD) channels and a fee discount for existing customers to retain them.

The audio and visual broadcasting rights to the EPL soccer matches for the next three seasons were secured by Cable Thai Holdings (CTH), a group of 300 local cable operators.

A top executive at TrueVisions insisted that losing the EPL would have only a small effect on his company.

It conducted a survey on the likely impact on its business after the broadcasting of the current EPL season ends in May.

Attaphon na Bangxang, chief programming officer for TrueVisions, said the company would offer six more HD channels – Motor Vision, Outdoor Channel, NBA TV, HBO Signature, HBO Hit and H2 – in addition to the current 17. Besides new HD channels, TrueVisions will offer more standard-definition (SD) channels and repackage them to increase the value for existing customers.

For instance, the new Platinum HD package will have 23 HD and 199 SD channels, while the previous deal offered only 17 HD and 121 SD. Current Gold HD package customers will be upgraded to Platinum HD automatically.

Meanwhile, customers with the current Gold HD package (that has 10 HD channels) will be offered 23 HD and 107 SD channels, while customers who subscribed to another Gold HD package that offers 3 HD and 105 channels will be able to watch 16 HD and 107 SD channels.

Customers who pay for any of those packages will be able to use 'TrueVisions Anywhere', a service that allows customers to get access to its TV programs via multiple platforms such as TV, tablet and smart phone.

Under this 1.5-billion baht plan, the company will invest in new transmission technology, related equipment and new TV content.

Managing director Anat Mekpaiboonvatana added that existing customers could get a 100 baht discount on their monthly subscription fee if they declined the upgraded services. The valid term for the fee discount is one year.

"Under our marketing strategies for this year, the company will also stress the customer relationship program via customer privileges that are associated with True Corp's 'True You'," Anat said.

The company targets single-digit growth in revenue from 2012-2013.

TrueVisions currently has a viewership of two million, comprising both paid and free packages.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuketsports/2013/Phuket-Sports-TrueVisions-prepares-for-life-after-EPL-20701.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-04-05

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100 Baht off? Whoopee.

In reality, how many bars, pubs, clubs and hotels are going to switch off and maybe go via some other service when their customers start asking if they have EPL and walk away when told, no have EPL?

I think true are dreaming when there are other options available than the repeats they keep showing, A HD repeat is still a repeat!

• Like 2

A top executive at TrueVisions insisted that losing the EPL would have only a small effect on his company.

What kind of bull$hitting canute is he?

I can visualise the family discussions now:

Teelak I want to keep it for the excellent Thai HD films and soaps.

OK - you pay for it then my sweet.

Teelak you know I stopped earning that kind of money the moment I met you.

Ok - we are agreed - it hits the bin then.

My sweet, I can buy you a new GMM box with plenty Thai tv. 1000 baht and no monthly fees.

You good man, Teerak. Now you have money take me go restaurant.

• Like 1

My sweet, I can buy you a new GMM box with plenty Thai tv. 1000 baht and no monthly fees.

You good man, Teerak. Now you have money take me go restaurant.

Are we in the same country?

Strange language.biggrin.png

• Like 2

100 Baht off? Whoopee.

In reality, how many bars, pubs, clubs and hotels are going to switch off and maybe go via some other service when their customers start asking if they have EPL and walk away when told, no have EPL?

All of them.

• Like 2

The Premier League is pleased to
announce that Cable Thai Holdings has been awarded the live audio visual
broadcast rights for all 380 Barclays Premier League matches per season
for seasons 2013/14 – 2015/16 in Thailand, Cambodia and Laos.

Premier League Chief Executive, Richard Scudamore, said: "We are
extremely pleased to have a new partner in Cable Thai Holdings (CTH) in
Thailand, Cambodia and Laos.

"CTH has an excellent reputation as a high quality broadcaster and we
look forward to working with them as they deliver a premium offering
that will showcase the Barclays Premier League to our fans in all three
countries."

CTH Chairman, Mr Wichai Tongtang, said: "Our win of the Barclays
Premier League rights is a win for CTH and also all the people of
Thailand all over the Kingdom. With our proposed delivery model and
technology we aim to make the BPL accessible to all walks of life in
Thailand in an affordable and engaging manner.

"The Barclays Premier League is the most exciting, popular and
fervently supported football league in the world today and we are thus
proud to be partners with the BPL."

For an overview of the rights deals struck for the 2013/14 season onwards, click here.

For more information please contact the Premier League Press Office on +44 20 7864 9190 or [email protected]

Any one know how to get Cable Thai Holdings t.v.

here you go

CALL CENTER

Tel : (662) 401-3333

Fax : (662) 616-1331

GREAT. Doesn't help we far flung Farang, or Thais for that matter, living in the rice paddies.

3G is still years away so can't even stream the football. ----- A POX on TrueVisions, Anat Mekpaiboonvatana can shove his 100 Baht up his ring!

• Like 1

Is that what your tirak said

Any one know how to get Cable Thai Holdings t.v.

here you go

CALL CENTER

Tel : (662) 401-3333

Fax : (662) 616-1331

GREAT. Doesn't help we far flung Farang, or Thais for that matter, living in the rice paddies.

3G is still years away so can't even stream the football. ----- A POX on TrueVisions, Anat Mekpaiboonvatana can shove his 100 Baht up his ring!

You are offering him a bung?

Bribery and corruption rules, then w00t.gif

• Like 2

So what channels will Cable Thai Holdings be selling/giving their matches to?

Unless one of them is True, I think I'm going to be without EPL (on TV) next season. My condo has a communal True dish, serving two condo buildings. I can't see them getting cable by August.

What's the use in spending money for more channels when with their miniture antenna, the programs crash every time it gets a bit cloudy? Luckily I have cable and fixed and variable receivers which do not loose the signal when it rains. It's still very annoying when you're in the middle of a program though. Still, you can watch it again a day later and sometimes the day after that (if its not raining, that is)

Unless they reach a deal with CTH to rebroadcast EPL, they can stuff their 'Visions'. B100 off the B1500 for the Gold package - laughable.

It was convenient but pricey to have all the sport that they offer but it's about time they were forced out of their monopolistic mindset.

I hate True....Vision, Move, and Internet. I have dumped them all in the past and forever (which I hope actually turns-out to be a long time). I cannot recall how many times they have changed television programming mid-contract, and always with the outcome of my losing several channels which were the basis for my choosing True in-the-first-place. I laughed my bum off when they screwed themselves with the Euro 2012 debacle. Now EPL. Ha, Ha, Ha True.clap2.gif

• Like 1

So what channels will Cable Thai Holdings be selling/giving their matches to?

I would pay an extra 1,000B for a service which does not have the yoboo round ball football on it. I could live happily for ever not having premier league football results rammed down my throat!!

Last July I gave up on all Thai TV period. Now all I have to do it try and keep my Internet connection from going off all the time. IMHO TRUE Sucks.

I gave TV up years ago. Download all docs and movies, stream football live. all free once you have an average internet connection. :)

Perfect.

• Like 1

Bullxxxx its not going to make a difference to revenues!

I only subscribed because of EPL. Have been paying 2400 a month for two boxes for the last 4 years. Told the wife to cancel it already since I'm not back in Thailand until September. She will get one of those black dishes that seems to have all the Thai channels and cartoons for the kids as well. There are many like me....why would you subscribe to True if not for the EPL??

For movies everyone DL via torrent sites and then play it thru their TV anyway. And for EPL anyone with a decent internet connection goes to wiziwig.tv anyway.

That True Executive will lose his job I hope.

Edited by metisdead
Profanity
  • Like 1