Bomb Kills Two Top Provincial Officials In Thai South

webfact

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sichonsteve said:

If there was one thing that I don't understand about the muslim faith it is their absolute rejection of any criticism of their faith and the extreme reaction to it!!

One thing that they cannot be accused of though is dishonesty and unfairness as they could show normal Thai's a thing or two in this respect.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After my very recent 26 months in the South (until just January) I can say definitively the people there haven't any laws they live by, no rules of society, no morality in human interaction - human interaction is instead to look out for number one no matter what it takes, which we obviously know does not constitute a positive human interaction. Their inability to accept criticism of their faith, or of themselves, is predicated in a lack of human development, i.e., intolerance toward infidels and the consequent insecurities that stem from their personal and cultural isolation in a modern and changing world.

The level of civilization there is low and only declining rather than improving. The foreigner, the fahlang, is less than human and to be treated and regarded as such. It's a minute to minute struggle for almost everyone there against the secret plans, plotting and scheming against almost everyone there.

The foreigner in particular is considered and treated as a soi dog. I remain astounded by the barbarism of the vast majority of the population in those provinces. The only humanly decent interaction occurs at worship services, however, as we've seen in the Middle East after Friday prayers, after the worship service is over, it's every man and his kin for himself.

Some in southernmost Thailand throw bombs, most are completely dishonest and are typically malevolent.

The only rule is the law of the jungle, i.e., to lie, steal and cheat as many people as possible throughout the course of each day. The more people down there can look out only for number one, the more the day has been successful. Good luck to the Thai government in dealing with such people..

+1.My experience there,too.

Sichonsteve said:

If there was one thing that I don't understand about the muslim faith it is their absolute rejection of any criticism of their faith and the extreme reaction to it!!

One thing that they cannot be accused of though is dishonesty and unfairness as they could show normal Thai's a thing or two in this respect.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After my very recent 26 months in the South (until just January) I can say definitively the people there haven't any laws they live by, no rules of society, no morality in human interaction - human interaction is instead to look out for number one no matter what it takes, which we obviously know does not constitute a positive human interaction. Their inability to accept criticism of their faith, or of themselves, is predicated in a lack of human development, i.e., intolerance toward infidels and the consequent insecurities that stem from their personal and cultural isolation in a modern and changing world.

The level of civilization there is low and only declining rather than improving. The foreigner, the fahlang, is less than human and to be treated and regarded as such. It's a minute to minute struggle for almost everyone there against the secret plans, plotting and scheming against almost everyone there.

The foreigner in particular is considered and treated as a soi dog. I remain astounded by the barbarism of the vast majority of the population in those provinces. The only humanly decent interaction occurs at worship services, however, as we've seen in the Middle East after Friday prayers, after the worship service is over, it's every man and his kin for himself.

Some in southernmost Thailand throw bombs, most are completely dishonest and are typically malevolent.

The only rule is the law of the jungle, i.e., to lie, steal and cheat as many people as possible throughout the course of each day. The more people down there can look out only for number one, the more the day has been successful. Good luck to the Thai government in dealing with such people..

sounds like something you are saying about back home. Are you confused between Thailand and back home?

Thanks simple1 for the link, yes it was Bangladesh I was referring to, I was just going from memory so was slightly off

Also not nice for human beings as commented by SICHONSTEVE I agree, while some of the Muslims in the area are not a problem it would be impossible to sort out the guilty ones, so a clean sweep is needed

drastic? yes, needed? yes, nice? no

just my thoughts as an alternative to rolling over and giving them what they want, show them that murder and violence does not work

and I like the idea of shipping them of to somewhere like Iran, where they can live their Islamic dream

do you mean like bring in the drones and surgically bomb them. that sounds very civilised

The only lasting solution to the violence is for the vast majority of the southern provinces to completely repudiate and alienate the murdering b#$%@ds. As long as they have support, even if just tacit, from a significant portion of the population there won't be peace in the area.

Talking with retired ex-leaders from a spent faction is nice... but they should be winning hearts and minds (and not the USA way).

this is difficult when US is so involved with Thai affiars

As it not not been publicly articulated by the various insurgency groups what demands they have, can you please provide the sources that support your claim Thai Malays wish to integrate the deep South provinces with Malaysia.

From an online source:

"Some locals in the area support some kind of independence from Thailand, while others clearly do not. The national referendum to support the junta-backed constitution for Thailand was favored by a majority in all three southernmost provinces and passed overwhelmingly in the southern region of Thailand, with 87% voters who participated there approving it"

Edited by simple1

As it not not been publicly articulated by the various insurgency groups what demands they have, can you please provide the sources that support your claim Thai Malays wish to integrate the deep South provinces with Malaysia.

From an online source:

"Some locals in the area support some kind of independence from Thailand, while others clearly do not. The national referendum to support the junta-backed constitution for Thailand was favored by a majority in all three southernmost provinces and passed overwhelmingly in the southern region of Thailand, with 87% voters who participated there approving it"

Maybe they have no demands and just want to kill people because they enjoy it. Great question I am sure, but this is Internet forum for entertainment purposes. Although I am sure we all would like to solve the worlds problems as we see it, we are all perhaps not the best people to do so. Relying on the Internet for knowledge on these issues is a bit like hiring a lawyer that never went to law school but read the rules of evidence on the Internet. Big foot is an alien:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/dr-franklin-ruehl-phd/is-bigfoot-possibly-an-alien_b_1578844.html

And supported by professor Potsi.

http://bigfootisanalien.com/

I do realise that you enjoy entertaining yourself by flaming and trolling. However some people do have a genuine interest in topics posted on this forum

From an online source:

Maybe they have no demands and just want to kill people because they enjoy it. Great question I am sure, but this is Internet forum for entertainment purposes. Although I am sure we all would like to solve the worlds problems as we see it, we are all perhaps not the best people to do so. Relying on the Internet for knowledge on these issues is a bit like hiring a lawyer that never went to law school but read the rules of evidence on the Internet. Big foot is an alien:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/dr-franklin-ruehl-phd/is-bigfoot-possibly-an-alien_b_1578844.html

And supported by professor Potsi.http://bigfootisanalien.com/

I do realise that you enjoy entertaining yourself by flaming and trolling. However some people do have a genuine interest in topics posted on this forum

Lighten up and enjoy life.

I answered the question as candidly and forthrightly as it can be answered. Some humans are simply savages and kill, mame and terrorize because they enjoy it and it fulfills them. This may be a difficult concept to accept because most people want to be believe an innate good resides deep in every human.

The Bigfoot example was merely to illustrate the absurdity and futility of answering such questions on the Internet. I seriously doubt insurgents are going to post on some public site the true motivation of their actions and they usually have some other excuse. The problem is when one stated agenda is met, they will create other agendas so they can continue to do what they enjoy and what they do best.

• Like 2

From an online source:

Maybe they have no demands and just want to kill people because they enjoy it. Great question I am sure, but this is Internet forum for entertainment purposes. Although I am sure we all would like to solve the worlds problems as we see it, we are all perhaps not the best people to do so. Relying on the Internet for knowledge on these issues is a bit like hiring a lawyer that never went to law school but read the rules of evidence on the Internet. Big foot is an alien:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/dr-franklin-ruehl-phd/is-bigfoot-possibly-an-alien_b_1578844.html

And supported by professor Potsi.http://bigfootisanalien.com/

I answered the question as candidly and forthrightly as it can be answered. Some humans are simply savages and kill, mame and terrorize because they enjoy it and it fulfills them. This may be a difficult concept to accept because most people want to be believe an innate good resides deep in every human.

The Bigfoot example was merely to illustrate the absurdity and futility of answering such questions on the Internet. I seriously doubt insurgents are going to post on some public site the true motivation of their actions and they usually have some other excuse. The problem is when one stated agenda is met, they will create other agendas so they can continue to do what they enjoy and what they do best.

Of course your commentary and opinions are not influenced by content gleaned from the WWW.

I trust you will heed your own advise in your future postings.

Of course your commentary and opinions are not influenced by content gleaned from the WWW.

Common sense, logic, reasoning and life experiences dictate my belief system. BTW, that web site I linked is hilarious. You should read frequently asked questions. To me, that is what net is good for . . . entertainment and buying stuff.

Brother is anti terrorism so perhaps my view of groups such as these is jaded by truth and view of those devoting their lives to investigating such matters. . . . He probably should be or may be watching some of you.

We just disagree. You view these guys as advancing some loftier goal. You blame victims for the violence. You believe the solution is to acquiesce to terrorists and terrorism and give them want they want. You promote inaction by those that may suppress terrorism by throwing around the repercussions of resisting or opposing terrorist activities.

I simply pointed out that insurgents do this because they are savages and they apparently derive joy and deep feeling of satisfaction from killing, maming, terrorizing and making innocent civilians suffer. There is perhaps no real loftier purpose behind their conduct. They assert that loftier purposes drive their conduct, but I see it as excuses. You can give these people land, GS 550 jets, Lurssen yachts, Pagani sports cars, golden toilet seats or whatever they say they want and they will still find a reason to kill, mame and terrorize innocent people.

So, if that makes me a troll to disagree with your twisted views . . . Cool. Troll I am baby.

Edited by F430murci
  • Like 2

Common sense, logic, reasoning and life experiences dictate my belief system. BTW, that web site I linked is hilarious. You should read frequently asked questions. To me, that is what net is good for . . . entertainment and buying stuff.

Brother is anti terrorism so perhaps my view of groups such as these is jaded by truth and view of those devoting their lives to investigating such matters. . . . He probably should be or may be watching some of you.

We just disagree. You view these guys as advancing some loftier goal. You blame victims for the violence. You believe the solution is to acquiesce to terrorists and terrorism and give them want they want. You promote inaction by those that may suppress terrorism by throwing around the repercussions of resisting or opposing terrorist activities.

I simply pointed out that insurgents do this because they are savages and they apparently derive joy and deep feeling of satisfaction from killing, maming, terrorizing and making innocent civilians suffer. There is perhaps no real loftier purpose behind their conduct. They assert that loftier purposes drive their conduct, but I see it as excuses. You can give these people land, GS 550 jets, Lurssen yachts, Pagani sports cars, golden toilet seats or whatever they say they want and they will still find a reason to kill, mame and terrorize innocent people.

So, if that makes me a troll to disagree with your twisted views . . . Cool. Troll I am baby.

It's a shame you didn't follow your own advise. All you do is prove your ignorance with absolutely no insight whatsoever into the situation in the deep South. I am also sure your alleged special forces friends and acquaintances in the US, also know FA about the deep South.

Given your deep knowledge of counter insurgency experts you will know of Rand Corporation. Go to their website and acquire their strategy paper: The Malay-Muslim Insurgency in Southern Thailand Understanding the Conflict’s Evolving Dynamic by Peter Chalk Prepared - for the Office of the Secretary of Defense

From the Thai perspective obtain a copy of a study written by a Thai colonel. The Conflict in Southern Thailand by Chumphot Nurakkate - Centre for Defence and Strategic Studies Australian Defence College dated March 2012.

Then let's hear from you with your commentary, rather than rants

Edited by simple1

Go to their website and read what, what they want public to hear. Haha, the notion that truth, confidential or government intel, and real agendas are posted on net for all to see on issues such as this is a bit naive. Now your making stuff up about me and completely avoiding the issues and apparently want to place blame on everyone but the whack jobs indiscriminately killing innocent people. You pick and chose imternet articles that support your agenda that again have about as much relevance as big foot keeping their UFOs at the bottom of lakes and leaving during the winter being proved because water levels in lakes go down in the winter. It's on the Net.

I just don't buy into the belief that those with legitimate and confidential intel about terrorism are posting this intelligence all over the web. God knows in Thailand all kind of information is reported that generally is proffered as the result of a political motivation or agenda. Most here make fun of it.

Edited by F430murci

The issue is really quiet simple. I believe terrorist generally kill because they enjoy it and it is fulfilling to them. You apparently believe it has some loftier purpose like land disputes. Killing and maming women and children over land or anything like that is just as disgraceful as doing because they enjoy it.

The real problem is how to you integrate savages that kill and terrorize women, children, teachers and etc. Back into society if you give them what you think they want. You cannot. They will kill again because that is what fulfills them.

• Like 1

Sichonsteve said:

sounds like something you are saying about back home. Are you confused between Thailand and back home?

It is a pity you don't know the differences between Thailand - its southern separatist insurgency in particular -, and my "back home." Do you have experience in the Thai South based on time spent there on a sustained basis? Do you know my "back home" based on any experience? Or do you base your opinions of my "back home" predicated on cultural deficits, intellectual clichés; an overall state of socio-cultural retardation?

It's a pity you deny my experience on a sustained basis for your own limited reality.

Thanks simple1 for the link, yes it was Bangladesh I was referring to, I was just going from memory so was slightly off

Also not nice for human beings as commented by SICHONSTEVE I agree, while some of the Muslims in the area are not a problem it would be impossible to sort out the guilty ones, so a clean sweep is needed

drastic? yes, needed? yes, nice? no

just my thoughts as an alternative to rolling over and giving them what they want, show them that murder and violence does not work

and I like the idea of shipping them of to somewhere like Iran, where they can live their Islamic dream

and we have to ship you back home too

Sichonsteve said:

It is a pity you don't know the differences between Thailand - its southern separatist insurgency in particular -, and my "back home." Do you have experience in the Thai South based on time spent there on a sustained basis? Do you know my "back home" based on any experience? Or do you base your opinions of my "back home" predicated on cultural deficits, intellectual clichés; an overall state of socio-cultural retardation?

It's a pity you deny my experience on a sustained basis for your own limited reality.

people like you believe that you have experience of a country because you have bombed it and killed many of the locals. This is the intelligence you have. How to kill and cause mischief and then you believe you know all there is to know about that country.

Sichonsteve said:

people like you believe that you have experience of a country because you have bombed it and killed many of the locals. This is the intelligence you have. How to kill and cause mischief and then you believe you know all there is to know about that country.

You haven't answered my questions - avoidance behavior always has purpose. Some people call it evasiveness.

Instead you declare that I bomb people and made some remark about my intelligence.

You make the statement that I think I know all there is to know about a foreign country.

You sound angry and bitter.

Sichonsteve said:

This is not my experience. What were you doing for 2 years down there?

I had the impression that the area is what Thailand might have been like 20-30 years ago as far as treatment of falang goes, as obviously it's not overtouristed, the westerner walking down the street is somewhat unusual and is treated as something out of the ordinary. I got a lot of "try this food out", or "come back and have coffee with me again tomorrow", or "try some durian", etc., which I know happens elsewhere but seems a rarity, particularly in the usual spots like BKK/Patts/Phuket/CM/etc. But also I did come across some Islam-is-the-one-true-religion scum, particularly in Yala which (according to the book "Jihad or Quest for Justice" re: the terrorism in S Thailand) seems to be a centerpoint for the psycho jihadi types.

I can recommend the online piece entitled "Malay Muslims and the Chosen People Syndrome", which describes what you are saying about the religion, they consider themselves to be the "chosen people", are not open to criticism or logical thought, etc. It's like a double whammy, first the Asian mindset finds it difficult to accept criticism due to "loss of face" issues, and second, the religion itself teaches that Muslims are chosen people...but this in mind I didn't encounter the level of barbarity you describe.

Edited by squarethecircle