Cancellation Of Boi Visa And Wp

Hi,

I just had a cancellation of BOI visa ad work permit does anyone know how fast I should go out of the country and come back?

24 hours. But you can get a 7 day extension at immigration for 1800b. Nice aren't they!

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

You can apply for a 7 day extension (1900 Baht) which is usually granted to allow you to arrange travel. After that you must leave the country. You can come back the same day. On enrty you will be given a VOA 30 days which can be extended by 7 days.

Edited by PlastikbinLina

I hasten to add, if you come back by bus you will only get 15 days VOA and be allowed a 7 day extension. Come back by plane you get 30 days. If you are Russian you are allowed 30 days on entry either by land or air. If you go to Laos you can get a TR 60 double entry which will give you up to 6 months which includes two 30 day extensions but you must leave after the first 30 day extension but come back the same day and get the next 60 days plus 30 day extension. Each extension will cost 1900 Baht. Any other SEA country Thai Embassy will only give you a single entry TR 60.

Edited by PlastikbinLina

No such thing as a "BOI Visa" to my knowledge.

If you are here on a valid visa you can stay until it it expires. if your visa was extended with a permission to stay based on employment extension the being a BOI company you still have the 7 days grace to leave the country.

Edited by Spoonman

If you had a work permit then you had a Non O immigrant B Visa. If it was issued here then you have to report in every 90 days. If it was issued outside Thailand you must leave the country every 90 days. You are allowed a 7 day extension in either case. Once your work permit has expired or is cancelled your B visa is no longer valid and you must report to the immigration office to inform them of the cancellation. If you need time to arrange travvel they usually give you a 7 day (max) extension. I can assure you this is correct as I work in Thai Immigration office Phuket. Good Luck

Oh ok so I get the 7 days grace before leavin the country after canceling my BOI WP , visa indeed was a non immigrant b Valid for 2 years (following BOI )

2 year Non B............ I think not.

You was on a permission to stay extension.

If you had a work permit then you had a Non O immigrant B Visa. If it was issued here then you have to report in every 90 days. If it was issued outside Thailand you must leave the country every 90 days. You are allowed a 7 day extension in either case. Once your work permit has expired or is cancelled your B visa is no longer valid and you must report to the immigration office to inform them of the cancellation. If you need time to arrange travvel they usually give you a 7 day (max) extension. I can assure you this is correct as I work in Thai Immigration office Phuket. Good Luck

I'm not sure about this, as I had a Non Immigrant Class B visa, which we call a Non-B. I am not aware of a "Non-O immigrant B" - there is a Non-Immigrant Class O visa though, called the Non-O.

Once the work permit is cancelled and you are on an extension of stay (not on your non-immigrant visa, which is only valid for the first three month and allows you to apply for the extension of stay), you have to leave the same day - or apply for another extension for 7 days, which is usually granted.

You do not report every 90 days when you are on a non-imm visa, you only report when you are on an extension of stay.

There seem to be many confusions in this thread.

Well to continu my story, I can't pass the Cambodia border without a paper mentioning the cancellation so I'm stuck in Thailand

You'll need to sort out your Thai visa situation before leaving Thailand. Nothing to do with Cambodia, where you can enter at will.