Registering Has Father At Ampher

offset

I have got a court order about me being the father of my baby but now the mother says she is not going to the Ampher to register it there how do I stand if it is not registered

A few days ago we when to the Ampher and they said that I need to bring 2 people that knows how long I stay here and a translation of my passport

does anybody know if I need anything else and can I do it without the mother being there

You do not need the mother, what you need is the court decision and the amphur will record that decision.

A translation of your passport is needed, as all documents will be in Thai. That includes a translation of your name into Thai. (if you have a work permit, they might accept that as it has a trnslation of your name into Thai).

The witnesses parrt seems a bit strange, as how long you stay in Thailand has no meaning in this case.

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe take a lawyer with you to give them some 'what for'.

The cost would be negligible for the day and the benefits.

Also, depends how old your child is, you say baby, so presume this is not relevant yet, but if 7yo or more and sometimes a little less even, but depends on which amphur.....you can just go with the child and the child will make statement that you are the father and all that stuff.

If you have been to the family court already and got the court documents recognising you as the father, then you should not need anything else.