Waiting Time For Us I-129 Fiance Visa.

Any ideas on average start to finish on getting fiance visa approval for USA. Filed and got notice of them getting it last Nov fourth.

Been looking on CA processing center from time to time and it always said 5.5 months for homeland security to process and then it gets sent to immigration for another three or four months.

Just looked at web site and now it shows 7.5 months ave processing time.??

Anyone have a feel for what's going on w CA processing Times. And more important. What is reality on just how long this is going to take?

Been w fiance for 1.5 years. Tons of pics. Doc, rental agreements showing strong relationship so feel good about going smooth but just how long does "smooth" take.?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Is should take about 7 to 9 months - then you will need to appear for a K- visa interview through the National Visa Center and then then the visa is granted if everything is in order. The whole ordeal should take about a 11 to 12 months.

Processing times at the California Service Center seem to be running ~220 days for I-129F approvals. Which is historically a pretty long time for them. September of lat year it was running about 100 days. That would put you around June 1st for the I-129F approval on the high side. After the I-129F approval, your petition should be at the Bangkok Embassy in about 2 weeks. I'd say look for an interview in August at the latest.

In addition to your proof of ongoing relationship evidence, you can start putting together the I-134 financial information you will need. Tax transcripts etc. I'd wait until your package arrives at the Bangkok embassy before you start worrying about the medical exam and the police clearance.

Also, the processing times posted on the USCIS website are useless. They are never even close to accurate. Look around on visajourney for more accurate information. You can look at Igor's list as well.

Edited by daboyz1