Bum Gun Blues

phuketsub

Can anyone recommend a decent brand of toilet hose (aka 'bum gun')?

They are indispensable plumbing items, but like most of the plumbing products on sale here they are are of very crappy quality and I find myself having to replace them several times a year.

post-40708-0-10094000-1365221380_thumb.j

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good range in both House & Home and Homepro. I've bought the cheaper ones and the more expensive ones. Does not make much difference, all need replaced after a couple of years. The nozzle usually start leaking, worn seals, but can't get spares. Ho Hum ....

• Like 1

Good range in both House & Home and Homepro. I've bought the cheaper ones and the more expensive ones. Does not make much difference, all need replaced after a couple of years. The nozzle usually start leaking, worn seals, but can't get spares. Ho Hum ....

Agreed - never found the expensive one's any better than the cheap ones. I always keep a spare in the cupboard.

• Like 1

Agreed - never found the expensive one's any better than the cheap ones. I always keep a spare in the cupboard.

+1

Bought the 150 Bt ones and bought the 550 Bt made in USA ones that swear that they are leak-proof. They're not.

Mine has been working fine for years as well. I would guess some of the hardware shops have selections of o-rings to put an old one, if that's the problem.

One tourists company closed their office for the low season had water on and the bum gun was leaking. After few weeks or months in this heat, the whole office was covered with combination of Brie and Gorgonzola. It would have been a feast, but I did not have any crackers with me.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/FH7daLY6EfX5phCUdQsd3ugYMGDVASSFPxSdSg_L5Ok?feat=directlink

I'm back in UK for a while and by heck i ain't half missing me bum gun, so much more hygenic and a darn sight cleaner, just don't understand why houses here aren't fitted with them. Something so simple yet so effective....you can clear a full roll of Andrex the morning after a curry and Guiness night!!!

Funny you mention that. I was talking with a friend in the US about that and he brought on back with him. He installed it but the water is too cold! You'd need a mixture of hot and cold water going to it. Makes sense when you think about it.

• Like 2

Huh, mine is over 7 years old, never replaced a thing.

That could be maybe due to the pressure at the gun i have used some with a gentle wash and others you need to have your seat belt on before pulling the trigger .

To much pressure at the gun blows the O rings

• Like 1

what do you mean "bum gun", please tell me that for year i've been using it as a refreshing mouth washer, picture it, sitting there and the convenience of a mouth wash device just at hand, often wondered what those tasty brown bits where there for on the nozzle, bum gun, you guys joke to much, april fools and all that ah, nearly got me clap2.gif

I remember a lifetime ago I had a bidet installed in our bathroom back in the UK. Quite an unusual accessory back in those olden days. One guest used the 'rest room' and shit in the bidet. Obviously no idea on the purpose of a bidet.

My wife is always amazed to find places with no bum spray. Quite unusual in Singapore and Bali for example.

• Like 1

Thanks, will try to find one.

Then that's the one I want...what brand is it?

It's a Cotto brand.

Did Jimi mention he has never used it in those 7 years!! cheesy.gif

LOL! Yes very funny! I use it at least once a day sometimes more depending what I ate the day before, if you really wanted to know. My wife uses it many time a day. Thank you for your concern though!

• Like 1

Huh, mine is over 7 years old, never replaced a thing.

Then that's the one I want...what brand is it?

It's a Cotto brand.

In my house we have two in stainless steel of the VRH brand. They are more than 6 year old, and never changed. We have cheap plastic ones in the other bathrooms, and they are changed every year or every other year.